Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Default Don't be surprised if the Denver Broncos end up with the 6th pick (and 11th)

Default Don't be surprised if the Denver Broncos end up with the 6th pick (and 11th)

I believe Seahawks really want Marshall and they're just trying to bring down the price for Marshall by playing soft and prolonging the situation.

There is no reason to go hard after Marshall ASAP, especially when there wasn't/isn't any other team as a threat to get Marshall... so it'd be the strategic thing to do to drag it until the draft to pin the Broncos into a decision.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks give up the 6th pick come draft day, and you best bet Broncos are definitely preparing for that situation.

Pete Carroll is a first year coach who hasn't accustomed to losing for the past decade, I can guarantee you that is what he's preaching right now in Seattle. He's going to do what he can do to have maximum success in 2010 as his first year, and there's nothing better than to get a proven elite WR in his offensive system. Jeremy Bates is probably in his ear about BM too.

In theory - Seahawks are organizing a full blown contract with Marshall that he will obviously have to agree on... this in itself will be a huge investment in money and time. When/if they do, Seahawks will have shown their hand at this point where they've gone out of their way to prepare and write up a huge contract for Marshall.

RFA ends a week before the draft, but I don't think it will make a difference if Seahawks really want him.

Come draft day or before the draft - if the Broncos make the Seahawks feel as if they have to give up the 6th, Seahawks will feel the pressure because they obviously want Marshall (at this point since they have a contract laid out).

And I hope Seahawks make a move out of desperation and give up the 6th. It doesn't look like they're going to draft a QB at this point. They'd be getting a long term elite WR for the 6th pick which would obviously be worth it if you're just looking at that alone.

If they're not getting a QB, you can argue they can pretty much get a similar position at 14... again the draft is always a risk. If they're planning to get a olineman, there will be some at 14 and later. If they want a safety, they'll miss on Berry but they might have Earl Thomas (who is projected to be better than Berry by some) and Taylor Mays (USC). If they're looking for McCoy, they could get Dan Williams at 14 (6th would probably be too low for McCoy and 14th might be too low for Dan so either way it's a risk). Unless their gunning for Haden, most the other positions will probably have good players at 14th.

The list goes on but the fact is if they're not getting a QB, 6th might be worth it for Marshall since they have a 14th. Seahawks will be trying to win THIS season with the Cards losing key players, making the Niners possible division favorites but not by far.

It would be pretty intense for a trade to happen on draft day - because if a trade were to happen Seahawks would have had to write him a contract already at THIS point (unless Seahawks run their s.hit fu.c.ked up which wouldn't be a surprise either), so they'd still be under the heat regardless.

Don't be surprised if we end up with the 6th. If Denver Broncos FO really don't want Marshall, they should be able to push the Seahawks up against the wall right when the Seahawks and Marshall agree on a contract.

This is pretty much the meter -

1. If we get a 6th, Seattle want him bad and paid full price.

2. If we get a 14th, Halfway point - Seattle wants him, Broncos want to get rid of him.

3. Anything less, Broncos want to get rid of him, PERIOD.

(if we get a first round - it just shows another half way point...if it's a low first we probably wanted to get rid of him regardless)
    Last edited by Mr D; 03-25-2010 at 11:16 AM.

I'm confused about the (and 11th) part.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Im more concerned with the Seahawks schooling this front office again. I wouldnt be shocked to get their late 2nd round pick.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I wouldn't be surprised however, I think there is greater chance it will be the 14th overall pick not the 6th.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

I'm still predicting BM will remain a Bronco (sigh) and no trade happens with SEA or any other team.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Im more concerned with the Seahawks schooling this front office again. I wouldnt be shocked to get their late 2nd round pick.
    If that's the case, we should just keep Marshall. Call their bluff. I don't think McDaniels has any intention of giving Marshall away for less than a first round pick, so they can try to trap us but I'd rather keep Marshall. I think McDaniels is taking the same mindset. Even if Marshall has been a target of McDaniels's ire, he's still the best player we have on the offensive side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I'm confused about the (and 11th) part.
    All that means is we'll also have our 11th pick in the 1st round

11. The Following User High Fived Mr D For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I too think come draft day we may end up with the 6th pick depending on who is still available at that time.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I'm still predicting BM will remain a Bronco (sigh) and no trade happens with SEA or any other team.
    Do you the names of the girl on the left in your sig? I remember that was at a big UFC event.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    Do you the names of the girl on the left in your sig? I remember that was at a big UFC event.
    Can't help you out. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    I too think come draft day we may end up with the 6th pick depending on who is still available at that time.
    That would be intense last minute BS happening.

First, Seahawks would have to have missed the player they wanted.

Second, they'd have to have Marshall agree to the contract

Third, Broncos would have to agree and also want a player right there and then, or this could extend to a trade with another team, etc... all RIGHT AFTER the 5th pick.

I'm not sure if this would be a good thing to do - they'd basically be telling Marshall we're looking for this guy in the draft, we want him more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    We can only hope!!!

Clay, as to the FO being schooled. While I think trading Cutler was a mistake, you can't fault McD for what they got for him. They got great value for him, which obviously was aided by there being a lot teams interested in Cutler.

Now, the flip side is that trade to Seattle for Smith, which to many of us didn't appear smart at the time, and almost a year later, is looking worse than we thought. However, he could have traded that pick and grabbed a player in the first round and had it be an equally big bust, because that's the nature of drafting players -- very few are sure things, no matter where they are picked.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    We can only hope!!!

Clay, as to the FO being schooled. While I think trading Cutler was a mistake, you can't fault McD for what they got for him. They got great value for him, which obviously was aided by there being a lot teams interested in Cutler.

Now, the flip side is that trade to Seattle for Smith, which to many of us didn't appear smart at the time, and almost a year later, is looking worse than we thought. However, he could have traded that pick and grabbed a player in the first round and had it be an equally big bust, because that's the nature of drafting players -- very few are sure things, no matter where they are picked.
    Just imagine the possibilities if we had the 6th, 11th, and 14th picks.

Okay, I'm awake now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    That would be intense last minute BS happening.

First, Seahawks would have to have missed the player they wanted.

Second, they'd have to have Marshall agree to the contract

Third, Broncos would have to agree and also want a player right there and then, or this could extend to a trade with another team, etc... all RIGHT AFTER the 5th pick.

I'm not sure if this would be a good thing to do - they'd basically be telling Marshall we're looking for this guy in the draft, we want him more than you.
    How come Moreno is wearing #24 in your video game, picture thingy?

I just don't see the Seahawks flipping on the 6ht pick. Wouldn't make sense. If the player they want is n't there, then they trade down. Someone will want that 6th pick to beat someone else to a player. I know trading down isn't always the easiest of moves. YOu have to have a team willing to trade first.

I just don't think thats reasonable, unless Seattle doesn't want to pay for the 6th pick. But the Seattle owner has a LOT more money than Bowlen does. If they don't want to pay fo rhte 6th pick, they can (most probably)move down. All the while, STILL be able to grab Marshall for another pick.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information