Thread: Nintendo DS

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default Nintendo DS

I just scored an original Nintendo DS (off some ghetto mofos who were likely selling their little brother's shit to get some weekend weed or 40z) in great condition for dirt cheap. Sure it's an old one and like the size of a brick but I figured, why not? Something to mess around with.

The last portable console I had was the original Game Boy many, many years ago, and believe it or not this is only the second Nintendo product of any generation or system Ive ever owned.

Does anyone have any experience with it? I know a lot of the software is aimed at kids and they have a few cool shooters, but they have to have some interesting games for it.

Anything?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I just scored an original Nintendo DS (off some ghetto mofos who were likely selling their little brother's shit to get some weekend weed or 40z) in great condition for dirt cheap. Sure it's an old one and like the size of a brick but I figured, why not? Something to mess around with.

The last portable console I had was the original Game Boy many, many years ago, and believe it or not this is only the second Nintendo product of any generation or system Ive ever owned.

Does anyone have any experience with it? I know a lot of the software is aimed at kids and they have a few cool shooters, but they have to have some interesting games for it.

Anything?
    I had one for a while about 2 years ago (lost it in the breakup ) Anyway, the coolest thing I thought about the DS was the local multiplayer, very handy for screwing off at work

I'm no DS expert but I'd recommend Mario Cart, any of the Final Fantasy games, and the super mario bros games are fun. There was also the surgeon game that was pretty amusing but I can't remember the name.

I'd really like to pick up a DS on the cheap again when I get the chance. I'm not a Nintendo fan but they have they have hand held gaming down.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

3. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just saw this. Advance Wars is a MUST play. Best handheld RTS ever. Simple to learn, difficult to master. I have logged in at least 200 hours between Advance Wars and its sequel on the DS.

People have mentioned Mario and the Final Fantasy Games (the remakes of III and IV are incredible) but do not pass up the Castlevania games. They are all structured after the Symphony of the Night formula and no matter which one you pick they are great games. I think they had 4 (I remember Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Order of Ecclesia, and Portrait of Ruin were all a blast).

Also Chrono Trigger is a great reissue on the DS. Great portable if you like old school RPGs. Do yourself a favor and pick up the Final Fantasy IV remake, a Castlevania Game, and Advance Wars for less than the price of one 360 or PS3 game with 4 times the replay value.

5. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I have a few games for it, but I dont like the sylus use in some games. Moon is a pretty good FPS, but using the stylus to turn and look around really sucks.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I have a few games for it, but I dont like the sylus use in some games. Moon is a pretty good FPS, but using the stylus to turn and look around really sucks.
    The only time I used the stylus was the Legend of Zelda game that required it and Advance Wars. In Advance Wars it made sense because you were moving your troops, tanks, etc. on what was basically a grid. That game got me through many long plane trips and boring jobs!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information