Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yeppers, except for the chip in eagle.
    I feel like Jim Nance right now, but that was definitely the shot I'll remember if he wins.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nevermind...wow...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

That was a heck of a shot. Guys only won one PGA event up to this point. Big time pressure shot.

Tiger deep in the rough, so he will need a miracle chip.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Biggest choke job of Tiger's career. Couldn't hit a putt longer than 5 feet all day. He played WAY to damn conservative over the last 2 rounds and it finally caught up to him. Yang played well and was definitely the deserving player but Tiger should have smoked him. I am very disappointed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

I'm glad someone other than Tiger won it. Tiger is a hell of a golf player, but I just get so sick of hearing his name. Tiger this Tiger that, blah blah blah. Tiger...take a round off, it's high time someone else got the spotlight for a change.

Congrats to Y.E. Yang on his PGA Championship win.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    I'm glad someone other than Tiger won it. Tiger is a hell of a golf player, but I just get so sick of hearing his name. Tiger this Tiger that, blah blah blah. Tiger...take a round off, it's high time someone else got the spotlight for a change.

Um, seeing as the last 5 majors had been won by Paidrig Harrington (x2), Angel Cabrera, Lucas Glover, and Stewart Cink, I would say he has done a damn fine job of sharing the spotlight and it was his turn to win another one today. Too bad he didn't cash in.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post

I suggest you pay attention a little more before making comments (seems to be a theme). Tiger has won only 5 tournaments this year, no majors, and six straight majors have gone by without him winning.

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

His (Yang's) shot on 18 was un-friggin-believable. That shot blew my mind. YE's probably the best player to ever play in the same group with Tiger and perform with that Tiger crowd.

Still, Tiger seemed a little out of it... kind of like when he came in second at the US Open at Pinehurst a few years ago... everything was just that much off. Every one of his putts just skimmed the outside of the hole. His approach shots just missed the fringe and then buried in the rough. He was off on the last round, and some of his club selections were just a little off. But he's still doing well considering he was working on walking again at this point last year.

I think that some of the people in the PGA are gonna be scared at Augusta next year. Tiger'll be back.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    I think that some of the people in the PGA are gonna be scared at Augusta next year. Tiger'll be back.
    But that's what everyone thought at the PGA...when he led for three rounds.

Tiger needs to retool the swing...hire a new coach...do something different...he's losing his edge...

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    But that's what everyone thought at the PGA...when he led for three rounds.

Tiger needs to retool the swing...hire a new coach...do something different...he's losing his edge...
    It's the nature of golf, his putts weren't dropping, he was a 'little' off on his approach shots. He has been much more accurate on his tee shots, and if he had dropped putts like he normally does, he would have walked away.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's the nature of golf, his putts weren't dropping, he was a 'little' off on his approach shots. He has been much more accurate on his tee shots, and if he had dropped putts like he normally does, he would have walked away.
    It's not the nature of Tiger.

He's been off. He needs to do something. What it is, I don't know. But he needs to start with the putting.

I never thought I'd see the day where some unheralded dude stared down Tiger and won.

That's like staring down Doc Holliday at high noon.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    It's not the nature of Tiger.

He's been off. He needs to do something. What it is, I don't know. But he needs to start with the putting.

I never thought I'd see the day where some unheralded dude stared down Tiger and won.

That's like staring down Doc Holliday at high noon.
    The surprising thing is that in his last two tourneys I think he had only missed 1 or 2 putts under 10 feet the whole time. His putter was on fire until this week and it just flat out died today.

Again, it's the nature of golf. It's also the nature of a golfer getting older. The first thing to go is the putting, even the great ones.

However, I don't think we are their with Tiger. He had a couple shots that took bad bounces and wound up in deep green side rough, and he missed a few putts. He's had plenty of rounds like this before. The difference is, that typically whoever he is playing with folds worse -- they always show the high scoring average of the guys paired with Tiger, especially in the final round.

hell I'd love to be that "off" in my game..

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    hell I'd love to be that "off" in my game..
    Me, too.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information