Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Town Hall discussion about creating an opt-in forum only for military personnel

I have no problem with it, but would be curious if it would be open to direct family members of the military (many of you know my brother is in the special forces) and my father also served so I enjoy military discussions. I'm honestly cool with it either way, but am just curious as to what the rules would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    anything that'll keep that bum davii from spamming the regular forums, i'm all in favor of. . . .

seriously, doesn't matter to me one way or the other. . .

*shrugs*

i do think we should have a beer forum, though. . .
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

I think its a cool idea. I was never military but came really close. Really. close.

But if I cant partake in it, whats the point of asking me? or anyone like us?

I mean there is the hot mans threads or whatever, I am not signed up for them so I never even see them. This is i assume, how the military thing would be. So if we (civis) cant even be a part of it, why bother asking? Just do it or not- esp if we are excluded.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I think its a cool idea. I was never military but came really close. Really. close.

I mean there is the hot mans threads or whatever, I am not signed up for them so I never even see them. This is i assume, how the military thing would be. So if we (civis) cant even be a part of it, why bother asking? Just do it or not- esp if we are excluded.
    Certainly a great point. I dont think any of us would of even known about it until Tned mentioned it. Should of maybe just allowed the mods to vote and then send pm's to the military personnel if it went through. Now, the cats out of the bag.....

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I have no problem with it, but would be curious if it would be open to direct family members of the military (many of you know my brother is in the special forces) and my father also served so I enjoy military discussions. I'm honestly cool with it either way, but am just curious as to what the rules would be.
    I think if we create it, then only active/reserve military, and possibly former military, would have access. Not friends of military, spouses of military, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

The reason to ask you is because BF is a community. This would be a departure, since all other opt-in forums are open to every member, where this one would have an entrance criteria. If we do this, it needs to have the support of the majority of the members.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I think if we create it, then only active/reserve military, and possibly former military, would have access. Not friends of military, spouses of military, etc.

The reason to ask you is because BF is a community. This would be a departure, since all other opt-in forums are open to every member, where this one would have an entrance criteria. If we do this, it needs to have the support of the majority of the members.

oh- in that case. Sign me up for whatever.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Certainly a great point. I dont think any of us would of even known about it until Tned mentioned it. Should of maybe just allowed the mods to vote and then send pm's to the military personnel if it went through. Now, the cats out of the bag.....
    That would be like me never finding out that you like to wear thongs. You don't publicize it, but we all know it.....

j/k of course.

Seriously, we don't want to do something secretly. First, secrets rarely stay secrets. One of the military guys mentions to his friend, that they were talking about _____ in the military forum, and the friend says "what military forum" and then that friend says to another, "did you know we have a secret military forum..." and poof, now we have a big blowup about the secret forum.

If we are going to do this, it has to be after a community discussion (hopefully a long one so that if Thnik is lurking it will drive him crazy ), and then make a decision as a community.

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

What would one have to do provide your DD214 or make a photo copy of your current active duty/reserve/retired ID? Honestly I could care less, I'm not active duty anymore or reserve, but I'm curious what would be issues discussed!
    Last edited by Nomad; 03-15-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

That would be like me never finding out that you like to wear thongs. You don't publicize it, but we all know it.....

j/k of course.

Seriously, we don't want to do something secretly. First, secrets rarely stay secrets. One of the military guys mentions to his friend, that they were talking about _____ in the military forum, and the friend says "what military forum" and then that friend says to another, "did you know we have a secret military forum..." and poof, now we have a big blowup about the secret forum.

If we are going to do this, it has to be after a community discussion (hopefully a long one so that if Thnik is lurking it will drive him crazy ), and then make a decision as a community.
    Equally makes sense. And leave my lace thongs out of this.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

upgraded from latex thongs I see.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

14. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Hmmm, I never heard about your fabric preference....

No more thong talk, I promise.

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    What would one have to do provide your DD214 or make a photo copy of your current active duty/reserve/retired ID? Honestly I could care less, I'm not active duty anymore or reserve, but I'm curious what would be issues discussed!
    If we do it, I figure that's a discussion that would have to take place. As I don't even know what a DD214 is (guessing it's an ID or something), I couldn't say.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Hmmm, I never heard about your fabric preference....

No more thong talk, I promise.
    Yeah leave the thong talk to Clay's thread on Quinn.

19. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

If we do it, I figure that's a discussion that would have to take place. As I don't even know what a DD214 is (guessing it's an ID or something), I couldn't say.

Its discharge papers.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

21. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Question - I have went to google before to find something out about the Broncos, a player on the Broncos, etc., and sometimes it would show a thread on google from BF. Is there a possibility that could happen to this also? And, if that possibility exists, I would think if this new forum is added, whatever is posted should be nothing but general in content.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information