Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Wow - MO good advice - I will definitely try that next time - thanks

I usually come up way short or hit it way past - I will end up making 2 or 3 decent chip shots (luck I am sure) on to the green during a round but if I am even close to the green i usually just putt it if possible (ex Mr 420 taught me to putt it on with my 7 iron) whatever gets it in the hole - right
    chipping is hard because it's not practiced enough. Everyone likes going to the range and hitting 50 balls with their driver when they should be practicing their approach and their putting.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

2. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    that is not expensive... that is damn cheap! Cheapest course around here is 40 plus cart, normally pay around 50-75 plus cart.
    Not at all. That's just what i pay at the course i play. There are some that are pricier in the $40+ range.

4. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    chipping is hard because it's not practiced enough. Everyone likes going to the range and hitting 50 balls with their driver when they should be practicing their approach and their putting.
    That is SO me
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Robert Allenby said to be kidnapped

PGA Tour player Robert Allenby said he was kidnapped Friday night after missing the cut at the Sony Open in Hawaii, according to a broadcast report.

Allenby's caddie, Michael "Mick" Middlemo, told the Golf Channel that the 43-year-old, four-time PGA Tour winner spent Friday night at a wine bar in Waikiki when he was abducted, placed in a car, beaten up and driven 6½ miles away.

According to the report, Allenby said he was robbed of all his cash, credit cards and cell phone. The Golf Channel showed a photo of Allenby that it said he took himself that showed a large scrape above his swollen left eye as well as scratches on his nose.
    rest - plus picture - http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/1...dnapped-beaten

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

I started golf this year on Father's Day. Got addicted quick. Can't wait to play again. We are supposed to have 40-50 degree weather all week so the snow will finally melt. Toward the end of the year I improved alot. I broke 100 and shortly after broke 90 with a couple of rounds in the high 80s. This was in 40 degree wet weather so I can't wait for warm dry days I feel I can play even better. It is hard to get you iron distances down in the cold because the air is so much more dense. My last five round I averaged 90. If I can get to the point of shooting in the 80s consistently I will be happy. My worst part of my game right now is putting. I average around 40 putts per round. The best I ever did putting was 36. So hopefully that will come with time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rapey Lonnie

Got my wife in it too we bought a joint membership. She won't go in the cold though. But she is going to do a womens league. Can't believe I didn't try it out sooner.

been looking at getting a net for in the house. Thinking of getting this one... http://www.thenetreturn.com/collecti...runner-package

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Rory, Brady, Mannings work out

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Rory McIlroy took a fun trip to Augusta National last week to play golf with his dad for two days, but he still found his way to the gym early one morning -- only to be joined by Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks Tom Brady and Peyton and Eli Manning.

"Friday morning, I got in the gym about 6,'' McIlroy said Wednesday after his pro-am at the Bay Hill Club, where he will play the Arnold Palmer Invitational for the first time starting Thursday. "Brady walked in at 6:15, and the Mannings walked in at 6:30. That was my time to leave.''

The No. 1-ranked golfer in the world said he was impressed to see the players put in that effort despite being in their offseason and trying to enjoy themselves at the home of the Masters. As an invited player to the tournament, McIlroy has unlimited access to Augusta National. The others were guests of Augusta National members.

"I was just surprised he [Brady] was in there; the Mannings, too. It's their offseason. It was to see all those guys in the gym before their season starts. They're so dedicated and committed to what they do, especially those two guys, Peyton and Tom, they're both in their mid-30s and they want to prolong their careers as much as they can.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/golf/masters15/st...gusta-national

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Shot a 48 on the front nine of my favorite area course today. Not bad considering how much I've played the last three years.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Mo, you still have a chance at the tour!

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/12/go...-lyoness-open/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm not sure I've ever taken a 17 on a hole. Damn. I was pissed off about the snowman on the first par five today. Put my third behind a tree and hit a terrible shot trying to go under it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

all I know is there would be a broken club laying somewhere if I hit a 17 on one hole LOL

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This course is cool and Fox is doing alright for never having broadcast golf before.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This course is cool and Fox is doing alright for never having broadcast golf before.
    The course is really cool - I like the train going by with the water and hills.

The broadcast itself is interesting - having a bunch of football guys trying to do a golf broadcast isn't really going over that well. What is with Fox Sports trying to repurpose their talent ineffectively? They totally ruined Gus Johnson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The course is really cool - I like the train going by with the water and hills.

The broadcast itself is interesting - having a bunch of football guys trying to do a golf broadcast isn't really going over that well. What is with Fox Sports trying to repurpose their talent ineffectively? They totally ruined Gus Johnson.
    I want it known that I made that post before hearing Menafi (sp?) and I did not hear Gus Johnson tonight. Watching baseball.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information