Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA Playoffs Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Default Official NBA Playoffs Thread

Let's talk some serious playoff basketball in a respectful manner in here...keep the trash talking friendly in tone.

*stops sucking up to the mods*

Anyways, I am a Jazz fan and I am getting really pumped up for the playoffs to start here in a couple of weeks. I really think the Jazz have a shot of winning it all this year. They are dominant at home and their road woes are blown out of proportion...as the Jazz like to play down to their opponent and lose to crappy teams on the road. I will start growing my playoff beard as soon as the regular season ends for good luck and won't shave it until they are eliminated....or win it all!

Come on and pimp your teams until the seeding gets figured out and we can start talking matchups and stuff.

I'm a Celtics fan And I'm ready for some playoff basketball.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

In response to the Jazz being boring...

This is so not true. This is an old myth that dates back to the Stockton and Malone days. This year, the Jazz are 2nd in offensive efficiency(points per possession), play at the 9th fastest pace in the league, and are 5th in PPG.

The Jazz look to run at every opportunity, but Deron Williams is a smart point guard and will set up the offense if nothing is there. They don't just chuck up long jump shots with 20 seconds left on the shot clock like the Nuggets do, but they like to get out on the run and get easy baskets.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    I'm a Celtics fan And I'm ready for some playoff basketball.
    lol.....just like you were a boston fan last year yet you claim to be a ''diehard'' yank fan.........

My suns play the AARP spurs tonight......i expect a clean victory.....(maybe not if the refs decide to give the game to them ..... again)

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    lol.....just like you were a boston fan last year yet you claim to be a ''diehard'' yank fan.........

My suns play the AARP spurs tonight......i expect a clean victory.....(maybe not if the refs decide to give the game to them ..... again)
    Naw I hate boston. And last year I never claimed to be a Boston fan.
    My sig was mocking someone else because they put Redsox nation or something so I mocked them and put Gagne as my adoptee.
    Trust me.. I've been a Yankees fan forever.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Lakers fan here.

I'm excited because the playoffs will be where I us Laker fans get to see a Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum lineup for the first time. We've had a season plagued with injuries (and Fisher and Bryant are both playing badly hurt as well) but hopefully everyone gets back for the playoffs.

I'm hoping for an NBA Finals where the Lakers beat the Celtics 4-2.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Lakers fan here.

I'm excited because the playoffs will be where I us Laker fans get to see a Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum lineup for the first time. We've had a season plagued with injuries (and Fisher and Bryant are both playing badly hurt as well) but hopefully everyone gets back for the playoffs.

I'm hoping for an NBA Finals where the Lakers beat the Celtics 4-2.
    That is a good point. The Lakers have not been fully healthy at all this year, except for the first few months or so. Even if Bynum comes back, though, he won't be at 100% for a good while after he starts playing. Plus, Odom has been flourishing at the 4 spot and he will have to move back to the 3 where he wasn't doing so hot before Bynum got hurt.

Nonetheless, the Lakers will be a tough matchup for anyone in the playoffs and are a definite contender.

well well well.........look what my suns did to the AARP spurs.......

well well well.........look what my suns did to the AARP spurs.......
    Was it a playoff win? It don't really matter what the Suns did. Its not the real season.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    Was it a playoff win? It don't really matter what the Suns did. Its not the real season.
    hahah you got me.....but playoff postioning is still at stake......suns can still get number 1 seed......not likely but still......hopefully we'll win the pacific, the lakers have a hard schedule down the stretch here

you guys have a BIG game tomorrow......i think it will determine the 8th seed.

Yea I agree. It sucks its on the road. But the loser will more then likely be the team watching the playoffs from the couch.

It should be a great battle between 2 pathetic teams.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

Suns at houston......nothing at stake but playoff positioning again.....and i wouldn't mind playing houston in the first round ....

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

WOW! The Western Conference is so crazy this year. Today, the Spurs were fighting for a shot at the 1st seed, but they could end up being the 6th seed if they lose another game and PHX wins out.

The Jazz can still snag the 3rd seed if they win out and Houston loses one more game. Houston could be anywhere from the 1st seed to the sixth seed still. GS will control their own destiny if the Nuggets lose tonight. There are so many crazy scenarios that could play out in the west. It will be fun to see how everything plays out.

Indeed, i see the spurs losing to the jazz too....hopefully the suns stay at six and the hornets drop to 3rd.

Indeed, i see the spurs losing to the jazz too....hopefully the suns stay at six and the hornets drop to 3rd.
    Does it really matter who the Suns play? No team is on the same level as they are anyways so no matter who they play it will be over in 4 games.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information