Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I read that earlier...that really sucks Tned. Looks like you'll be spending more time with us for a month and a half...
    Well, I"m three weeks into it. The last two days were the first time the pain of just doing normal stuff started to ease. I knew at the time it was stupid to keep playing, but I figured it would just be real painful the next day or week, didn't think it would be a lingering thing, having never pulled/strained a groin muscle before.

about to play my first golf of the year, just a quick 9 here in copper mountain. i'm anxious, i can't wait to get out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

was only gonna play 9 but they let us play 18. shot an 88
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Lonnie Paxton

Going to play Annbriar today, one of the nicest courses in the area but it's the first time I've every been.

http://www.annbriar.com/
    I hate baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncogator View Post
    Going to play Annbriar today, one of the nicest courses in the area but it's the first time I've every been.

http://www.annbriar.com/
    Let me know what you think. How far from St. Louis?

Adopted Bronco:
    Lonnie Paxton

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Let me know what you think. How far from St. Louis?
    Very very nice. 25 min tops from the STL area
    I hate baseball!

Adopted Bronco:
    Lonnie Paxton

Played in a scramble at Far Oaks on Sat. First time I've played there when it was green, usually wait for the fall rates, $85 for weekend rates in the summer is a little pricey but it's a great course. Got to see Yadier Molina's house, he just moved to the east side....kinda cool
    http://www.faroaksgolfclub.com/
    I hate baseball!

Played 9 this afternoon. Shot a 49, drank some beer. It was fun.

Ok, after 7 weeks, I am hoping my pulled groin is finally healed. I played two rounds up in St. Louis area right before heading to memphis to fly to Europe for two weeks. Got back last night, and we are going to play today. Based on only playing three rounds of golf + one three man scramble in the last seven months or so, if I play in the 80's I'll be happy. Main thing is I am just hoping I can work myself back without reinjuring the muscle.

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, after 7 weeks, I am hoping my pulled groin is finally healed. I played two rounds up in St. Louis area right before heading to memphis to fly to Europe for two weeks. Got back last night, and we are going to play today. Based on only playing three rounds of golf + one three man scramble in the last seven months or so, if I play in the 80's I'll be happy. Main thing is I am just hoping I can work myself back without reinjuring the muscle.
    Welcome back stranger - good luck today

I want to play
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    Welcome back stranger - good luck today

I want to play
    I played solid, but not great. I was just hoping to break 90, but when I shot a 42 on the front, I thought I might come in, in the low 80's. Wound up with 86. My leg got tired on the back nine, and I started to get a little erratic. It will be a good tune up for Sunday.

I rarely play during the week, but since we were taking a day off after the two week trip to Europe, we played on a weekday.

So I've been playing pretty decent all summer. Probably average a round every weekend plus the 9 holes each Wednesday in my golf league. I'd bought this program at the beginning of the year where I track my handicap, fairways, GIR, first putts, up and downs, and a few other things.

So I had 17 scores in there and it counted my best 7 ya know. I had a 9.2 handicap so I knew the next 3 rounds I had to score to keep it under 10. Well then I dislocated the middle finger on my right hand. Played 6 days later in Nashville with my dad and 2 uncles. They all 3 beat me on this 5800 yard course 90-95. I know it was because of my finger cause I couldn't even wrap it or my pointer finger around the club. Needles to say, because of the injury I didn't count that score toward my handicap.

Two days later at my family reunion I shot an 85 but was 9 over on the first 6 holes. About hole 8 I noticed I could actually wrap my hand around the club. My dad shot a 99 that day. My 2 uncles shot 102 and 106. So that just shows how much the hand bothered me that round in Nashville.

Anyway, I entered that round, an 86 at Pendelton, and a combined 84 from last week and the week befores golf league. I'm a 10.6 or 10.8 it said.

But last night in my league I dropped a 34. Took a bogey on #1 and left a 6 foot birdie putt a foot and a half short on #9. Best nine holes I've ever played and I know I left a few shots out there. Like the 12 foot eagle putt on #6 that was on line but I left it a foot short. Still made bird but eagle woulda been sweet.

After I finished that 9 the guy I played and I played 10 more holes before the cart had to be in. Par on those 10 would have been 43. I was 3 over.

I just know this weekend I'll put up a 90 or next Wednesday I'll put up a 45. I'll be a 2 handicap in the league now BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete View Post
    So I've been playing pretty decent all summer. Probably average a round every weekend plus the 9 holes each Wednesday in my golf league. I'd bought this program at the beginning of the year where I track my handicap, fairways, GIR, first putts, up and downs, and a few other things.

So I had 17 scores in there and it counted my best 7 ya know. I had a 9.2 handicap so I knew the next 3 rounds I had to score to keep it under 10. Well then I dislocated the middle finger on my right hand. Played 6 days later in Nashville with my dad and 2 uncles. They all 3 beat me on this 5800 yard course 90-95. I know it was because of my finger cause I couldn't even wrap it or my pointer finger around the club. Needles to say, because of the injury I didn't count that score toward my handicap.

Two days later at my family reunion I shot an 85 but was 9 over on the first 6 holes. About hole 8 I noticed I could actually wrap my hand around the club. My dad shot a 99 that day. My 2 uncles shot 102 and 106. So that just shows how much the hand bothered me that round in Nashville.

Anyway, I entered that round, an 86 at Pendelton, and a combined 84 from last week and the week befores golf league. I'm a 10.6 or 10.8 it said.

But last night in my league I dropped a 34. Took a bogey on #1 and left a 6 foot birdie putt a foot and a half short on #9. Best nine holes I've ever played and I know I left a few shots out there. Like the 12 foot eagle putt on #6 that was on line but I left it a foot short. Still made bird but eagle woulda been sweet.

After I finished that 9 the guy I played and I played 10 more holes before the cart had to be in. Par on those 10 would have been 43. I was 3 over.

I just know this weekend I'll put up a 90 or next Wednesday I'll put up a 45. I'll be a 2 handicap in the league now BTW.
    Great going. 34, awesome. I assume that was on a par 36? I have been even par on a nine several times, but I have yet to be under par on a nine.

Now that I am finally playing again (didn't play much last year, and only a couple rounds from October until Memorial day, where I strained a muscle real bad which had me off the course for five weeks), my goal is to really focus on scoring. I finished last year with a 9.8 or so USGA handicap index. My goals are 1: keep it under 10, 2: regularly shoot in the 70s (par 72 courses), 3: break par on 9 holes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Damn i just wanna make a birdie

Although - ive only been playing 3 years and only go out prolly 6 or 7 times a year - i hit the range alot - but im shooting around 108 (on the easier/shorter courses - of course )

I need a man who will take me golfing more

Tubby???
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

i stopped through copper a couple weeks ago and played a round with my parents. i didn't have my clubs, so i used my brothers

i'm not blaming it entirely on the clubs, but ya never know, cause my whole game was off bad. worst round of golf i've played in probably 2 years...

i need to petition western to create like a golf club or team or something so that i can play for cheap/free here in gunnison. how awesome would that be?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information