Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I want it known that I made that post before hearing Menafi (sp?) and I did not hear Gus Johnson tonight. Watching baseball.
    Gus is not on the broadcast... I was talking about how they took a perfectly good football/basketball announcer and turned him into a terrible soccer announcer. Charles Davis is an awesome football analyst, and a terrible golf interviewer. Speaking of Curt...

Stephen Hennessey ‏@S_HennesseyGD 9h9 hours ago

Fox’s Curt Menefee bringing the HOT-TAKE TRAIN in the “studio.” "This thing isn’t over by far." Half the field hasn’t teed off yet!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Gus is not on the broadcast... I was talking about how they took a perfectly good football/basketball announcer and turned him into a terrible soccer announcer. Charles Davis is an awesome football analyst, and a terrible golf interviewer. Speaking of Curt...
    The ended the Gus Johnson soccer debacle. College football and basketball strictly for him now. Why they haven't put him on Fox NFL is kind of baffling.

Menafee is brutal, even on football.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bubba hit one into the rough behind a tree, walked up to his ball and a fan yelled out "four iron under the trees."

Instead, Bubba hit a sand wedge over the tree to four feet, turned around and said, "Who said I should hit that four-iron punch?"
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Golfed yesterday with the enlarged golf cup on every green. Totally sucked. It is not a cup anymore, its a bucket. Apparently this is a newfangled way to get more people interested in playing golf. That thing is so huge that you never have to pull out the flag. Im not sure what the hell they were thinking. Anyone know what the hell is up with this?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Golfed yesterday with the enlarged golf cup on every green. Totally sucked. It is not a cup anymore, its a bucket. Apparently this is a newfangled way to get more people interested in playing golf. That thing is so huge that you never have to pull out the flag. Im not sure what the hell they were thinking. Anyone know what the hell is up with this?
    Sounds like another example of the "everyone's a winner" mindset in society today.

Having said that, I can see why they'd do it. The golf industry is getting hit hard right now, and they are probably trying anything to get more interest in the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Never heard of it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Yes, heres what I was able to find on this. I took a picture of it because I couldnt believe what I was seeing. It was a municipal course. It was kind of like, here you go, whether you like it or not, say hello to the new way of golf. It did not feel right at all .I dont know if its permanent or not but it looked pretty damn permanent of course they can change greens pretty easy.
    Coming to a course near you
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/larryolm...4/04/15/10890/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No thanks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

It could have the opposite effect on people who have been playing golf for a while. It takes some of the fun out of golf when you are putting into a crater. Maybe its going to appeal to beginners, but it could drive away seasoned players

LMAO I've seen that before but I didn't think they actually started using them. That is one of the absolute stupidest things I have ever seen, 15" holes? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Im thinking of calling that golf course and telling them I wont be back until they go back to the old cup

12. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Im thinking of calling that golf course and telling them I wont be back until they go back to the old cup
    at least give people the option and have the cup be changable, that wouldnt be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Who do we like to win the Open Championship this week?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Who do we like to win the Open Championship this week?
    Jordan Spieth until he doesn't win one.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Jordan Spieth until he doesn't win one.
    I agree, but I'm a little worried about his fatigue/jet lag after playing in and winning the John Deere this weekend. Most of the top players were already over in Europe. Dustin Johnson is bound to win one sooner or later. I also really like Louis Oosthuizen.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information