Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The fall of the mighty Denver Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Sorry, I gave at the office.

Default The fall of the mighty Denver Broncos

After dominating the NFL for years the mighty Denver Broncos are really starting to fall apart. Gone are their great leaders from the past like Elway, and TD , now they face the uncertain future without Al Wilson, without out Trever Price, without Gerald Warren. Big deal some might think. Look at who Denver picked up during the off season. Henry, Daniels, Bly, three rookie D-linemen and Jay Cutler has five starts under his belt. Things must be looking up? I don't think so people. Henry is hurt. The D-line has been weak to this point and the team was worked by Dallas and the Browns. The skill players are doing the best they can with the lines in front of them. The lines are the problem and that will be Denver's down fall.

The O-line is weak at best to this point. Against Dallas poor Jay had a QB rating of 65. That falls squarely on the O-line. I do not hold Jay responsible for that performance. The O-line was pathetic.

The Dline has not covered the LBers very well and is having trouble adapting to the new D scheme.

The foundations are weak on both sides of the ball for Denver. Leaving the skill positions exposed and struggling. Now I realize this is just preseason but the lack of improvement when first string is against first string speaks volumes. Denver fans could be in for a rude shock opening day.

If you think I am wrong then please explain yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by sanluis View Post

I think you're right on the money!!

Going after slugs like Big Daddy and Sam Adams is proof Denver is desperate for anything!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post

Going after slugs like Big Daddy and Sam Adams is proof Denver is desperate for anything!
    Bates scheme seems wrong for Denver. They are struggling to execute it and Adams is way too slow. What a waste of a roster spot!! They would be better served to just start the rookies IMO.

After dominating the NFL for years the mighty Denver Broncos are really starting to fall apart. Gone are their great leaders from the past like Elway, and TD , now they face the uncertain future without Al Wilson, without out Trever Price, without Gerald Warren. Big deal some might think. Look at who Denver picked up during the off season. Henry, Daniels, Bly, three rookie D-linemen and Jay Cutler has five starts under his belt. Things must be looking up? I don't think so people. Henry is hurt. The D-line has been weak to this point and the team was worked by Dallas and the Browns. The skill players are doing the best they can with the lines in front of them. The lines are the problem and that will be Denver's down fall.

The O-line is weak at best to this point. Against Dallas poor Jay had a QB rating of 65. That falls squarely on the O-line. I do not hold Jay responsible for that performance. The O-line was pathetic.

The Dline has not covered the LBers very well and is having trouble adapting to the new D scheme.

The foundations are weak on both sides of the ball for Denver. Leaving the skill positions exposed and struggling. Now I realize this is just preseason but the lack of improvement when first string is against first string speaks volumes. Denver fans could be in for a rude shock opening day.

lets see...i could act like the charger board and have you banned for doing this...but we are not like the chargers

well for one...pryce was gone last season as well as CB who was injured

as for cutler in dallas, you might recall we had significant injuries at oline, lepsis played with a groin pull, and the starting rg was out, we also had to convert a TE to backup ot for the game. you might also recall dallas came in with a blitz package that resembled a playoff game in intensity

stokely didnt play and sheffler and marshell were both comeing in for the first time after injuries kept them out of training camp

as for henry, he will be a great back in the denver system, and is back at practise already
    grahm will be what he is supposed to be, a great blocking TE who will occassionaly slip out and catch a pass

as for rookie dline men they are backups, losing EE hurt but only pushed 2nd year man dummervill up to the position after 8.5 sacks last year as a situational player, combined with the other starter engleburger

true the defense is slowly adjusting to a new scheme, as is DJ but their physical abilities will get us threw the rough spots until they gell

but why be concerned about the broncos...you should be concerned with your own starting defense that allowed AZ to march up and down the field at will...makeing scoreing on the chargers look easy

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

You sound very hopeful, SanLuis. In fact, you hope against hope.

You failed to mention (maybe you didn't know) that our starting LG did not
    play, and our starting LT was rusty from inactivity, PLUS playing with an
    injured groin, which he had previously admitted was hurting his mobility.
    The right side has not yet jelled, although we are very talented at RG, with
    Holland and Kuper there. (The only position that worries me at the moment
    is RT.)

You want to talk about the DL? Fine . . . it has me concerned, too, at least
    at DT (DE is developing into a strength). But when you pick on the OL, you
    seriously err. With Nalen, Hamilton, Lepsis, and Holland/Kuper, it will again
    be one of the best lines in the league, once it jells.

