Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I love playing golf and watching golf on tv on occasion. I've gone golfing alot lately with my dad, but I am still terrible

2. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I love playing golf and watching golf on tv on occasion. I've gone golfing alot lately with my dad, but I am still terrible
    I haven't got out yet this year. I swear that that's going to change on Saturday or Sunday, or both, this weekend...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I've got 7 or 8 rounds in so far this year. Played 2 down in Florida back in February and some scattered rounds since. I just got an e-mail this week about my match play golf league starting either April 30th or May 7th so I'm gonna have to get out a few times in the next week or so.

And I'm actually gonna start keeping up for my handicap. I've just got those 7 or 8 rounds entered so far and it's a lot lower than I expected. I can't wait to get the 20 in but hate to see it jump up when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete View Post
    I've got 7 or 8 rounds in so far this year. Played 2 down in Florida back in February and some scattered rounds since. I just got an e-mail this week about my match play golf league starting either April 30th or May 7th so I'm gonna have to get out a few times in the next week or so.

And I'm actually gonna start keeping up for my handicap. I've just got those 7 or 8 rounds entered so far and it's a lot lower than I expected. I can't wait to get the 20 in but hate to see it jump up when I do.
    man, you are a jerk

since i started playing golf i've been lucky to make it out 7 or 8 times a year!

still trying to get a job at a course so i can change that though. good luck with your league
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Went today and played decent (for a 15 year old who sucks which means I got 8's in par 5's) on a few holes on the first 9 holes but then the back 9 I was terrible. But hey i've definately improved...I can hit it from the regular tee-offs and make it past the womens tees (when they're separated).

I played last Wednesday in my 9 hole work league. I played great. Took a double on #1 and ended up with a 38. Not that score matters as it's a match play. But we do have handicaps for stroke purposes.

I played 2 guys, Tolson & Richardson, since Richardson isn't gonna be there this week. Tolson had to give me a stroke and I had to give Richardson one but I took that hole outright from both of them. Beat Tolson 3-2 and Richardson 7-1 as he was awful that day. First round for him in about a month.

Gonna try and play someone tonight but figure I'll just be playing for practice. Got a 9:30 tee time at Independence Friday. Never played there and am looking forward to it.

8. The Following User High Fived In-com-plete For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Got some tix to the Memorial this year! Hopefully, ol' Tiger's knee will restructure itself and I'll get to see him play at Muirfield this year. Phil, Vijay, and the bunch will be there, too, but we know what the main attraction is...
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

I watch and play golf badly.

When I watch, and he's out there... I'm a complete Tiger homer, but I have my other favorites as well. I've been a big Anthony Kim fan since about this time last year and he proved me right this last week. Awesome.

Played for the first time yesterday. Sucked badly... got double or worse on everything until the 9th hole... got a par.

*shrug*

Keeps me going back...

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    My cousin is a golfer (JJ Henry).
    I mainly only watch golf because of him or if I'm really bored.
    Really?

That's pretty cool, JC!

11. The Following User High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Shot a 43 last night. Struggled out the gate going double, bogey, double. Couldn't putt the entire night. I 3 putt #1, #2, #5, & #9. Three 3 putt boges.

But, I did win my match. Good thing the guy I played carries a 2 handicap and I carry a 4. Had to give me 2 strokes (a stroke on 2 holes) and I beat him 4-3. But he had an extremely off night. He'll top 40 about once every year in this league.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Shot a 43 last night. Struggled out the gate going double, bogey, double. Couldn't putt the entire night. I 3 putt #1, #2, #5, & #9. Three 3 putt boges.

But, I did win my match. Good thing the guy I played carries a 2 handicap and I carry a 4. Had to give me 2 strokes (a stroke on 2 holes) and I beat him 4-3. But he had an extremely off night. He'll top 40 about once every year in this league.
    That sounds like a fun league In...

I'm bad...still haven't got out this year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    That sounds like a fun league In...

I'm bad...still haven't got out this year.
    It's a blast. You have a couple/few ****** that can't stand to lose and a couple/few that'll cheat. Never really understood that. You made a double, I made par. So why do you want a bogey put down? You know it's just hurting you in the long run since we keep handicaps right? I'd probably have to give you a stroke or 2 more if you kept your actual score.

But that doesn't happen in the flight I'm in now. The guys are either better than me or right there with me. We have a 1 handicap, a 2 handicap, two 6 handicap guys, and there's 4 of us sitting at 4 right now.

The first couple years I was in it I was in the second flight with a 7-9 handicap and playing alot of guys at 9-12. It's impossible to win matches when you're giving a stroke on 3 or 4 holes. Actually, the year before last I dropped down to a 6 handicap and I played this guy carrying a 12. You know how shitty it is to shoot a 41, watch your opponent drop a 48 or 49 and lose 3-1?

I say that, but I'd rather shoot a 41 and lose than drop a 48 and win. That's why golf is so great. No matter if you're in a tournament, a league, with friends, or by yourself. You're alway competing.....against yourself.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived In-com-plete For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yes! Boss came in about an hour ago and said...let's slip out of here and get nine in this afternoon...

Boo Ya!

Later folks!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

It's a blast. You have a couple/few ****** that can't stand to lose and a couple/few that'll cheat. Never really understood that. You made a double, I made par. So why do you want a bogey put down? You know it's just hurting you in the long run since we keep handicaps right? I'd probably have to give you a stroke or 2 more if you kept your actual score.

But that doesn't happen in the flight I'm in now. The guys are either better than me or right there with me. We have a 1 handicap, a 2 handicap, two 6 handicap guys, and there's 4 of us sitting at 4 right now.

The first couple years I was in it I was in the second flight with a 7-9 handicap and playing alot of guys at 9-12. It's impossible to win matches when you're giving a stroke on 3 or 4 holes. Actually, the year before last I dropped down to a 6 handicap and I played this guy carrying a 12. You know how shitty it is to shoot a 41, watch your opponent drop a 48 or 49 and lose 3-1?

I say that, but I'd rather shoot a 41 and lose than drop a 48 and win. That's why golf is so great. No matter if you're in a tournament, a league, with friends, or by yourself. You're alway competing.....against yourself.

Damn dude - props - good scores!!!!!

I was super duper happy last week when i shot a 108 (with a foot wedge or two not counted - lol) but the course is super easy - although its a par 5 - i play with a 15 handicapper and he shot a 78 and wasnt even trying cause when he takes me and/or his son he goes to teach more than to play and yeah he just loves it

I'd be freakin psyched if i shot in the 90's on a regular basis (and not on par 3 courses either )
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Yes! Boss came in about an hour ago and said...let's slip out of here and get nine in this afternoon...

Boo Ya!

Later folks!
    You suck

More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Boo Ya!

Later folks!
    damn I wish I were going, I went once this year in Puerto Rico and it feels like I wont go again for a long while

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information