Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Fishing

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    Went today i didnt catch shit but my guy caught about 9/10 with a two good 4+ pound large mouths - ill get his digicam and try to show ya

I attribute my fishing style to MO's sex life - i have the right bait - i cast it out - i get a few nibbles but cant ever set the damn hook

Wait a great freakin day though - weather was perfection fish were biting

we were up and gone by 630 but the damn boat battery wasnt charged so we didnt get to leave till 845

waters were choppy (windy) and bass boats werent made for comfort - good thing i dont get sea sick

stayed out till 600 - my face is red as fuc

but all in all a totally awesome day (cept the broncos f'n it all up )

glad to see u SR - was thinking about u today
    Water was a bit choppy at the lake I was at Saturday, but the lake had a lot of good coves and such that were pretty well guarded from the wind. We were Carolina rigging over by the damn in 40' of water, but didn't catch anything there.

What were you thinking about me for?
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Water was a bit choppy at the lake I was at Saturday, but the lake had a lot of good coves and such that were pretty well guarded from the wind. We were Carolina rigging over by the damn in 40' of water, but didn't catch anything there.

What were you thinking about me for?
    Hadnt seen you around in awhile and well i was fishing - wondering how u n brie were doin - etc... i do think about this site too much though

It was just such a perfect day - overcast - breezy (we found a cove or two and thats where he caught his two 4+ pounders) the shad were jumping like crazy - nothing to do but fish, think, read and relax - it was a perfect day - i needed it - i need like 4 or 5 of them in a row though
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I caught the biggest fish I've ever seen tonight. My buddy Doug and I took his father in law's bass boat out to Lake Fort Phantom, where I usually go because it's close, and we trolled over to this little cove to fish for largemouth. Shad were jumping all around us, so we figured it would be a good place to fish for bass. So I cast out a crank bait that was chrome on bottom and dark blue on top and dove to about 3-6'. All of a sudden I felt like I got hung up or got a hit, so I set the hooks. I was reeling and reeling and not getting anywhere so I asked Doug to back up with the trolling motor. All of a sudden my line tightened back up and jerked my rod damn near out of my hands. I started reeling and cranking and reeling, but this damn fish would not come toward the boat for anything. After a couple minutes of fighting, I get the fish near the boat and it surfaced. It was an Alligator Gar that was about 4' long and probably weighed in around 30-40 pounds. I snagged him right behind his right side fin. There was no way I was bringing that devil fish in to the boat. Doug and I thought I had a trophy bass and we were both super excited while I was fighting and bringing it in, but once that fish got close to the boat we just got silent. Neither one of us had seen an Alligator Gar that big before. He was chillin next to the side of the boat for a minute, then just thrashed, jumped out of the water, and my line broke. It was an awesome adrenaline rush though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/s...denver+broncos

Cooper's new team
    Former Denver Broncos lineman finds camaraderie in fishing

When Mark Cooper hung up his cleats for a business suit, he had no realistic expectation that he'd ever find the level of excitement and camaraderie he'd enjoyed during his playing days.

He assumed the days of bonding with a close-knit group of guys, all linked together for a common goal —winning — would never again materialize.

Former Denver Bronco Mark Cooper is one of the celebrities fishing this weekend's Mercury Redbone Celebrity Tournament Series.
    Then he discovered competitive fishing. That changed his life, he now says.

"It was like being in the NFL all over again," says Cooper, who did stints with the Denver Broncos, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Cleveland Browns. "The camaraderie in fishing is just like the camaraderie in the NFL. Many of these guys fish the same tournaments, so you see the same guys over and over. And they compete against one another on an annual basis. It's exciting."

Aside from taking part in the ESPN Outdoors Saltwater Series Mercury Southernmost Light-Tackle Anglers Masters Celebrity Tournament trail, he also hosts his own celebrity fly fishing tournament, the Mercury Redbone @ Large, in Colorado, where he makes his home. He also travels widely to be a part of the inshore saltwater tournament scene.

Cooper's tall, athletic build gives away his former profession, which included guarding quarterbacks like John Elway, Vinny Testaverde and Steve DeBerg, among others. But most people who meet Cooper, now a successful real estate salesman, will be pleasantly surprised at the fact that most of his stories surround fishing, not ball playing.

As he tells it, after leaving the NFL, he longed for a sport that gave him the same level of satisfaction that he'd enjoyed in the NFL.

He found it when he picked up a fly rod on a saltwater trip.

"These guys put a fly rod in my hand, and I fell in love," says Cooper, as he sits beside a popular dock in Key West, watching the boats come and go. "I had never found that feeling before I picked up that rod. I was hooked."

