Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Bucs, Broncos Discuss Blockbuster

Default Report: Bucs, Broncos Discuss Blockbuster

http://www.draftheadquarters.com/dhqblogs/?p=677

I’m reporting that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Denver Broncos are in discussions that would send star wide receiver Brandon Marshall to Tampa Bay and would involve the 3rd and 11th picks in the 2010 NFL Draft.

Tampa Bay has been looking to upgrade their receiving core, and adding a player like Marshall would help propel their offense into the future. With the third pick in the draft, it is believed that the Broncos would likely be looking at Tennessee safety Eric Berry.

From what I’ve been told, the teams would swap first round picks with additional picks potentially being involved in the deal.

Continue to stay tuned at Draft Headquarters for the best coverage of the 2010 NFL Draft.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Is this anything other than like "joe's blog?"

Eric Berry is not worth our 11 and Marshall. HELL NO! Marshall for their first round..then yes, but we shouldn't have to give up our pick as well

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tom Nalen For This Post:

I'm not too sure but if they are in real talks then K2 better come into the picture because that's alot for us to give up only to go after Berry #3 overall. That would staple in my mind that Josh really doesn't know what he is doing. If we we're to land Bradford or Suh then I would like it. But if we're giving up Marshall AND #11 then I would expect a 2nd or player as well.

I actually like the idea of staying at 11 (not in the top 10 so way less money to pay) and taking ILB McClain. If we are going to deal Marshall then we need to add picks not swap picks. We would then have to draft a WR in round 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Nalen View Post
    Eric Berry is not worth our 11 and Marshall. HELL NO! Marshall for their first round..then yes, but we shouldn't have to give up our pick as well
    It wouldn't suprise me.

8. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

PASS! If this is the way it goes down, then I would start to rethink how I feel about the personnel decisions. Marshall AND the 11 for the number 3 to get Eric Berry? Don't think so, no way in hell. Berry is not worth the 3rd pick. He could even fall to the 11. You trade up to land either Suh or McCoy and keep the 11th. That would be the only reasonable trade.
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived ikillz0mbies For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

So essentially we'd be placing Marshall's trade value at "moving up 8 places in the draft" rather than at "a first-round draft pick". Not much value at all for a bona fide #1 WR... a guy who has proven that he can step it up and be a gamechanger.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    So essentially we'd be placing Marshall's trade value at "moving up 8 places in the draft" rather than at "a first-round draft pick". Not much value at all for a bona fide #1 WR... a guy who has proven that he can step it up and be a gamechanger.
    They were discussing this elsewhere, and you'll get the draftniks who will pull out their chart that says that the value in that move is equivalent to the #17 overall pick.

I think the rumor is unfounded, or there's more picks involved. I don't see this happening. I just wanted to look smart by reposting what others have said.

Although, I'm not a fan of the value chart. Hmmm.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

For brady quinn's sake I hope you guys keep Marshall unless bill parcells would swallow his pride and trade for a diva WR.

15. The Following User High Fived #1dolphinfan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by #1dolphinfan View Post
    For brady quinn's sake I hope you guys keep Marshall unless bill parcells would swallow his pride and trade for a diva WR.
    No way that Parcell's spends a first on Marshall. He's way too smart for that.

17. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Well, its definitely NOT going to be a matter of trading Marshall and our 11 for their third.

Thats not happening.

Id say Marshall and our 11 and a 7th for their 3 AND their second might be something that interested me.

But it would NOT be for Mr. Berry.

It would be for McCoy, Suh or Bradford.

Not only that, but for us to get the third would be huge if Bradford was not selected by the Rams.

Rumours have Washington inquiring about Carriker from the Rams. If that took place, you could all but assure us of an extra pick.

Washington would have to give up a third to us in order to get Bradford.

The other option is to give a second to Detroit.

This to ensure they get Bradford.

That, of course would be if Denver didnt want Bradford themselves.

I wonder if Denver wants to get Bradford vs Washington.

I wonder if this could end up being the stirring of some kind of rivalry between Shanny and Bowlen..........HMMmmmmm.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    No way that Parcell's spends a first on Marshall. He's way too smart for that.
    If we are considering a WR in the first we better look at Marshall I know parcells doesn't like divas but I would love to see Marshall in Miami that would give Chad henne a great target.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

There would have to be other players and picks involved for sure, but even then I'm not really that hot on having the third pick nor anything we'd have to give up to get there.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

TampaBay has the 3rd and the 10th selections in the second round.

If it involved either one of those picks, IM THERE.

Marshall and our 11th for the third and one of those second rounders?

Yup.

Not for Berry, but for one of the big three. Suh, McCoy or Bradford.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    They were discussing this elsewhere, and you'll get the draftniks who will pull out their chart that says that the value in that move is equivalent to the #17 overall pick.

I think the rumor is unfounded, or there's more picks involved. I don't see this happening. I just wanted to look smart by reposting what others have said.

Although, I'm not a fan of the value chart. Hmmm.
    We'd be trading known value... almost straight across... for potential value. I understand the draftniks but the fact is that for every Peyton Manning there's a Ryan Leaf (expensive bust; not at all worth what a team has to give up for him). Draft picks are not a sure thing; and poor draft choices can be costly (see: Paul Toviessi in the 2nd round and Maurice Clarett in the 3rd...don't think Toviessi was ever healthy enough to play a down for the Broncos and Clarett never even made it through preseason).

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information