Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Shanahan on Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Oh, you mean this place where everyone gets their panties in a twist when someone else questions their OPINIONS, but are quick to do the same shit when someone else does it?
    I'm going to take my twisted panties and get some lunch.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I think its the opposite.

No QB is a great 4 years into his career. THe fact is that Cutler has put up far better numbers than the majority of great QB's at equal stages in their career.
    let's not get ahead of ouselves,i mean he's no brady............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................Quinn

4. The Following User High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    let's not get ahead of ouselves,i mean he's no brady............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................Quinn

6. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I think its the opposite.

No QB is a great 4 years into his career. THe fact is that Cutler has put up far better numbers than the majority of great QB's at equal stages in their career.
    Without looking I just don't see where Cutler has put up "far better numbers" than the majority of great qb's......and as I said.....Cutler does not even belong in any conversation of great qb's....past or present.....or early in their careers....
    Great numbers/stats will only take you so far.....and int's....will take you no where....if he doesn't start to show some leadership skills.....and put a stop to his untimely ints...he will continue to be just another qb....
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived broncophan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ahh, the "just sort of, somehow, lucked into" winning a couple Super Bowls theory.

Hopefully, we as Broncos fans don't have to learn what an amazing feat it is for a team to only have two losing seasons over a 14 or so year stretch. Like him or hate him, but coaches don't just luck into that.

As to Cutler, I am one of the people that agrees with Shanahan. I have a few friends/acquaintances that are Bears fans and I tell him that in the end, they are going to be happy they got Cutler, which I believe is more likely than not.
    Pfft... McDaniels has a 100% non-losing season ratio with Denver!
    Last edited by MasterShake; 03-25-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by broncophan View Post
    Without looking I just don't see where Cutler has put up "far better numbers" than the majority of great qb's......and as I said.....Cutler does not even belong in any conversation of great qb's....past or present.....or early in their careers....
    Great numbers/stats will only take you so far.....and int's....will take you no where....if he doesn't start to show some leadership skills.....and put a stop to his untimely ints...he will continue to be just another qb....
    Look up the numbers.

All of which held true for nearly every QB early in their career. The stats started, then accumulated.

As clay pointed out, the GREAT QBs had the INTs as well.

But then you did say.... you didn't even look it up.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

12. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I have never read anything where Shanahan is disrespectful of a player......esp. a player where he traded up to draft.No way would Shanahan "dog" Cutler.He could have been honest and said......."Jesus.....did you see how many interceptions kid Cutler threw last season......what a loser......he even threw 4 or 5 in one game."

Shanahan is alot more professional than that.......I wonder what he REALLY thinks though....

Pretty much how i see it not too mention he was doing an interview with a chicago radio station. Of course he's going to say good things about Jay. But funny, even now even McD says good things about Jay so i guess McD is a good judge of QB's as well.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    All of which held true for nearly every QB early in their career. The stats started, then accumulated.

As clay pointed out, the GREAT QBs had the INTs as well.

But then you did say.... you didn't even look it up.
    There is no need to look it up......when Cutler proves....as other great qb's have proven, that he has leadership skills, and he stops his untimely ints.....than he will start to belong in the conversation of great qb's.....then we can start looking up stats of great qb's and compare them.....in the meantime......he is just another AVERAGE.....or below AVERAGE qb...

In the meantime......he has done absolutely nothing in Chicago....that leads me to see where Chicago will be proud of him.......I would think Bears fans would tell you the same...
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    Oh snap.

Shanahan is absolutely amazing with QB's, which is unfortunate for Cutler considering they are no longer working together.

You could see how bad Cutler was last year without him. I just hope Chicago doesn't ruin his career like they do with all QB's that play there.

18. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

There is no need to look it up......when Cutler proves....as other great qb's have proven, that he has leadership skills, and he stops his untimely ints.....than he will start to belong in the conversation of great qb's.....then we can start looking up stats of great qb's and compare them.....in the meantime......he is just another AVERAGE.....or below AVERAGE qb...

In the meantime......he has done absolutely nothing in Chicago....that leads me to see where Chicago will be proud of him.......I would think Bears fans would tell you the same...
    You nor I can judge the leadership skills of a QB. Its a purely speculative thing. The FACT is Cutler is better statistically than the majority of NFL HOF QB's thus far in his career.

If you think Cutler turns the ball over to much than you obviously hate other NFL greats like Elway or Manning or even Montana early in his career.

20. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Thats fine. I respect that as your opinion. Which brings back the relevance of the initial article in this thread. Shanahan is one that actually knows QBs, and actually knows this QB in person. I feel better in valuing his opinion on this particular subject.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Yeah, I would look like a genius too if I inherited Johnny Boy! Shanahan is no master of QBs and just happened to throw two great teams together surrounding JE. His QBs here at Denver after JE were medicore at best including Cutler!!
    Interesting that you would say that Nomad considering the fact Shanahan was the quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator of the Broncos in the early years of John's career.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Shanny said the same things about Griese.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information