Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Table Rock North Carolina?? Been there a few times as a boy scout on camping trips, decent trout fishing, perch too. It would have been better if me and a freind did'nt get caught trying to borrow the park rangers canoe, fishing from the bank sucks ...

No - MO - used to be a river then made it into a lake - it stretches for hundreds of miles - we get these cabins that kick ass - pics on myspace - its all i would ever want if i had a choice - although not necessarily there - i need my ocean - and this part of the country bites ass in that category
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

2. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Did some fishing yesterday. I was using my 7' Ugly Stick/Zebco open face reel combo with a 3oz weight and #2 treble hook with chicken liver as bait hoping to catch some big Catfish...but all I kept catching was friggin Perch. The area where I was fishing was off of a dam and I know for a fact the water was about 20' or so with a ledge under the water so there are big fish to be caught in that area...but this damn Perch kept biting. I forgot my knife at the house, otherwise I would have cut them up and used them as bait. Mad face.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

The owner of Falcon rods (their company is right behind the rest.) comes in all the time - he is a cantankerous, male chauvinist cheap ass MF'r

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Went fishing this weekend just outside of Ottawa (4 hrs Northeast of Toronto). We were fishing for pickeral (walleye), bass isn't open yet, but it still didn't stop my 5 year old Jack from hauling in a couple of nice one's.

3 pounder

6.5 pounder

6. The Following 12 Users High Fived Flatinum For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Flatinum View Post
    Went fishing this weekend just outside of Ottawa (4 hrs Northeast of Toronto). We were fishing for pickeral (walleye), bass isn't open yet, but it still didn't stop my 5 year old Jack from hauling in a couple of nice one's.

3 pounder

6.5 pounder

Dang - nice fish - very cute kid too

8. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

What makes the story even better is that if you look in the background we're fishing on a 8ft wall. Once Jack got the fish to the bottom I had to lift them up this wall without losing them. Which I did. We were so pumped up.

Jack would fish 24/7 if he could. My father gave him $40 when we visited him and Jack spent the entire amount on fishing lures. What 5 year old does that?

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Flatinum For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Flatinum View Post
    What makes the story even better is that if you look in the background we're fishing on a 8ft wall. Once Jack got the fish to the bottom I had to lift them up this wall without losing them. Which I did. We were so pumped up.

Jack would fish 24/7 if he could. My father gave him $40 when we visited him and Jack spent the entire amount on fishing lures. What 5 year old does that?
    Maybe got a pro lurking

Next to golf i cant think of a better sport for a kid to go pro at these days, MHO, of course

Adopted Bronco:

Nice fish. Keep the kid going, enter him in some junior tourneys, etc. As long as he has a love for it and comprehends the science of it...he's got a shot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    Maybe got a pro lurking

Next to golf i cant think of a better sport for a kid to go pro at these days, MHO, of course
    He hits a golf ball pretty good for a 5 year old as well. We go to the range and play pitch and putt at least twice a week. He was hitting a baseball (underhand) at 3 and he's a southpaw, he can't reach the rim with an official basketball but the form is there when he's shooting, he's a very good skater (hockey player) for a 5 year old as well. It seems anything athletic comes to him naturally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

No golf this w/e but floated n fished the Illinois - my guy caught the biggest small mouth he ever caught - had to be 5++ pounds - we didnt have camera

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

I actually went and bought a fishing license last weekend so I guess I better take my kid out and use it. Here goes nothing.

16. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I just bought a new bass rod/baitcaster. I got an Abu Garcia rod and reel set up. The reel is a 7-bearing, 6.2:1 ratio. I was supposed to go bass fishing tomorrow, but it's supposed to be really, really windy again so we're not going.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Her 3rd cast of the day:

19. The Following 7 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

I found someones rod and reel in about 110ft of water yesterday. About 4 days ago I saw a barracuda with a hook in his mouth dragging about 15 ft of line.

I've been eating yellow snapper fish tacos almost once a week for about 6 months straight. Fresh fish is good!

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    No - MO - used to be a river then made it into a lake - it stretches for hundreds of miles - we get these cabins that kick ass - pics on myspace - its all i would ever want if i had a choice - although not necessarily there - i need my ocean - and this part of the country bites ass in that category
    I love Table Rock lake we go over to Branson at least once a year

where in OK do you live ?

I'm in Bartlesville

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information