Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    I never keep anything. Fish is gross.
    I hope you're a gurl.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    Went night fishing sat. night - 11pm - 4am - full moon cool breeze - it kicked ass

No people (the best part) - no jet skis, no waiting at the boat docks

No sun (also cool) cause usually there is no place to get out of the sun once youre out on the lake - and a bass boat doesnt afford much sun protection (actually none)

Only caught 1 fish though - but still had a great time

We dont keep the fish anyways - i hate all seafood - ALL and it keeps the lakes populated
    Gee, OB...didn't know there was a sea in OK for you to take fish from?

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Caught this beaut this morning.

nice finger....... lol

...nice fish too. wink

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Sometimes I'll throw out a cast net to catch some shad, but I don't like using live baits.
    lol...and I know why......

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Shut up Mike! Quit picking on me! I'm going fishing this evening.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Did some fishing this morning. Had a GREAT day. My buddy Corey and I went out to the lake around 0630, right as the sun was coming up. The hybrid striper were jumping like crazy when we got there. I was using an O2 Express top water lure and cast after cast I was catching 4-6 lb hybrids. Those sons of bitches are VICIOUS. I've never caught them before, usually just white bass and large mouth. But man, great fighters. I was having to cast out probably 150-200 feet to get where the hybrids were jumping after the shad, but once I set my reel up right to go out that far, I was bringing them in like crazy. Then once it started getting warmer they moved farther out in to deeper water and we couldn't get to them from the shore anymore and moved over to our large mouth spot. I only caught a couple 2-3 pounders on buzz bait and a popper, but Corey caught a 6-7 pound large mouth. That fish was HUGE. We didn't get any pictures because right when he lifted it out of the water, it got off. I tried to reach in the water to stick my thumb in his mouth because I couldn't get my little hands around that thing's fat body, but flopped around then swam off. Pictures coming later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Here's a few from this morning.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

You must have your own honey hole, SR! Are these lakes near Dyess?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I sure do! All of the pictures I've posted of me on the shore are right where these are. In the bottom two, where the shoreline goes back behind me, there's a really nice little cove where the BIG largemouth like to hang out in the grass. That's where my buddy caught that biggun today. This lake is Lake Fort Phantom and it's about 20 minutes northeast of Dyess.

We got some good rain yesterday and no moon last night with no wind this morning, so the lake was like glass and the stripers and white bass were jumping like crazy when we first got out there. As it got warmer they kept moving out farther. The bottom two I caught that fish with a 1/2oz spoon. The only reason I was using it was because that's all I had that would get out far enough to have a hope at the striper as it got later.

11. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Wheres the pic of Buffs big catch

Good fishin there SR - hopefully going floating down the Illinois thursday - maybe catch some decent small mouth - but we havent had rain in 4ever (it feels like) and going on a couple of weeks of 9+ days - today 105 (in the friggin shade)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    Gee, OB...didn't know there was a sea in OK for you to take fish from?
    Bite me RC (for old times sake )

Im from CT so I know what seafood is - anything that comes from the water is gross

Took my son to Joes Crab Shack last night - OMFG - it was horrid - he enjoyed his crabs but everything else totally sucked - i will never ever ever go there again

$9 for a margarita

My chicken sandwich was undercooked - I ordered my 2nd drink when our food came out and didnt get it until we had finished dinner - my daughter got about 10 (and im not kidding) french fries with her $12 meal

Place was ridiculous

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

This bass right here trumps all of the others I've ever caught. She weighed between 6-7 lbs. Caught her right where I catch all the others I've posted pictures of. We've had about 4" of rain in the past two days and the lake has risen about 2-3' and it hasn't been over 77 for the past two days (three counting today so far) and the large mouth were ALL shallow. They were jumping all over the place, but I couldn't peg any of them except this bad boy. At first I couldn't tell if it was a mammoth or one of those small, strong buggers. Here's the pics.

Don't laugh. The hooks were in a funny spot, I had never caught a bass this big, she was bleeding like crazy, and I was in a hurry. So what if I was holding it funny. EDIT: In the second picture, there were hooks. In the first picture, I was holding it funny because I had my fingers in its mouth. I couldn't hold her with just a thumb in the mouth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Here's one from today out at Cisco, TX about an hour east of Abilene. Not real big, but it's all we got.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Went today i didnt catch shit but my guy caught about 9/10 with a two good 4+ pound large mouths - ill get his digicam and try to show ya

I attribute my fishing style to MO's sex life - i have the right bait - i cast it out - i get a few nibbles but cant ever set the damn hook

Wait a great freakin day though - weather was perfection fish were biting

we were up and gone by 630 but the damn boat battery wasnt charged so we didnt get to leave till 845

waters were choppy (windy) and bass boats werent made for comfort - good thing i dont get sea sick

stayed out till 600 - my face is red as fuc

but all in all a totally awesome day (cept the broncos f'n it all up )

glad to see u SR - was thinking about u today

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information