Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raiders in hot pursuit of QB Mc

Default Raiders in hot pursuit of QB Mc

Raiders in hot pursuit of QB McNabb
    By The Denver Post
    POSTED: 03/29/2010 05:18:44 PM MDT
    UPDATED: 03/29/2010 05:35:01 PM MDT

Philadelphia stalwart Donovan McNabb will wear the black and silver of the Oakland Raiders next season if the teams can finalize a deal that is nearly in place, according to ESPN.

The Raiders are the leading contender to trade for the Eagles quarterback, ESPN said citing league sources.

The Associated Press reported last week that Philadelphia wanted a first-round or high second-round pick for McNabb. The Raiders have a 39th pick in the upcoming draft.

Oakland may be ready to admit its No. 1 overall pick of JaMarcus Russell has been a bust. Russell, drafted in 2007, signed a six-year, $68 million deal, but has not emerged as a solid starting quarterback.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/br...#ixzz0jdgwkswG

this could be a real problem for DEN the faiders have a decent team with some great talent. WHat has been holding them back the past couple of years has been QB and Coach and then there is the owner.

But fixing the QB slot may cause a lot of things to fall into place.,

2. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

donovan as raider = loss of respect for donovan. money grubbing hoes.

shank's dumb, but not re4ally
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I wouldnt blame McNabb going for money but his career would downspiral in a hurry going to Oakland. But the most hilarious thing would be waiting for Oaklandraider to tells us why the Faid let go of a HOF Qb in Russell. lmao

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

Love mcnabb, would hate to see this happen but the probability increases daily. This was a topic in passing last week and only a weeks later is all but solidly falling into place.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I wouldnt blame McNabb going for money but his career would downspiral in a hurry going to Oakland. But the most hilarious thing would be waiting for Oaklandraider to tells us why the Faid let go of a HOF Qb in Russell. lmao
    Do you think OR would come back? He has a whole lot of crow to eat.
    Thanks Shake!

7. The Following User High Fived Dirk For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

For the life of me, I still dont understand why more teams arent involved in this. A veteran QB...who is a proven top 10 QB...is younger than Peyton Manning...is available on the market and the Raiders have the best offer? Where are the 49ers? They could give up a pick(s) and still have two first rounders. Think adding McNabb and 2 young players of need wont help catapult this team?

Sometimes, I just dont get what teams are thinking...or not thinking. Nevertheless, McNabb to the Raiders is scary. They're a team that could be very good if they just added a few more pieces wisely. Add McNabb and some OL help and they could easily be a better team than Denver this year

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Just heard Clayton say this is just a 20% chance.

This is not DM idea but he is owed 5.2 million roster bonus in mid may.
    So that seems to be the moving force.

He only has one year left on his contract so this would be a one year rental till he is an UFA.

There seems to be some interest in him going to MIN after his one year in Purgatory. By then Farve will be one and done IF he comes back.

All of this sounds do able IF al spends a lot to get him. Even al is not that stupid. Or is he. 5.2, a draft choice and his salary for a one year guy.

But of course DM might sign a long term contract extension. But I do not think he is dumb enough to do that.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    For the life of me, I still dont understand why more teams arent involved in this. A veteran QB...who is a proven top 10 QB...is younger than Peyton Manning...is available on the market and the Raiders have the best offer? Where are the 49ers? They could give up a pick(s) and still have two first rounders. Think adding McNabb and 2 young players of need wont help catapult this team?

Sometimes, I just dont get what teams are thinking...or not thinking. Nevertheless, McNabb to the Raiders is scary. They're a team that could be very good if they just added a few more pieces wisely. Add McNabb and some OL help and they could easily be a better team than Denver this year
    If McNab goes to the raiders we become the 3rd best team in the AFCW IMO.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    If McNab goes to the raiders we become the 3rd best team in the AFCW IMO.
    Almost. If they get McNabb and help the OL via the draft...then maybe

Default 13 possible destinations for McNabb.

Denver

Why should the Broncos be pursuing McNabb? We can think of two reasons.

Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn.

Though it would make the team better, trading for a franchise quarterback a year after trading one away would look a little odd, but if they can get McNabb for far less than the two first-round picks that the Bears coughed up for Jay Cutler, the Broncos could hold their heads high, for a change.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/arti...e-destinations

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Denver

Why should the Broncos be pursuing McNabb? We can think of two reasons.

Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn.

Though it would make the team better, trading for a franchise quarterback a year after trading one away would look a little odd, but if they can get McNabb for far less than the two first-round picks that the Bears coughed up for Jay Cutler, the Broncos could hold their heads high, for a change.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/arti...e-destinations
    Never happen. If we had two 2nd round picks, then maybe, but it totally doesnt make sense.

Not to mention...I dont recall trading away a franchise QB last year

15. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Never happen. If we had two 2nd round picks, then maybe, but it totally doesnt make sense.

Not to mention...I dont recall trading away a franchise QB last year
    You'll see Coach, you'll see.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

I hope that McNabb doesn't end up there. I want the Faiders to start Russell all 16 games so that the Patriots get a top 5 pick, and possibly the top pick, in next year's draft when there will hopefully be a rookie salary cap or scale.

Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

McNabb would be a good move for the Raiders, they were better than us with Frye and Russell, they would be even better with McNabb.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    You'll see Coach, you'll see.
    Perhaps...but until it's earned...I'm not ready to give him that title just yet. By that standard, Matt Stafford is already a franchise QB

21. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information