Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Shanahan on Cutler.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I have no love for Danno he severly misused John. IMO held him back from being the best QB of the class of 83. But I do not hate him, just think he was a bridge to getting to the Playoffs and SB.

Dan left a decent core of the team that mike took to the playoffs are well as Ryan added to it a bit. Mike added to it with some key additios to get us over the top.

Taking a team to the superbowl does not qualifiy one to be HOF, IMHO.

As for Josh as a QB coach of Brady he did nothing to elevate his game? IIRC he was the QB coach for 2 maybe three years prior to taking over the OC position.

Asfar as cassel sounded to me like he did a hell of a job redesiging the offense when Brady went down and elevaing cassell to a starting QB that lead his team to a 11-5 record. Would have made the playoffs had MIA not had to fluke wins over them.

Considering that Jake had his best year ever prior to being replaced, IMHO Mike should have paid more attention to the OLINE and DL on the team and less attention to the skill players
    but what the hell why worry about a pernenial (10 years and counting)weak spot DL.

YEp overall I have been happy with the Broncos since 1960 some of the years they were donkeys and some Broncos..

as for the supper bowl years I think that we should have won more games by more points, as we would amass a huge lead, set some players in teh third and fourth quarters and then in alot of cases have to depend on John for a dcomeback win and or Jason to win one with a long field goal.

I think that mike is and was a great OC but left alot ot be deseired as a HC and more importanatly GM.

Y'all can love him all you want but for me not the guy I ever want to see again.

Guessing that I will Josh in teh wiing Superbowl mode before mike gets it again if ever.
    John Elway isnt without blame. He was an absolute turnover machine. He made some of the most amazing plays in the 4th qtr, but also made some of the dumbest plays in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd QTR's.

Half the Comeback games, we were behind because of Elways fumbles and interceptions. He had more of those than TD's over an entire career. THAT isnt Reeves fault.

Reeves took 2 teams to the SB 4 times. THAT is an amazing coach.

Just curious how many super bowls did he win after the HOF players left..

For that matter how many Playoff wins did he have.

He is a proven loser in this department with out the Duke.
    Look at every HC that has lost a HOF QB. Look at how many SB's they went to after their HOF QB's retirement. It takes time to get another great in the position.
    Quote Originally Posted by sakic_avs View Post
    After further comparison to HOF quarterbacks, with intelligent perspective towards statistical comparisons (meaning apples to apples comparisons and not just raw numbers), the only HOF quarterback Cutler can relevantly, and intelligently, be compared to in his third year of full-time starting in the NFL is Warren Moon.
    No one can argue with your gut feelings. Statistical information is the only thing that can truly be argued. Stats and real events that happened and have been captured and documented on telivision have proven that Cutler is as good or better than most HOF QB's thus far in his career.

If you tell me Unicorns exhist, I cant argue that they dont.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Funny how Shanny would praise Cutler considering Cutler helped Shanny lose his job here in Denver.
    Chester the molester Plummer did that by losing the AFCCG for us.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Chester the molester Plummer did that by losing the AFCCG for us.
    Plummer was not why the Broncos lost the AFCCG.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Plummer was not why the Broncos lost the AFCCG.
    You are right. All the blame cant be put on one person.

6. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

You are right. All the blame cant be put on one person.
    i blame myself

8. The Following User High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Elway was the best QB to come out of the '83 class.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

10. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Hopefully, for his sake. Considering Cutler's performance last year, the proud feeling Chicago got after the trade turned into utter disappointment after the first week, and continued throughout the season.
    Worst season of his career, and he still scored 28 tds-27 in the air pretty damned impressive actually. The one on the ground where he took on Julian Peterson (Career Probowler/All-Pro) made me proud of him.

I think had he stayed in DEN Josh would have made him into a great QB. Giving him the guidance and discipline that he will not get this next year in Chicago.
    Disagree here. Martz has gotten heaps of improvement out of every QB he has come across.

Kitna posting back to back 4,000 yard seasons.

And with having to start the combo of Hill, and O'Sullivan-due to injury, he got the same production in '08 that you got out of Orton last year-and he had far less offensive firepower (receivers-offensive line) than McD did.

Oh yeah, Mike coached up a grocery stock-boy into a HOFer.

Whereas Brady was developed by Weiss, and only inherited by McDaniels-along with Randy Moss.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Out of the ashes a phoenix will rise.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Out of the ashes a phoenix will rise.
    pheonix ? you talkin' leinert now ?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information