Thread: Gears of War 3 - 4/11

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default Gears of War 3 - 4/11

Rumor: Gears Of War 3 Releasing April 2011
    Source says teaser trailer coming soon. Full reveal at E3.
    by Jim Reilly
    IGN

March 16, 2010 - The wait for Gears of War 3 may be longer than we thought.

A "trusted US publishing source" has told website Edge the third chapter in the Gears of War series is set for release in April 2011. While still not officially announced by Microsoft, the first teaser trailer for Gears of War 3 is apparently coming as early as next month on April 8, with a full reveal set for June at this year's E3 in Los Angeles.

"Microsoft's keen to avoid a clash with Halo: Reach and wants Natal to own Christmas. That's why we won't be seeing Gears of War 3 until next year, but expect a major marketing push ahead of its release," the source said.

Representatives from both Epic Games and Microsoft told IGN they do not comment on rumors or speculation.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1077906p1.html
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I wonder if they would reserve my copy at gamestop today with $5 LOL

Thanks MasterShake!!!

3. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Gears of War 3 Gameplay Details Emerge
    Underwater missions and Locust enemies with tentacles?
    by Jim Reilly
    IGN

April 8, 2010 - New gameplay details have emerged for Gears of War 3, courtesy of Edge magazine's trusted source. While these details should be labeled as rumored for now, this is the same source that accurately predicted Epic Games would be revealing a new Gears of War trailer on April 8. That date has since been moved to Monday, April 12, however.

According to the source, Gears of War 3 will include all-new Locust enemies the feature "tentacle-like appendages" that can extend to cover spots. To combat this, Delta Squad COG members will now carry explosives that can travel underground and take out enemy positions.

Gears of War 3 will also have "a heavy duty mech suit" that COG members can use for both protection and causing havoc on the battlefield.

These new combat mechanics will be used in both singleplayer and multiplayer, according to Edge.

Gears of War 3 will be set during the summer, and include a host of new locations as well. The biggest addition are new underwater levels.

In response to Edge's report, Epic Games designer Cliff Bleszinski told IGN "My Microsoft implant says I must comment with 'We don't comment on rumors or speculation.'"

Bleszinski is set to make an appearance on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon this Monday to unveil his new game and a trailer.

Gears of War 3 for April 2011
    Xbox 360 dashboard outs Epic sequel.
    by Martin Robinson
    IGN

April 9, 2010 - Microsoft has inadvertently revealed Gears of War 3, with an announcement for the game fleetingly appearing on the Xbox 360 dashboard today.

The announcement, since deleted, confirmed the game for an April 2011 release.

An official announcement was believed to be coming through Cliff Bleszinski's appearance on The Jimmy Fallon show, which has now been delayed to Monday.

Rumoured gameplay details emerged yesterday, revealing that the final part of the trilogy that began in 2006 would feature a refined cover system and underwater elements.

IGN has contacted Microsoft for further confirmation – expect to hear more on the game in the coming weeks.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1082769p1.html

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Looking forward to it. The GOW franchise has been some of the most fun games i've ever played.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Looking forward to it. The GOW franchise has been some of the most fun games i've ever played.
    Ya know one of the best things I like about the games? Some of the humor, especially in coop in the game with a friend is how one would probably act if they were really in the conflict-

Rookie- "Hey Marcus, what are those red flowers?"

Marcus- "What do I look like, a botanist? How the **** do I know?"

9. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Ya know one of the best things I like about the games? Some of the humor, especially in coop in the game with a friend is how one would probably act if they were really in the conflict-

Rookie- "Hey Marcus, what are those red flowers?"

Marcus- "What do I look like, a botanist? How the **** do I know?"
    Dom- "Screwwwed"
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

11. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Better yet:

Dom- "aww, isn't that cute. Like two a-holes (edit for language filter) on their 1st date"

I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Gears of War 3 Nails Down Release Date
    Microsoft offers exact days nearly a year in advance.
    by Erik Brudvig
    IGN

April 13, 2010 - This hype train is going to be a long ride. Microsoft and Epic have nailed down an exact release date for Gears of War 3 in all territories nearly a year in advance.

Those in North America and Asia will get it first on April 5, 2011, followed by Japan on April 7. Those in Europe will have to wait until April 8.

The press release announcing these solid dates also revealed that this year on April 20, the Avatar Marketplace will be updated with Gears of War 3 regalia, including the new Cog armor being introduced in this finale.

"When we released 'Gears of War' more than three years ago, we set out to tell the world an unforgettable story of bravery and sacrifice in the face of insurmountable odds, and a year from now, players will get the chance to experience the final chapter in the story of Marcus Fenix and his companions in Delta Squad," said Cliff Bleszinski, design director at Epic Games. "This is definitely the biggest and most dramatic chapter yet in the 'Gears of War' saga, and we can't wait to deliver it."

The Gears of War franchise has sold over 12 million copies since its inception. This will be the final chapter in Marcus and Dom's story.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Gears of War 3 Includes 4-Player Co-op, New Weapons
    New gameplay details emerge.
    by Jim Reilly
    IGN

April 13, 2010 - Gears of War 3 was officially unveiled last night. Fans got their first glimpse at the game in a minute-long trailer, which featured long-standing COG members Marcus Fenix, and his grizzled partner Dominic Santiago fighting a swarm of Locust enemies and new Lambent tentacle monsters.

But new details have emerged this morning, courtesy of Spanish gaming website MeriStation. In an interview, Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski confirmed several new additions and details for Gears of War 3.

Bleszinski said the plot of Gears of War 3 picks up 18 months after the end of Gears 2, and will close the book on the trilogy.

"You can expect that we'll answer the majority of the questions that players have about the history of the world and what's going on," Bleszinski said. "We're not going to answer everything, but I can tell you this will be the conclusion to a trilogy."

In the same interview, Bleszinski confirmed two new weapons for Gears 3: A sawed-off double-barrel shotgun, which is more powerful than the standard shotgun, but has longer reload times and less range, and the Pendulum Lancer, the precursor to the chainsaw Lancer. This new lancer "kicks like a mule when it fires" and includes a large blade at the end that makes for nasty executions.

Bleszinski also said the team will continue to refine the cover system of Gears 3, making it the best in the industry. The game will finally include female characters. Anya, who was a "pencil pusher" in the previous Gears games, will now be fighting alongside the Delta Squad in the new game.

The biggest addition to multiplayer is 4-player online co-op in the story mode. Bleszinski said players can now take control of the other Delta Squad members Baird and Cole in the campaign.

"When you play Gears 1 and 2, Player 1 is Marcus, and Player 2 is Dom. The only way to play as Dom in the campaign is to be Player 2," he said. "That cascades down to Players 3 and 4. If you want to play as Baird or Cole in the campaign, the only way you can do that is to play 3 or 4 player co-op."

Bleszinski also noted the team has switched up the storytelling in Gears 3.

"At some point in the campaign, you're not going to be Marcus and Dom. You're going to be another squad, and you're going to experience their section, and you'll see some overlap and they'll merge Pulp Fiction style, which is one of the ways were playing with the stories this time," he said.

There will also be several multiplayer improvements. Bleszinski promised Gears of War 3 will include better region filtering to allow for less laggy games. Fans will also see the return of several old Gears of War multiplayer maps, but he could not say which ones.

Bleszinski also hinted at a possible new squad command system for multiplayer.

"We definitely want to improve the player's ability to play together with their friends and stick together in a party, but we're not announcing how that will work right now."

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Man it's going to suck waiting a year. 4 Player co-op should be the shit though.
    I’m the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information