Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Have you ever played nut? I use to think the same way till i got out on the course for the first time and though i played like crap i was hooked. Just something about being out on the course for me.
    I have, it's been a while, and I can see where one would really get into it, it's relaxing, clears the mind, etc. I was kinda bad, but... I would like to get out there again sometime. seems so friggen damn expensive though. I know everything is, but still. ....

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    so your short game kinda sucks huh?
    Very much so
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Very much so
    what is it lacking?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I cant chip or hit out of the sand so I either need to make it on the green (or very close fringe) Or leave 75+ yards on my approach shot

I just have a hard time holding back and doing 1/2 swings (or 3/4 -or whatever)

I cant chip or hit out of the sand so I either need to make it on the green (or very close fringe) Or leave 75+ yards on my approach shot

have you considered another sport or hobby? no, just kidding. I'm going to assume you know your irons and pick them well, what is happening when you chip, are you going past the green or coming up short of?

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's something I actually am fairly good at. Think of it like throwing the golf ball underhand towards the hole. The amount in which your arm would swing to get it to the hole is the exact distance your club should cover in the swing arc.

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

OB

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That's something I actually am fairly good at. Think of it like throwing the golf ball underhand towards the hole. The amount in which your arm would swing to get it to the hole is the exact distance your club should cover in the swing arc.
    that's part of it, maybe, but it sounds to me like she's not following through and really exploiting the face of the iron, if that makes any sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

OB, don't listen to nut.

OB, don't listen to nut.
    omg, you just had to go there. Notice I didn't poo poo everything you said, just considered something else in addition, but no, you have to take everything personal and completely overreact like the dick that you are.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have, it's been a while, and I can see where one would really get into it, it's relaxing, clears the mind, etc. I was kinda bad, but... I would like to get out there again sometime. seems so friggen damn expensive though. I know everything is, but still. ....
    Yeah it can be pretty expensive. The course i usually play at is $30 w/cart to play 18. It's a good course, well kept up. Freaking goose shit everywhere though. The canadian geese are everywhere around here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Wow - MO good advice - I will definitely try that next time - thanks

I usually come up way short or hit it way past - I will end up making 2 or 3 decent chip shots (luck I am sure) on to the green during a round but if I am even close to the green i usually just putt it if possible (ex Mr 420 taught me to putt it on with my 7 iron) whatever gets it in the hole - right

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

that's part of it, maybe, but it sounds to me like she's not following through and really exploiting the face of the iron, if that makes any sense.
    Follow through is part of the problem sometimes - because I am only doing a half swing back i sometimes only go halfway through the follow through swing

Lets just say its not pretty

And as bad as I suck I will always play - its a fun game when you are playing with people of your own skill level, it only sucks when you play with a bunch of good people and hold them up - I cant handle that kind of pressure and end up quitting

15. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Come on, Rickie!

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Follow through is part of the problem sometimes - because I am only doing a half swing back i sometimes only go halfway through the follow through swing

Lets just say its not pretty

And as bad as I suck I will always play - its a fun game when you are playing with people of your own skill level, it only sucks when you play with a bunch of good people and hold them up - I cant handle that kind of pressure and end up quitting
    I hate holding people up so sometimes I won't finish a hole. I like playing behind a large group that way I'm never pressured
    Free Hotcarl!

19. The Following User High Fived Pudge For This Post:

OB

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Yeah it can be pretty expensive. The course i usually play at is $30 w/cart to play 18. It's a good course, well kept up. Freaking goose shit everywhere though. The canadian geese are everywhere around here.
    that is not expensive... that is damn cheap! Cheapest course around here is 40 plus cart, normally pay around 50-75 plus cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information