Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What would you want? (help me with my school project)

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Its hard to improve on Underrated. he had a Hell of a lot of really good ideas mixed in with some wildly impractical stuff.

My demands are simpler. I want geeks working there, but they must have nearly infinite patience and speak in common vernacular friggin' English. Speaking any form of techno jargon within earshot of customers should be a firing offense. I want people available to teach me how to use all this crap without being rude or condescending. And under no circumstances whatever will they try to sell me an extended warranty. That totally pisses me off, and my response is to ask if the thing I am buying is such a POS that I need to buy an extended warranty.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Massage stations throughout the store would be nice.

Sound proof room for those who have to bring their kids with them. In that room, a sign that says, "touch ANYTHING and this velociraptor will eat you." And the kids will have to listen to free-form jazz. The jazz will put them to sleep. Once the kids are asleep, the consumers will feel no rush to finish their shopping. But, if the kid doesn't go to sleep, the consumer will not be allowed back in unless they come kidless.

Are you guys thinking waterfall like Casa Bonita?

A build-your-own-laptop case station. There are so many drab looking cases. Most are black with too many pockets. You can choose color, size, material, design. No one would have a case that looked like that guy's over there.

All computers are connected to the internet. Hell yeah, XXX while shopping. Woohoo!

Open bar.

That's just for starters.
    This space available for lease.

Sneaks, the Home Depot in my town has a cat that wanders where she wants to go. Her name is Skittles.

5. The Following User High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

for products and services dread touched on one that I think is big. The warranty. That shit needs to be included in anything I buy. No pay extra for it. I base the product on the place i buy it, not the product itself so much. So if you are a store that sells crappy products, whether you built them or not, I probably wont go back, because you are just looking to make a sale. You are not selling good items. Its your reputation on the line, not the apple, macintosh, etc.

But other products. First, get out of the whole stay within our niche thing. I hate that. Seriously, screw that. That is what I am doing with my business. Its working well too. Look at the big stores that dominate the industry. Walmart, Costco. Those guys sell everything. They still concentrate on their niche, but they dont disclude other things either. And if this is going to be my dream electronic store. I want it to have everything in there a guy could possibly want!

So all the electronic stuff, TVs, Speakers, Computers, cameras, Video games and Eq. But I also then want to see some BBQ, maybe some Lawnmowers, definitely tools. I got to fix my car, and take care of it. I need that stuff. And some sports stuff too. How sick would it be to shoot some hoops or get some new hockey sticks while you are waiting for your TV and system to get ready for the loading dock. NO CLOTHES though, maybe a t-shirt rack, but not like a target or anything..Pool stuff and patio fireplaces. Maybe I am just moving into my new house and I want to deck it out for my party. I want tvs, speakers, patio tables and chairs and stuff, BBQ, Firepit, a remote control beer getter. (they have those for pools, I have one) And all the good Chips and dips and drinks. Thats my kinda store.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    for products and services dread touched on one that I think is big. The warranty. That shit needs to be included in anything I buy. No pay extra for it. I base the product on the place i buy it, not the product itself so much. So if you are a store that sells crappy products, whether you built them or not, I probably wont go back, because you are just looking to make a sale. You are not selling good items. Its your reputation on the line, not the apple, macintosh, etc.

But other products. First, get out of the whole stay within our niche thing. I hate that. Seriously, screw that. That is what I am doing with my business. Its working well too. Look at the big stores that dominate the industry. Walmart, Costco. Those guys sell everything. They still concentrate on their niche, but they dont disclude other things either. And if this is going to be my dream electronic store. I want it to have everything in there a guy could possibly want!

So all the electronic stuff, TVs, Speakers, Computers, cameras, Video games and Eq. But I also then want to see some BBQ, maybe some Lawnmowers, definitely tools. I got to fix my car, and take care of it. I need that stuff. And some sports stuff too. How sick would it be to shoot some hoops or get some new hockey sticks while you are waiting for your TV and system to get ready for the loading dock. NO CLOTHES though, maybe a t-shirt rack, but not like a target or anything..Pool stuff and patio fireplaces. Maybe I am just moving into my new house and I want to deck it out for my party. I want tvs, speakers, patio tables and chairs and stuff, BBQ, Firepit, a remote control beer getter. (they have those for pools, I have one) And all the good Chips and dips and drinks. Thats my kinda store.
    What you are describing is some kind of "Man Store." No bra department. No jewelry. No perfume. No dried flowers. No goat milk skin moisturizing hyacinth scented bath bars, or aromatherapy candles. Not a scrap window dressings or stick of wicker furniture. It could work
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    What you are describing is some kind of "Man Store." No bra department. No jewelry. No perfume. No dried flowers. No goat milk skin moisturizing hyacinth scented bath bars, or aromatherapy candles. Not a scrap window dressings or stick of wicker furniture. It could work

Bingo!

lets face it. women like and need their electronics stuff too. But nowhere near the way us guys do. Like the container store- I dont think i have ever been in one, and probably never will. But I bet every girl on here has been in there. Same holds true for this electronic store. Basically its a man cave thats a store. You got it dread. You know where its at.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Idealy, Fry's electronics is my ideal electronics store.

I want something non adulterated. Equal exposure to all brands. I don't need a special Apple/Sony/Microsoft section. Their "experts" need to be actual experts. Not a bunch of snot nosed "geek squad" idiots who have passed their A+ exam and their knowledge is limited to Serial bus memory addresses. I want techs that know their shit. You want to OC a motherboard? They know the best heat sinks/memory/proc combo for your needs.

If you don't have product in stock, you can get it next day.

As far as media goes, I want an extensive media server with a database of every album you have on stock. I want to hear what I'm about to buy before I buy it. You also need to have it on any media realistically available. Vinyl, CD, MP3, FLAC, OGG whatever.

Your sales reps and customer service people need not to be salesmen, but knowledgeable guides. I don't want oracles, but someone who is not going to look at you like you are speaking greek if you know what you are looking for and isn't afraid to tell you the truth if they don't know something.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

frau, i'll show up as long as the store is designed by tim taylor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

15. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

I may be a girl, but I am no girlie girl. Massage stations in my store would be those fancy black leather chairs that do the massage stuff for you. You can sit and stay for 2 minutes or 20.

I love gadgets and buttons and electronics. There is a place for all the frou frou stuff, and it certainly isn't where electronics are sold.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Broncos team store at Invesco Field IS my dream store! lol.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information