Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NFL's problem: Yards up, but scoring down

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Read the thread title.
    You didn't know this was all about Shanahan eventhough the article never mentions him?

2. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    So just so we're clear, you're saying the last three seasons Shanahan had redzone woes and then McDaniels inherited that team and had the same problems the following year; you're saying all that is on McDaniels?
    HELL yes! Isn't these the things the coach is supposed to fix??? why would you excuse him from NOT fixing it if the previous coach couldn't get it done? If you can't fix what he couldn't get done, they he'll have a short lived career.

Did he run shanahan's offense? No? Hmm.. Did he make trades and pick up free-agents to run his offense? Didn't he use a first round pick on a RB??? Didn't he change the blocking scheme? Then yes... I think he absolutely is the one to blame.

we can see you are blaming the coach for his deficiencies.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Take your best shots the facts speak for themselves.

Mike set records all the while having all of the talent in the world, just failed to get it up in the endzone where it counts.

I have always wondered if he would be all that loved had he not have had a HOF FG kicker to save his bacon for all of those years.

Did Jason make mike or did mike make Jason for all of those years.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

You didn't even read the very article you posted!! ahahhahaahah
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

6. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    HELL yes! Isn't these the things the coach is supposed to fix??? why would you excuse him from NOT fixing it if the previous coach couldn't get it done? If you can't fix what he couldn't get done, they he'll have a short lived career.

Did he run shanahan's offense? No? Hmm.. Did he make trades and pick up free-agents to run his offense? Didn't he use a first round pick on a RB??? Didn't he change the blocking scheme? Then yes... I think he absolutely is the one to blame.

Exactly. It's pathetic to blame Shanahan for shortcomings McDaniels offense. Shanahan did design the offense we have now nor did he call plays. If he was concerned about the offensive linemen being to small then should have done something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Exactly. It's pathetic to blame Shanahan for shortcomings McDaniels offense. Shanahan did design the offense we have now nor did he call plays. If he was concerned about the offensive linemen being to small then should have done something about it.

When you inherit the purported best OLINE in the NFL and keep your OLINE coach as well as your RB coach because they supposedly are the best.

If they tell you that they can teach their charges to learn the new scheme and they say there will be no problem, what would you have had Josh do fire them all also before the draft or FA when he could have done something about it?

You bitch when he does something and now seem to be bitching because he did not make a change until he knew he had a problem and that was mid season on hamilton. and then lost Harris later in the year.

HE is now about to make a major change in size and skill level. Are You going to bitch about this also.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Did he run his offense or Shanahan's offense?
    A different offense with the same result, so we can therefor conclude the problem is rooted in personnel and not scheme, and therefore something that was inherited. Now are you going to answer my question? Are you saying Shanahan's redzone woes make him a bad coach as well?
    I am Khan

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    When you inherit the purported best OLINE in the NFL and keep your OLINE coach as well as your RB coach because they supposedly are the best.

If they tell you that they can teach their charges to learn the new scheme and they say there will be no problem, what would you have had Josh do fire them all also before the draft or FA when he could have done something about it?

You bitch when he does something and now seem to be bitching because he did not make a change until he knew he had a problem and that was mid season on hamilton. and then lost Harris later in the year.

HE is now about to make a major change in size and skill level. Are You going to bitch about this also.
    Unlike you I know what happened this past season because I actually watched the games. Maybe you didn't but I did.

The very article you started this thread with had nothing to do with Shanahan yet what did you like usual? You turned to pissing and moaning about how it's Shanahan's fault that McDaniels offense struggled. Did we use Shanahan's playbook? Nope. Did we use Shanahan's offensive system? NO we sure didn't.

Again whose the head coach in Denver now is it McDaniels or is it Shanahan? Last time I checked McDaniels is the one that makes the personnel decisions not Shanahan. He knew he was moving to power blocking scheme and he made the decision on what players and coaches he wanted. Blaming Shanahan for McDaniels personnel decisions and play calling is stupid.

