Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Josh wanted Quinn from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    "I am coming for you, Kyle."

He's gonna look hellagood in blue and orange.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Cause he touches guys dicks.
    Take this crap to the lounge Clay. :yardog:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    He's gonna look hellagood in blue and orange.
    :puke:

He looks like a caveman in that photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Different strokes for different folks....I wouldn't kick him outta bed.

Orton and Quinn are very similar in the fact they both have weak arms and struggle to throw the ball deep down the field with accuracy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Orton and Quinn are very similar in the fact they both have weak arms and struggle to throw the ball deep down the field with accuracy.
    Eh? Actually Quinn has a pretty strong arm...anyone who saw him play college ball would know that. The problem he had in Cleveland is lack of talent around him and a system he did not fit well in, not to mention crap coaches...
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Eh? Actually Quinn has a pretty strong arm...anyone who saw him play college ball would know that. The problem he had in Cleveland is lack of talent around him and a system he did not fit well in, not to mention crap coaches...
    I have been surfing the net looking for responses of the trade from others that aren't Broncos fans.

Pretty much the consensus is that Quinn and Orton are pretty similar. Most talk about arm strength.
    This comes from people that saw him in college and in Clev.

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I have been surfing the net looking for responses of the trade from others that aren't Broncos fans.

Pretty much the consensus is that Quinn and Orton are pretty similar. Most talk about arm strength.
    This comes from people that saw him in college and in Clev.
    They're wrong... it is sometimes hard to recognize these things on TV. Did you know Mortenson has long claimed Brady has the strongest arm in the NFL? I would have never even thought that watching him and perhaps Quinn gets that wrap since he's thrown some wobblers in Cleveland... but the overall consensus actually from scouts is that he has a strong arm and is a pure pocket passer. Orton can get the ball deep, but watch him... he has to lunge into those passes and it causes him to be wildly inaccurate. Brady can get it deep while maintaining his throwing form (which would theoretically allow him to be more accurate downfield), but since he hasn't necessarily been accurate downfield... doesn't really matter.... but that was the thing with Jake Plummer ... he throw high arching (punts) of passes deep and was bailed out time and again by Lelie.

So, Quinn's arm > Orton's... Quinn's accuracy downfield so far probably = Orton's... but Quinn CAN actually hit a WR on a slant route who isn't as big as Marshall... something Orton sucks at... so from that standpoint and maybe medium range throws is where you have to look.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker

With the way this thread is going, I would use a different phrase. Just saying
    "I'm petrified of nipple chafing"-Andy Bernard

11. The Following User High Fived ikillz0mbies For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JDL View Post
    They're wrong... it is sometimes hard to recognize these things on TV. Did you know Mortenson has long claimed Brady has the strongest arm in the NFL? I would have never even thought that watching him and perhaps Quinn gets that wrap since he's thrown some wobblers in Cleveland... but the overall consensus actually from scouts is that he has a strong arm and is a pure pocket passer. Orton can get the ball deep, but watch him... he has to lunge into those passes and it causes him to be wildly inaccurate. Brady can get it deep while maintaining his throwing form (which would theoretically allow him to be more accurate downfield), but since he hasn't necessarily been accurate downfield... doesn't really matter.... but that was the thing with Jake Plummer ... he throw high arching (punts) of passes deep and was bailed out time and again by Lelie.

So, Quinn's arm > Orton's... Quinn's accuracy downfield so far probably = Orton's... but Quinn CAN actually hit a WR on a slant route who isn't as big as Marshall... something Orton sucks at... so from that standpoint and maybe medium range throws is where you have to look.
    Guess I'll have to watch some stuff on him and make up my own mind. Thanks for the input, I appriciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL View Post

I'm assuming that the Brady that Mortenson is referring
    to is Tom Brady, rather than Brady Quinn. If so, then I am not surprised.

During the last offseason, when some people were selling Orton hard and a perfect fit for McDaniels offense, they would claim that Brady doesn't have a strong arm, but look how effective he has been.

I pointed out multiple times that Brady does, in fact, have a VERY strong arm, and that the fact that the offense was primarily a short passing offense should not lead you to believe Brady has a noodle arm (some were claiming that Orton had a stronger arm than Brady).

If you watch Brady, when it comes to the long, but non bomb throws, say the 25-35 yard throws, he zips them on a rope, even if it is across the field. When he does throw the bomb, it is a nice, medium arched ball, rather than the big giraffe ass (high and stinks) throws that so many throw when they wind up to throw the long ball.

I have not seen enough of Quinn to have an assessment on his arm. I do think that Orton has a better arm than he is given credit for, but not in the same class as Brady. Orton's problem on long throws is more about being inaccurate than it is about having a weak arm.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    It's very safe to say the FO isn't enamored with Simms. So it is no surprised
    they made a move at least to supplant him . . .

-----

i'd say with the reluctance to sign orton long term..then being willing to trade a potential weapon in hillis shows that they may not be enamored with orton either

im not happy about hillis...but at least we didnt cut him and got some great value for him...quinn will surpass orton soon enough and orton will be sitting on the bench for some other team by 2011

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Take this crap to the lounge Clay. :yardog:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    i'd say with the reluctance to sign orton long term..then being willing to trade a potential weapon in hillis shows that they may not be enamored with orton either

im not happy about hillis...but at least we didnt cut him and got some great value for him...quinn will surpass orton soon enough and orton will be sitting on the bench for some other team by 2011
    Well, if that happens, I will be tickled. Replacing an incumbent starter at any
    position represents an upgrade at that position, improving the team overall. So,
    if Quinn beats out Orton, then we will have a better player at QB. That's the
    way it works, as you know.

Of course, if Orton maintains his starting status, then that still means the
    best QB on the team is there. So either way I'll be happy.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

17. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information