Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MNF opens with a battle of losers.

BoltsOwnU is really Philip Rivers... didn't you guys catch on by now?

Come on Rivers... don't you have better things to do than come on to a Broncos forum and start trouble? Did you and Nick Hardwick break up again? I'm sure you can find another guy that will practice snaps in the shower with you. Don't forget your boner shorts.
    Last edited by BOSSHOGG30; 04-02-2008 at 02:30 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    All you'll hear out of them is "You Donkey fans live in the past..."

Well past performance is a good indication of future success...

Except in the case of the Raiders who have a senile old man pulling the strings. What they've achieved in the past will not be repeated until he is no longer involved.

I don't think the Dolts are even in the rivalry picture with the Broncos. you have to have years of success, or beat us when we are good, or win something to be worth mentioning. I guess I dislike the Chuggers because of all the wonderful examples of classless tools, poor sports, and roid freaks they have, not becuase they have done anything meaningful or beat us when something was on the line.
    Yes I know. It's a shame we can't be more like the cap-cheating, gutless, cut blocking, losers in Denver who enjoy the NFL record for consecutive sub .500 seasons. Frankly, I love you bandwagon Denver fans who think your franchise magically appeared in '98 and Elway was your franchise's first QB.

As far as Oakland goes, I don't have time to write that kind of tragic novella.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BoltsOwnU View Post
    Yes I know. It's a shame we can't be more like the cap-cheating, gutless, cut blocking, losers in Denver who enjoy the NFL record for consecutive sub .500 seasons. Frankly, I love you bandwagon Denver fans who think your franchise magically appeared in '98 and Elway was your franchise's first QB.

You do realize that the line of winning started in 1977, right...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

5 losing seasons in 30 years. 6 Super Bowl appearances in that span, so more Super Bowls than losing seasons.

BoltsOwnU...maybe you should take a gander at the record books before being so quick to call Broncos fans bandwagoners and that the franchise didn't exist before 1998.

I don't think anyone can grasp the impact that football has had, or the frenzy for the sport that exists in Denver, especially a Bolts fan.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Oh come on Bolo, don't cop out. And then you know what, we'll compare notes. Some almanac told me the Chargers barely existed before 2004. The hell they say. I would say the Chargers bandwagon is full, but it's more like 17 clowns balancing on a unicycle.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Was it the fact that you are rooting for a loser team that made you such a bitter little lad?

I'm no band wagon fan lad (Day1BroncoFan been there from Day1).
    Merry.

Hey hey, whats up bou!

I see i got you to come over here too. Nice to see ya.

I didnt know you opened up against the raiders, i thought it was us? But you did say losers, so i am not really sure what to think.

Maybe you have come back down to reality and have now realized if you couldnt make it to the big dance the last two years, that you are going to have an even worse chance this year.

I would cry to if philomina was my teams QB. But hey not all teams can be good right. Look at the raiders.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    5 losing seasons in 30 years. 6 Super Bowl appearances in that span, so more Super Bowls than losing seasons.

BoltsOwnU...maybe you should take a gander at the record books before being so quick to call Broncos fans bandwagoners and that the franchise didn't exist before 1998.

I don't think anyone can grasp the impact that football has had, or the frenzy for the sport that exists in Denver, especially a Bolts fan.
    Um, I think you might want to look it up. The Donks do indeed hold the record of 14 consecutive sub .500 seasons. But it's cute that you conveniently just go back 30 years. Good effort, really.

Anyway, the only thing I'm bitter about is MNF opening the season with a yawnfest between two sub-mediocre franchises on their way to an early mathematical elimination from the post-season (as if it is some big surprise).

Um, I think you might want to look it up. The Donks do indeed hold the record of 14 consecutive sub .500 seasons. But it's cute that you conveniently just go back 30 years. Good effort, really.

Anyway, the only thing I'm bitter about is MNF opening the season with a yawnfest between two sub-mediocre franchises on their way to an early mathematical elimination from the post-season (as if it is some big surprise).
    Think of it as something for Merriman to do instead of injecting himself with another round of testosterone cypionate. This game just might keep at least one of your players out of trouble.

About as surprising as rivers being a good qb.

Holly shit! It is a big surprise. Rivers and good in the same sentence. HA HA HA.

aaahh that guy will always suck.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I have never met anyone from San Diego that was a football fan. All the Chargers fans are on the internet.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

So let me get this straight. We are either bandwagon fans that didn't come around until '97, or we're dummies who support a club despite it starting off with a string 14 consecutive .500 seasons.

Well, which is it? Are we die-hard fans who support our club good or bad, or are we bandwagon fair-weather fans?

You'll find most of us were Broncos fans before '97, and even before Elway. We wear those losing seasons, and lost super-bowls as a badge of honor.

The Bronco's were an expansion team when very little favor was paid for expansion teams being behind the curve. We played in a converted baseball season for 30 years, but we have the best fans anywhere despite all this. Because we love our team rain or shine. It's about the organization, and it's about the city of Denver.

But I'd never expect someone from sunny San Diego to ever understand striving to overcome a hurdle and strive for success despite the deck being stacked against you. That sunny weather has you guys expecting everything to be given to you. You think it's enough to accumulate the best starting line-up and most pro-bowlers on the team, but it's not even close.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    So let me get this straight. We are either bandwagon fans that didn't come around until '97, or we're dummies who support a club despite it starting off with a string 14 consecutive .500 seasons.

Well, which is it? Are we die-hard fans who support our club good or bad, or are we bandwagon fair-weather fans?

You'll find most of us were Broncos fans before '97, and even before Elway. We wear those losing seasons, and lost super-bowls as a badge of honor.

The Bronco's were an expansion team when very little favor was paid for expansion teams being behind the curve. We played in a converted baseball season for 30 years, but we have the best fans anywhere despite all this. Because we love our team rain or shine. It's about the organization, and it's about the city of Denver.

But I'd never expect someone from sunny San Diego to ever understand striving to overcome a hurdle and strive for success despite the deck being stacked against you. That sunny weather has you guys expecting everything to be given to you. You think it's enough to accumulate the best starting line-up and most pro-bowlers on the team, but it's not even close.
    Maybe they would understand if they filled up their stadium once and awhile. Didn't they used to call Qualcomm stadium Mile High West for the number of Broncos fans that would attend.

The Chargers are a joke franchise with no history or long term fanbase (oh I guess 500 people are a fanbase). They have always played 3rd fiddle in California behind the 49ers and Raiders.

I hate the Chargers because of some of their classless players. I hate the Raiders and Chiefs because of history, memorable games, and frankly because they matter.

20. The Following 6 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm a bandwagon fan guys. Sorry...I was born in 1981, anyone born after the winning started...well...they must just be a bandwagoner.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Maybe they would understand if they filled up their stadium once and awhile. Didn't they used to call Qualcomm stadium Mile High West for the number of Broncos fans that would attend.

The Chargers are a joke franchise with no history or long term fanbase (oh I guess 500 people are a fanbase). They have always played 3rd fiddle in California behind the 49ers and Raiders.
    The only California team behind the Chargers are the Clippers, yet another San Diego team that played poorly, lost their fans and eventually moved to L.A.

How's that new stadium coming, BOU?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information