Interesting you're boo hooing about how I'm bitching about every little thing (which is true by a long shot) about McDaniels yet that's ALL you've done for 10 years so tough rot. McDaniels will succeed or fail because of his own decisions so get over yourself and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

I'm not arguing McDaniels isn't to blame for the problems in his year. However it takes more than one year to fix a team with as many problems as we had. Our focus was obviously defense last year, and this year he is going to focus on getting bigger on our offensive line in the draft.

I was referring to the previous post where TXBRONC doesn't blame Shanahan for several years of mediocrity, and then McDaniels inherits a soft, undersized team with a front line (offense and defense) that is horribly small and not suited for his scheme, and then proceeds to pin all of that on McDaniels. I mean he's even saying the previous years under Shanahan are somehow magically, retroactively McDaniels fault, like he had some kind of time machine and went back to 2004 and messed things up for us.

It just goes to show you McDaniels haters are completely out of your minds. If I came from the year 2000 and didn't know any of the current circumstances and asked one you about Coach McDaniels, based on your "analysis" I would believe that the Broncos went 14-2 in 2008, then fired their coach and proceeded to go 1-15 in 2010 and Cutler was league MVP last year.

Fact is that McDaniels inherrited a crappy team. We had one of the easiest schedules in the league in '08, (We played four teams total who were playoff teams and one of them was the 8-8 Chargers) and were it not for Shanahan's coaching, would have won four games total.

McDaniels inherits a garbage defense and turnover-prone offense and faces a murderer's row schedule, where most of you hater's were saying at the beginning of last year we were going to win four games maximum. He makes as many moves as he can finishes out *SURPRISE* 8-8 in a year when we played only four teams that weren't playoff teams. Cutler goes to Chi-town and plays like crap. And our defense is in the top ten and our giveaways drop way down and our takeaways go way out. Guys like Marshall and Dumervil have record setting seasons (club and national) and we send some more guys back to the pro-bowl.

Now tell me honestly. With the third hardest schedule and all new coaches with a new scheme, tell me HONESTLY how McDaniels "ruined" everything by taking an 8-8 team into a much harder schedule and going 8-8. At the very MOST you could argue it's a lateral move, but there is no way you can say the team is "worse off" now. None. You would be a complete rage-driven idiot to even think as much.
    I am Khan

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

I could have swore that the point of this article was that the problem not scoring in the red zone but moving easily within the 20s was that it was an NFL wide problem, not just isolated on the Broncos.

Maybe y'all read a different article than I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

13. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    A different offense with the same result, so we can therefor conclude the problem is rooted in personnel and not scheme, and therefore something that was inherited. Now are you going to answer my question? Are you saying Shanahan's redzone woes make him a bad coach as well?
    You sure hell didn't ask me Shanahan's redzone woes made him bad coach. The answers no it doesn't but that's not what you asked. This is what you asked. In answer to the question below, yes it is McDaniels responsibility. It's his offense and he chose which would players would stay and which ones would leave.

Originally Posted by Kaylore
    So just so we're clear, you're saying the last three seasons Shanahan had redzone woes and then McDaniels inherited that team and had the same problems the following year; you're saying all that is on McDaniels?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    I could have swore that the point of this article was that the problem not scoring in the red zone but moving easily within the 20s was that it was an NFL wide problem, not just isolated on the Broncos.

Maybe y'all read a different article than I did.
    I completely agree.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

It's funny, I didn't see mention of McDaniels or Shanahan in the article. I must need a new monocle. WHERE IS MY NEW MONOCLE!?

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

ah....there it is

Yeah..I don't understand the last one either...

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

One of the problems with Zone Blocking is that relies on having more people at the point of attack. This doesn't work well in the red zone because the defense bunches together. The solution is beef up the line, build a power running game, and pound the rock.
    In Elway We Trust

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information