Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Golf has too many ****ing rules.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You'd think it should be pretty straightforward, stand there, hit ball towards hole, repeat.

4. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    You'd think it should be pretty straightforward, stand there, hit ball towards hole, repeat.
    Right. This doesn't seem like something we need to overcomplicate. I love golf, but I don't think any sport takes itself more seriously.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think the rules are the same amount of complicated as any other sport we talk about here.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think the rules are the same amount of complicated as any other sport we talk about here.
    Agreed, too complicated!

However, the rules might be equally complicated but the game itself is much less complicated.

9. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Agreed, too complicated!

However, the rules might be equally complicated but the game itself is much less complicated.
    The R&A and PGA completely revamped the rules of golf to make them simpler, and I think for you and me, when we go to the course, the rules are about as simple as hit the ball where it lies, take a penalty stroke if it goes in the water or out of bounds. You can putt with the flagstick in now.

For the pros, there’s a few other rules they have to follow, like your caddie can’t be lined up behind you. That’s been a rule for the men for a long time, they instituted in the women’s game now too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

The R&A and PGA completely revamped the rules of golf to make them simpler, and I think for you and me, when we go to the course, the rules are about as simple as hit the ball where it lies, take a penalty stroke if it goes in the water or out of bounds. You can putt with the flagstick in now.

For the pros, there’s a few other rules they have to follow, like your caddie can’t be lined up behind you. That’s been a rule for the men for a long time, they instituted in the women’s game now too.
    What is the reasoning behind that rule? I don't see why.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Right. Football has 22 guys on the field all will different jobs and has several different ways to gain yardage, score, change possession, stop the clock, etc. Golf is one guy hitting one ball into one hole. Doesn't need as expensive a rule book as football.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

What is the reasoning behind that rule? I don't see why.

I don’t really have a great answer for this, but my guess is they want the player to hit the shot unaided once they are lined up.

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Right. Football has 22 guys on the field all will different jobs and has several different ways to gain yardage, score, change possession, stop the clock, etc. Golf is one guy hitting one ball into one hole. Doesn't need as expensive a rule book as football.
    This is exactly why they revamped and simplified the official rule book before this year. They felt like it was inaccessible to the average person, even if most average people technically cheat every round.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

This is exactly why they revamped and simplified the official rule book before this year. They felt like it was inaccessible to the average person, even if most average people technically cheat every round.
    There's no technically about it!

18. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

There's no technically about it!
    Coors Light. The official beer of going golfing just to drink beer.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

This. I have a lotta courses here. I think its something id really enjoy. Idk i dont get it.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Yeah, that was not easy to learn them all... The Rules of Golf content is intended for those who administer the game and who need to answer the variety of questions that can arise in relation to golf competitions. If you are a player, it is recommended that you should first consult 'The Player's Edition'. As I know there are about 24 rules. And you can read them on any forum about golf you want, here is an example - windtreegolf.com/. Yeah it's hard to memorize all the rules but it's obviously not impossible.
    Last edited by nukenbu; 05-26-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information