He was so in love that, once back at home, he created a casting platform in his back yard to gain proficiency at casting. Apparently it's paid off.

He's now a solid angler, able to make the precise casts necessary for snook, bonefish, tarpon, redfish and permit in gin-clear water.

"The visual aspect, seeing everything happen right in front of you is what I love," he says. "There are so many things to account for: boat speed, wind, fish speed — all those elements have to come together to make for a successful outing."

When Cooper is not traveling or selling real estate, he can be found blogging for the Denver Broncos (www.denverbroncos.com) or indulging another of his passions, writing outdoor features.

He's written for The Denver Post, Florida Sportsman, Key West Magazine and the Redbone Journal. Make no mistake, though, being an active participant in the sport of angling is his real love. And it's a cause he's taken up with zeal, encouraging anyone he meets to give the sport a try.

"I tell people that if they try it, it will change their life," he says. "It changed mine. A lot of people go through life without a real passion. You've got to be passionate about something, right? This is my passion."

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I caught the biggest fish I've ever seen tonight. My buddy Doug and I took his father in law's bass boat out to Lake Fort Phantom, where I usually go because it's close, and we trolled over to this little cove to fish for largemouth. Shad were jumping all around us, so we figured it would be a good place to fish for bass. So I cast out a crank bait that was chrome on bottom and dark blue on top and dove to about 3-6'. All of a sudden I felt like I got hung up or got a hit, so I set the hooks. I was reeling and reeling and not getting anywhere so I asked Doug to back up with the trolling motor. All of a sudden my line tightened back up and jerked my rod damn near out of my hands. I started reeling and cranking and reeling, but this damn fish would not come toward the boat for anything. After a couple minutes of fighting, I get the fish near the boat and it surfaced. It was an Alligator Gar that was about 4' long and probably weighed in around 30-40 pounds. I snagged him right behind his right side fin. There was no way I was bringing that devil fish in to the boat. Doug and I thought I had a trophy bass and we were both super excited while I was fighting and bringing it in, but once that fish got close to the boat we just got silent. Neither one of us had seen an Alligator Gar that big before. He was chillin next to the side of the boat for a minute, then just thrashed, jumped out of the water, and my line broke. It was an awesome adrenaline rush though.
    Those are some big mothers for sure and U G L Y

Did you feel bad for snagging him - My first bass i caught swallowed the hook and I felt bad (cause we catch and release) I dont know why - must be a girl thing

I got to learn how to set a damn hook though - i dont know why i cant do it

Guess it just something you learn with practice

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I didn't feel bad. I was more pissed that I lost one of my favorite crank baits. Setting the hook is a VERY useful and under-utilized technique. You want to generate as much rod speed as possible in the quickest period of time possible. A lot of it is in the wrists. Once you feel that hit, use your wrists to jerk the nose of your rod straight up and back.

Any time you feel like you got a hit, set the hook. It might be grass, a log, sticks, or a brush, but you never know, so set the hook.

Do you fish with a bobber and worm or do you use lures?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I didn't feel bad. I was more pissed that I lost one of my favorite crank baits. Setting the hook is a VERY useful and under-utilized technique. You want to generate as much rod speed as possible in the quickest period of time possible. A lot of it is in the wrists. Once you feel that hit, use your wrists to jerk the nose of your rod straight up and back.

Any time you feel like you got a hit, set the hook. It might be grass, a log, sticks, or a brush, but you never know, so set the hook.

Do you fish with a bobber and worm or do you use lures?
    Lures - my guy never fishes with live bait - i grew up fishing with worms and bobbers and all i ever caught was sunfish (thats what we called them) - but you didnt have to set the hook

I do as you say but to no avail - idk what i do wrong

Im pretty good at casting though

I usually fish with a centipede - but this last time he put a crank bait on for me - he was using a crank bait and a spinner bait - idk though he has like 100,000 lures on his boat - i kid you not - he used to fish tourneys - and he does get super pissed if he loses one of his favorite lures - i think thats why he always gives me the shitty ones

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

The fish should start spawning soon SR! I miss going down those bayous and marshes and the bass are so aggressive at this time of the year (late Jan/Feb/March) and when you can get into a mess of bream or white perch(crappie), it's alot of fun! We won't see water around here until May!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default For all you fisherman

http://cbs4denver.com/watercooler/An...2.1113242.html (click on link to see picture)

Angler Breaks Colorado Channel Catfish Record

An Aurora man has broken the state record for channel catfish with a 35-pounder caught in Aurora Reservoir.

The state Division of Wildlife says Mike Stone caught the 37-inch fish on July 26. It weighed 35.22 pounds.

The previous record was 33.5 pounds, set in 1994 by John McKeever at Hertha Reservoir in Larimer County.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information