Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raider Fans - Showing lack of class once again

I'm not trying to stick up for the Raiders here, but all teams have some crappy fans. My mother is a Raiders fan, when I was younger my mom and dad would always go to the Raider/Bronco game at home. She has some fantastic stories about Broncos fans and how they treated her, most of which include beer being poured on her, asking my dad where he found his Raider (insert your choice word here) etc etc. I dont like the Raiders, but I love my mom and it upsets me the way she has been treated by my fellow fans. Just my opinion.

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    where do you think they get all the makeup?
    Touche my friend
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    I am not condoning the actions because it was pretty bad, but what do you expect when an opposing player goes into a hostile enviornment. Dawgfanatic, what would Browns fans do? I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't know because I don't follow them but I know the Dawg Pound is your Black Hole.

Tatum Bell got the spoils. But I am not surprised of what I saw when he scored. They/we are a frustrated and pissed off bunch. If he walked there with a peace offering and an Avon catalog, things might've been different. But after the Raiders had victory in hand, lost it and then Tatum's TD sealed it, you can't expect fans, especially Raiders fans, to simply boo. Like I said, I don't condone it, but that's the way it is.

But the Lions got the last laugh. That hat that was thrown at them got the royal treatment bigtime.
    not to incite anyting, but didnt the Browns fans throw bottles at some players of other teams a few years ago

see link

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/g...16-jac-cle.htm

no fans teams are Angels, I remeber a Bronco fan throwing a snowball against the 49ers that made them miss a fg and the Giants fans throwin ice and hitting a SD coach in the head

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    not to incite anyting, but didnt the Browns fans throw bottles at some players of other teams a few years ago

see link

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/g...16-jac-cle.htm

no fans teams are Angels, I remeber a Bronco fan throwing a snowball against the 49ers that made them miss a fg and the Giants fans throwin ice and hitting a SD coach in the head
    Yeah that's pretty bad. It happens in all sports too. Yankees fans back in the day ALWAYS talked about Dave Winfield's mother. For those of you who don't know him, Dave Winfield played for the Yankees.

Yeah that's pretty bad. It happens in all sports too. Yankees fans back in the day ALWAYS talked about Dave Winfield's mother. For those of you who don't know him, Dave Winfield played for the Yankees.
    That's incredible to me. Dave was a stud. Wow!!!!

what would Browns fans do? I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't know because I don't follow them but I know the Dawg Pound is your Black Hole.
    Every team has their dumb fans that step out of line. I have never been to a Browns game in my life, but I have read plenty from Browns fans on the forums I am describing the games. There are always some fans who act way out of line.

I know for years that at the Old Muni, fans were allowed to bring kegs and all sorts of things to the games and that in the old Dawg Pound that fans would have kegs sitting right there. I also do know that many things were thrown on the field several times, on one such occasion against Denver I know they changed the field position so that Denver players did not have to go near the Dawg Pound because the fans were throwing batteries. Most fans that I have spoken to though are not that sort. But they have mentioned some fans that have acted up and what not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Denver's fans in the South Stands get pretty rowdy sometimes too...it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see something getting thrown at the Raiders Sunday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Nick Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Denver's fans in the South Stands get pretty rowdy sometimes too...it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see something getting thrown at the Raiders Sunday.
    I will be in the South Stannds on Sunday. I'll let you know if I see anything flying through the air!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderGirl View Post
    I will be in the South Stannds on Sunday. I'll let you know if I see anything flying through the air!
    I don't want to see any pictures of you throwing a plastic beer bottle at Dominic Rhodes!

(just a little story...Dominic Rhodes is from Abilene, TX, the town I live in...the people here swear he is an "elite" RB and I can't stand it. Therefore, I can't stand him)

i have yet to see it nor any high/lowlights from the game. It sounded bad as i heard it on the radio on the way home from the Chargers/Bears game. I dont like and actually hate the way actions like that paint all the fans of their team.

years back I'll never forget seeing Bronco fans throwing battery filled snowballs at Raider players onto the filled.

Adopted Bronco:
    Nick Ferguson

I don't want to see any pictures of you throwing a plastic beer bottle at Dominic Rhodes!

(just a little story...Dominic Rhodes is from Abilene, TX, the town I live in...the people here swear he is an "elite" RB and I can't stand it. Therefore, I can't stand him)

You read my mind!

Actually, I would never do something like that! I'll boo em' all day long though!

Adopted Bronco:
    Nick Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by silver_black View Post
    i have yet to see it nor any high/lowlights from the game. It sounded bad as i heard it on the radio on the way home from the Chargers/Bears game. I dont like and actually hate the way actions like that paint all the fans of their team.

years back I'll never forget seeing Bronco fans throwing battery filled snowballs at Raider players onto the filled.

Denver fans did that????

I thought that was Philli fans!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I know Denver fans threw snowballs at the Raiders, but NEVER heard anything about the snow balls having batteries inside 'em.

Adopted Bronco:
    Nick Ferguson

I know Denver fans threw snowballs at the Raiders, but NEVER heard anything about the snow balls having batteries inside 'em.

That is what I thought too. Doesn't sound like Denver fans. I have seen other team fans(even in the South Stands) treated with respect over and over again. I'm not saying we are perfect fans. I'm sure we have our bad apples, but I've never seen it!

this was discussed to death @ broncomania boards with cited articles, its there if anyone wants to revisit it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information