Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I was invited to play, but couldn't due to other obligations.

I haven't played in two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I think I'm going to buy some clubs and get back into golfing.

What kind of irons should I get? I haven't picked up a club in years. I have a cheap set of Wal-Mart Wilsons that I bought in High School. I want something better, but don't need top of the line clubs as I will need some time to get my game back in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

What kind of irons should I get? I haven't picked up a club in years. I have a cheap set of Wal-Mart Wilsons that I bought in High School. I want something better, but don't need top of the line clubs as I will need some time to get my game back in shape.
    its all about feel... dont buy because of brand, go into a store and use the simulator to see what you like.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

5. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post

its all about feel... dont buy because of brand, go into a store and use the simulator to see what you like.
    I use the same method for buying toilet paper
    Free Hotcarl!

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    This is NTL we're talking about - he's going to buy the most expensive clubs on the market!

Go with what weazel said. Or, just use your existing clubs and see if you're really going to enjoy playing again to make an investment. It would really suck to spend some money, and never use the things. I'd probably go with a mid-range club. You can always upgrade later if you're playing a lot and enjoying it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    This is NTL we're talking about - he's going to buy the most expensive clubs on the market!

Go with what weazel said. Or, just use your existing clubs and see if you're really going to enjoy playing again to make an investment. It would really suck to spend some money, and never use the things. I'd probably go with a mid-range club. You can always upgrade later if you're playing a lot and enjoying it.
    I was thinking about finding a good mid-range used set in order to mitigate against dropping a ton of cash on something I might not like.

I know I don't like the cheap Wilson's. Never could stand those clubs.

I once had a buddy of mine who was a scratch golfer at the time tell me, "quit blaming your clubs, you just need to practice more. Here, let me show you. . ." He takes a swing with pitiful results (although better than mine) and says, "Well, damn. .. .But that's not because of your club, it's just because I'm not used to swinging your clubs."

Edit: But I was hoping for some ideas on good clubs to look for, that I might find used.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I was thinking about finding a good mid-range used set in order to mitigate against dropping a ton of cash on something I might not like.

I once had a buddy of mine who was a scratch golfer at the time tell me, "quit blaming your clubs, you just need to practice more. Here, let me show you. . ." He takes a swing with pitiful results (although better than mine) and says, "Well, damn. .. .But that's not because of your club, it's just because I'm not used to swinging your clubs."

Edit: But I was hoping for some ideas on good clubs to look for, that I might find used.
    Well, you're going to get a 1,000 suggestions - none of which are going to be useful because everyone plays different. I'd go to the local Sports Authority (or similar) and just test a few out and see which ones feel good in your hand. It's going to take some time either way to get used to the weight and the shaft flexibility from what you're used to. I'd guess you have a pretty stiff shaft (insert joke here). Maybe you want something that has a bit more give.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I bumped this thread hoping for some Open Championship discussion!!! New thread forthcoming.

12. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I bumped this thread hoping for some Open Championship discussion!!! New thread forthcoming.
    We don't care what you want.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

The reason I said go in to a shop and try a few out is because it is all about how the clubs feel in your swing, don't buy someone elses used junk. The best part about buying it in a shop is that they will fit the clubs to you, which is more important than anything else about them.

16. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Where's the ******* thread?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I really liked my Taylor Made irons, NTL. I bought a demo set from one of the stores in Charlotte for half the price.

19. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's not a sexy finish, but Jimmy Walker has been really, really good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Right after Day made that eagle on 18, and Walker went into the rough on his approach, I thought there might be a chance for a playoff.

Walker played lights out for most of the tournament. Nice to see him win his first major.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information