Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Got to play 9 holes last week. Hit my divers and irons pretty well but my short game is shite.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

2. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

I haven't played since September or so, because I have been trying to rehab a severely strained groin. Hope to start playing again next month.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

My drives would be a cozy 250 yds if they didn't curve 50 yards left and/or right.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    My drives would be a cozy 250 yds if they didn't curve 50 yards left and/or right.
    I was hitting a pretty consistent 225-240 yesterday in the fairway...I have a slice, but the more I play, the more I can control it. Stupid second shots. The fairways were soaked to shit, and I was dipping my shoulder trying to get more distance (not good)...and I couldn't hit a second shot, or a chip...to save my life.

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

shot an 87 at San Juan Hills GC saturday. My putter was off a little or it could have been one of those epic days.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived horsesense For This Post:

You guys watch golf? That's almost as much fun as watching paint dry.

Golf is to be played, not watched.
    This space available for lease.

11. The Following User High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    You guys watch golf? That's almost as much fun as watching paint dry.

Golf is to be played, not watched.
    T.V. does'nt do it justice really. I use to be the same way till i went to a Heritage tournament at Hilton Head many moons ago. After that, i actually looked forward to watching some on the weekends. Ever been to a tourney?

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    T.V. does'nt do it justice really. I use to be the same way till i went to a Heritage tournament at Hilton Head many moons ago. After that, i actually looked forward to watching some on the weekends. Ever been to a tourney?
    Yeah, I was about to say exactly what Skinny said; you really don't truly appreciate the scale to which they play if you haven't seen it live first. Some of these holes are so painstakingly difficult and have so many slopes, such deep roughs, and such creative hole design and obstacles... even an HDTV can't capture the magnitude that these courses take to ensure players don't score well. And they still do. These guys make miracle shots over and over again, and they have to keep making those shots to win, easy as that. Winners of these tournaments ravish these courses that we wouldn't even have a strategy when playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    Yeah, I was about to say exactly what Skinny said; you really don't truly appreciate the scale to which they play if you haven't seen it live first. Some of these holes are so painstakingly difficult and have so many slopes, such deep roughs, and such creative hole design and obstacles... even an HDTV can't capture the magnitude that these courses take to ensure players don't score well. And they still do. These guys make miracle shots over and over again, and they have to keep making those shots to win, easy as that. Winners of these tournaments ravish these courses that we wouldn't even have a strategy when playing.

Okay, that's fair. I haven't seen a live game. Well, a game where people are getting paid to golf. I've seen plenty of bad games - mine included.

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    Okay, that's fair. I haven't seen a live game. Well, a game where people are getting paid to golf. I've seen plenty of bad games - mine included.
    I hear that, I've been struggling with my game as of late. Need to get more consistant. On a side note though, it really does help seeing them live. The magnitude of it hits you when you are there. I hope to be able to watch the US Open at Pebble Beach someday. That place is my dream course.
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived drewloc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Anyone watching the Players today?

Mr. G and I got to play golf on some Cancun resort course. It was humid and then turned to raining gatos and perros. We made it to the 14th hole, then had to call it a day. A lot of people didn't make it past the clubhouse at the 9th hole because of the open bar on and off the course. They were very amusing on the ride back to the hotel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Greatest hole in golf. Pure awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Greatest hole in golf. Pure awesomeness.
    what is the greatest hole in golf?

dumb question, but um.. is par the same for every course? And also is hole 3 always a par 3 or whatever, wherever you go?

thanks

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    what is the greatest hole in golf?

dumb question, but um.. is par the same for every course? And also is hole 3 always a par 3 or whatever, wherever you go?

thanks
    Are you watching the Players Championship nut?

The 17th at TPC Sawgrass is an island green, and the drama is awesome.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information