Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh wanted Quinn from the start.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Default Josh wanted Quinn from the start.

Broncos' McDaniels says Brady Quinn was never part of Jay Cutler trade talks: Browns Insider
    By Jamie Turner, The Plain Dealer
    September 16, 2009, 7:09PM

Ed Reinke/Associated PressDenver head coach Josh McDaniels denied reports from last spring that the Broncos attempted to work a trade to get Brady Quinn from the Browns.BEREA, Ohio -- Broncos coach Josh McDaniels denied a report that he inquired about trading for Brady Quinn before the draft and said no talks took place between the two teams.
    The Denver Post reported in April that the Broncos -- who were in the midst of trying to trade Jay Cutler -- called the Browns about Quinn, but were told he was unavailable.

Another report surfaced in the Washington Examiner that the Broncos were involved in three-way trade talks with Washington and Cleveland that would've sent to Quinn to Denver and Cutler to the Redskins. The source told the Examiner it was close to happening until the deal with the Browns unraveled. It also said the Broncos' first preference was Quinn, followed by Chicago's Kyle Orton.

The Broncos ultimately traded Cutler and a fifth-round pick to Chicago for Orton, two-first-round picks and a third.

At the time, Browns coach Eric Mangini said reports of the three-way trade talks were wrong. On Wednesday, during a conference call with Browns media, McDaniels said "no" when asked if he inquired about Quinn.

"There were a few teams that made calls to our organization, [General Manager] Brian Xanders and myself, inquiring about the whole situation with Jay, and Cleveland was not one of them," said McDaniels, a native of Barberton, Ohio. "There weren't that many teams that called to go ahead and put their name in the hat. Chicago obviously ended up being the one that we felt comfortable with and we're very happy that we have Kyle Orton and are moving forward as an organization."
    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...s_brady_q.html

2. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

my problem with this is if he wanted quinn he should have put a package together to get him last year! whats the dif!
    kyle "the fainting goat" orton!
    Josh McDinkieDoink McDaniels
    Greatest HC QB Duo, starring in "MY OFFENSE IS OFFENSIVE"

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

In other words, we should just ignore everything McD says at his press conferences and just wait to see who he actually signs.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I think Josh got the guy he was looking for before he even talked to Chicago. And before you all start jumping to conclusions about my take on it, i'll stop you right there... I think it is McDaniels first good move. Brady has a ton more talent than Orton, a stronger arm and a stronger body. He is young and moldable, and that is exactly what Josh wants. Brady Quinn will start the regular season as Denver's starting quarterback, and I think it is the right move. I am not saying Quinn is Peyton Manning, but under the right tutelage he could live up to his potential and hype out of college.

7. The Following 9 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

i agree good move a year ago! this year not sure! what it says is we traded cutler for a backup qb, 5th string cb and a blocking te! so we really didnt get crap for cutler, who is as good if not better than quinn, i like the move myself, but to learn the offense, probable lock out, aging defense! dont see us gaining much!
    kyle "the fainting goat" orton!
    Josh McDinkieDoink McDaniels
    Greatest HC QB Duo, starring in "MY OFFENSE IS OFFENSIVE"

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

"I am coming for you, Kyle."

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived broncobryce For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

What an effrin homo. Of all the players in the league, this is the one I wanted last. Gosh damn'it.

13. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    What an effrin homo. Of all the players in the league, this is the one I wanted last. Gosh damn'it.
    Maybe he and Kyle can bond easier than most competing quarterbacks....

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Maybe he and Kyle can bond easier than most competing quarterbacks....

2nd worst day of my life.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I think Josh got the guy he was looking for before he even talked to Chicago. And before you all start jumping to conclusions about my take on it, i'll stop you right there... I think it is McDaniels first good move. Brady has a ton more talent than Orton, a stronger arm and a stronger body. He is young and moldable, and that is exactly what Josh wants. Brady Quinn will start the regular season as Denver's starting quarterback, and I think it is the right move. I am not saying Quinn is Peyton Manning, but under the right tutelage he could live up to his potential and hype out of college.
    Great post

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Lets hope Quin doesnt give the whole team aids.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Lets hope Quin doesnt give the whole team aids.
    Clay, you've never played football have you?

Because secure males who play the sport will goof off with friends, even joking about everything from being gay to hemroids...lol.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

21. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Clay, you've never played football have you?

Because secure males who play the sport will goof off with friends, even joking about everything from being gay to hemroids...lol.
    Ive played football but never been gay. Quinn is an effin homo. I cant believe this is happening to me.

23. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

as I posted on the mane. We now have the three gayest QB in the NFL. McDaniels is on a mission to make the sequel to the movie Milk at Dove Valley.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information