Were I you, a dolts fan , I would be worried sick about my defensive
    backfield. From the way Leinart tore you apart, you really do have issues
    back there.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post

You are demonstrating your lack of knowledge of the Broncos, my friend.

I have heard and read more than one comment about Adams' surprising speed.
    Guess you don't have a clue that Adams has been to the Pro Bowl? The
    position beside him concerns me right now and the depth behind Adams, but
    not Adams.

It'll all come together long before the playoffs, at which time we will be
    waiting for you.

-----

This from the fan of a team that had multiple turnovers and had to get into a shootout with the lowly AZ Cardinals to pull out a win.

Yeah, I'm REEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL worried about what you posted.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

without Gerald Warren. Big deal some might think.
    Not a big deal whatsoever in losing Warren. Aside from top, I don't think anyone in Denver will really miss him. I can't stand the guy - I never could stand the guy. Well, alright, let me rephrase that. When he was drafted I was happy. But he quickly showed his true colors. He was lazy and loved living the extravagant lifestyle as a big spender. What once was a promising coupling of Courtney Brown and Gerard Warren quickly went south when Brown kept getting injured (I liked him and still like him) and Warren just let himself go.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Rocks View Post
    Not a big deal whatsoever in losing Warren. Aside from top, I don't think anyone in Denver will really miss him. I can't stand the guy - I never could stand the guy. Well, alright, let me rephrase that. When he was drafted I was happy. But he quickly showed his true colors. He was lazy and loved living the extravagant lifestyle as a big spender. What once was a promising coupling of Courtney Brown and Gerard Warren quickly went south when Brown kept getting injured (I liked him and still like him) and Warren just let himself go.
    I'm not going to miss Warren. If the coaches let him go for peanuts, then they
    are the ones who were out there on the field with him every day, not I.

I know I advocated for Warren, but only to say let's see what he can do,
    once his toes are healed. Well, we saw . . . or rather the coaches saw . . .
    and it was not good enough, apparently.

What is good enough for me, then, is the coaches' opinions. *shrugs*

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    You are demonstrating your lack of knowledge of the Broncos, my friend.

I have heard and read more than one comment about Adams' surprising speed.
    Guess you don't have a clue that Adams has been to the Pro Bowl? The
    position beside him concerns me right now and the depth behind Adams, but
    not Adams.

It'll all come together long before the playoffs, at which time we will be
    waiting for you.

-----
    Don't be too unconcerned about Adams... I was the same way last season, and look how he did for us. He was, emphasis on the was, a great DT, but now he has become an average-good DT... if he is lucky. For your sake I hope he does better than he did for us, but I wouldn't expect too much.

Gnomeflinger was the first to use the correct number of A's in my username.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    You sound very hopeful, SanLuis. In fact, you hope against hope.

You failed to mention (maybe you didn't know) that our starting LG did not
    play, and our starting LT was rusty from inactivity, PLUS playing with an
    injured groin, which he had previously admitted was hurting his mobility.
    The right side has not yet jelled, although we are very talented at RG, with
    Holland and Kuper there. (The only position that worries me at the moment
    is RT.)

You want to talk about the DL? Fine . . . it has me concerned, too, at least
    at DT (DE is developing into a strength). But when you pick on the OL, you
    seriously err. With Nalen, Hamilton, Lepsis, and Holland/Kuper, it will again
    be one of the best lines in the league, once it jells.

Were I you, a dolts fan , I would be worried sick about my defensive
    backfield. From the way Leinart tore you apart, you really do have issues
    back there.

-----
    Matt claims he is 100%. So his groin isn't the reason for him being rusty.

Lepsis also played Saturday against Cleveland,
    Broncos left tackle Matt Lepsis, who gimped through the off-season after reconstructive knee surgery and limped through the preseason with a groin strain, says he is now 100 percent healthy and ready to go
    So that is good. And that is the only bright spot on your O-line. And don't expect that rust to be gone by the start of the season. Most teams don't use their starts in the final preseason game. That might not be the case for Denver as they had such a poor effort against a very strong Browns team. Actually, it was two poor efforts in a row counting the Dallas butt kicking. Dallas and the Browns are both ascending teams and Denver is not. Denver's olines best days are in it's past. It has no depth and that can be a huge problem as well.

As for AZ they are looking very good on offense. They have talent at every position on that side of the ball and one of the best set of skill players at the wide outs going into the season. They played great and it was a good test for us heading into the season. This week we play the 9ers and we should rest most the starters after the first series. Giving the young guys a chance to make the team. Rivers, Volek and V. Jackson have had a very good preseason. Eliminating turnovers and penalties will be the focus going into our first game with the Bears. We also need to tighten up our kick coverage.

I know this is the preseason and things will change once the bullets are real. Still Denver is looking like a 8-8 team heading into the season. And that is if everyone stays healthy and the D starts to execute Bates scheme a lot better.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    lets see...i could act like the charger board and have you banned for doing this...but we are not like the chargers

well for one...pryce was gone last season as well as CB who was injured

as for cutler in dallas, you might recall we had significant injuries at oline, lepsis played with a groin pull, and the starting rg was out, we also had to convert a TE to backup ot for the game. you might also recall dallas came in with a blitz package that resembled a playoff game in intensity

stokely didnt play and sheffler and marshell were both comeing in for the first time after injuries kept them out of training camp

as for henry, he will be a great back in the denver system, and is back at practise already
    grahm will be what he is supposed to be, a great blocking TE who will occassionaly slip out and catch a pass

as for rookie dline men they are backups, losing EE hurt but only pushed 2nd year man dummervill up to the position after 8.5 sacks last year as a situational player, combined with the other starter engleburger

true the defense is slowly adjusting to a new scheme, as is DJ but their physical abilities will get us threw the rough spots until they gell

but why be concerned about the broncos...you should be concerned with your own starting defense that allowed AZ to march up and down the field at will...makeing scoreing on the chargers look easy
    I for one am sorry to see you banned. It can get boring over there without some rival fans around.

Your words about the oline highlight Denver's lack of depth.

The weakness up front will require Daniels to say back in protection I agree.

The D should get better with time as they become more accustom to Bates new scheme.

AZ is a dam good team. They are fast and make you pay big time if you make a mistake. Still our vanilla D was able to force them into turning the ball over 4 times and we cut our penalties down to just two for the whole game.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    This from the fan of a team that had multiple turnovers and had to get into a shootout with the lowly AZ Cardinals to pull out a win.

Yeah, I'm REEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLL worried about what you posted.

A word smith like you and this is all you can come up with?!

Could it be that you are worried about your boy Jay because of the five matadors blocking for him? Jay is used to that from college so he should be OK.

A word smith like you and this is all you can come up with?!

Could it be that you are worried about your boy Jay because of the five matadors blocking for him? Jay is used to that from college so he should be OK.
    Give me some time. I'll pick it up... lol
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Matt claims he is 100%. So his groin isn't the reason for him being rusty.

So that is good. And that is the only bright spot on your O-line. And don't expect that rust to be gone by the start of the season. Most teams don't use their starts in the final preseason game. That might not be the case for Denver as they had such a poor effort against a very strong Browns team. Actually, it was two poor efforts in a row counting the Dallas butt kicking. Dallas and the Browns are both ascending teams and Denver is not. Denver's olines best days are in it's past. It has no depth and that can be a huge problem as well.

As for AZ they are looking very good on offense. They have talent at every position on that side of the ball and one of the best set of skill players at the wide outs going into the season. They played great and it was a good test for us heading into the season. This week we play the 9ers and we should rest most the starters after the first series. Giving the young guys a chance to make the team. Rivers, Volek and V. Jackson have had a very good preseason. Eliminating turnovers and penalties will be the focus going into our first game with the Bears. We also need to tighten up our kick coverage.

I know this is the preseason and things will change once the bullets are real. Still Denver is looking like a 8-8 team heading into the season. And that is if everyone stays healthy and the D starts to execute Bates scheme a lot better.
    SanLuis, when you speak of such ignorance about the other team, your
    "smack" becomes hideously lame. Lepsis is the only bright spot on the team?
    C'mon . . . you know better than that . . . or do you? Every hear of Tom
    Nalen, universally recognized as one of the better centers in the league?
    Ben Hamilton, who many insist has been playing near or at a Pro Bowl level
    the last couple years?

And Holland has already been cited for his textbook pass blocking this year.
    Kuper is a young, quick-footed, powerful kid who his coaches believe is
    destined for the Pro Bowl.

Wow, you've got to pick it up. Your smack is going down the tubes. Dang,
    I'm counting on you, SanLuis.

-----

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information