Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: It makes no sense

Adopted Bronco:
    Lonnie Paxton

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I just can't find it in my heart to feel bad for a guy who wasted his talent enough to go in the 4th round and then complain about it. And then continually make silly decisions that cost you the chance at big contracts. There are more worthy players to feel bad for. Marshall's actions have dictated his situation.
    I do agree..but still, he's gotta be a little disgruntled with a lot of the schmucks on that list making more than him. His game day contributions were definitely worth more than Mike Leach and Clifford Russell..
    I hate baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Shut up fatty.
    Dear Skinny man,

Clamoring for a guy who has done nothing to ever show that he's trustworthy to get paid is kind of like giving money to a struggling alcoholic to go to a drugstore right next to a liquor store.

The faith that some of the Denver fans have in this guy is strange. He was a first round talent who went in the fourth round because he's an idiot. He then gets suspended for off the field actions and then manages to get suspended twice for quitting on his team.

Yes, you can make a pile of excuses and rationalize some of it. He was never found guilty, McDaniels appears to be very strict, he's young, he is underpaid for his production, etc etc etc.

However, when you get to the point where you have to do that, something's wrong.

For all this talk of Marshall being this studly player, no one's making that much of an effort to get him. He's had one team show any real interest. No one has been knocking down the door to get him, and Denver gave him a lesser tender in an obvious effort to get rid of him.

This guy who produces more than most first rounders hasn't essentially been 'traded' for a first round pick.

Doesn't that tell you anything? In THIS league of all leagues.

Then you get to the flaws of his on the field. He drops a lot of balls, even when you factor in how many time's he's been thrown to. Then you factor in that he has two QB's who force fed him the ball too much, and he STILL can't put up elite yardage numbers. He's hit ten TD's ONE time.

Is he a stud? Oh yeah. Is he Randy Moss or TO good? And that means is he good enough to deal with the absolute amount of drama and garbage that comes with them?

Not. even. close.

Yeah, go ahead and pay THAT guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Lonnie Paxton

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Dear Skinny man,

Clamoring for a guy who has done nothing to ever show that he's trustworthy to get paid is kind of like giving money to a struggling alcoholic to go to a drugstore right next to a liquor store.

The faith that some of the Denver fans have in this guy is strange. He was a first round talent who went in the fourth round because he's an idiot. He then gets suspended for off the field actions and then manages to get suspended twice for quitting on his team.

Yes, you can make a pile of excuses and rationalize some of it. He was never found guilty, McDaniels appears to be very strict, he's young, he is underpaid for his production, etc etc etc.

However, when you get to the point where you have to do that, something's wrong.

For all this talk of Marshall being this studly player, no one's making that much of an effort to get him. He's had one team show any real interest. No one has been knocking down the door to get him, and Denver gave him a lesser tender in an obvious effort to get rid of him.

This guy who produces more than most first rounders hasn't essentially been 'traded' for a first round pick.

Then you get to the flaws of his on the field. He drops a lot of balls, even when you factor in how many time's he's been thrown to. Then you factor in that he has two QB's who force fed him the ball too much, and he STILL can't put up elite yardage numbers. He's hit ten TD's ONE time.

Is he a stud? Oh yeah. Is he Randy Moss or TO good? And that means is he good enough to deal with the absolute amount of drama and garbage that comes with them?

Not. even. close.

Dear King, The people from Dairy Queen just called..they haven't seen you in a half hour and are getting worried..

Love Gator
    I hate baseball!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncogator For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Dear Skinny man,

Not. even. close.

Oh, I agree he's been a schmuck for the most part, and I don't feel sorry for him. The only reason I want him back is because, in my humble opinion, he's the best player we have, and we'd be ****** without him.

No one is jumping on any of the tendered guys for the most part King. If this were last year, I believe Marshall would have already been scooped no matter how much baggage he brought with him.

7. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncogator View Post
    Dear King, The people from Dairy Queen just called..they haven't seen you in a half hour and are getting worried..

Love Gator
    Dear Gator,

They burned my fries. I'm not going back there for a long time. It will probably ruin their business.

Hurt and hungry,

King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I just can't find it in my heart to feel bad for a guy who wasted his talent enough to go in the 4th round and then complain about it. And then continually make silly decisions that cost you the chance at big contracts. There are more worthy players to feel bad for. Marshall's actions have dictated his situation.
    Exactly. I know what Tned is getting at but really Marsh wouldnt even be in this situation had he made better life decisions. The onus is 100% on him and no one else. I cant stress that enough.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Exactly. I know what Tned is getting at but really Marsh wouldnt even be in this situation had he made better life decisions. The onus is 100% on him and no one else. I cant stress that enough.
    I agree 100%, it's all on him. I only bring the list up for those that try and make it seem like he has no reason to feel underpaid. I make the distinction between him being underpaid based on his production, and WHY he is underpaid (being a 4th round pick, and off field problems making Broncos nervious about resigning him).

My only real issue is on the field. We simply don't have a player or players that are likely to make up for his production, and if the last draft is any indication, we are unlikely to draft a player that will make up his production. That's not to say we can't get lucky (like when we drafted Marshall), but the odds are against finding a player close to his talent level.

Head coaches all across the NFL deal with problem players and deal with immature, rich punks. Many ppl on this forum, and others, say, "well, ____ doesn't want to be here, so I don't want him on the team." Yet, we see players all around the NFL demanding trades, but their GMs don't go and trade them. More times than not, when we publicly here about ____ demanding a trade, he is never traded, and sometimes franchised when his contract is up.

A head coaches job is not to honor the requests of a player that wants to leave, it is to put the best team on the field, and that often means figuring out how to deal with high strung, punk players.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Oh, I agree he's been a schmuck for the most part, and I don't feel sorry for him. The only reason I want him back is because, in my humble opinion, he's the best player we have, and we'd be ****** without him.

No one is jumping on any of the tendered guys for the most part King. If this were last year, I believe Marshall would have already been scooped no matter how much baggage he brought with him.
    I agree completely with both of your points.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

I've seen the drops thing mentioned several times... it was more of an issue last year than this year. Could've sworn that I'd heard that it was a lot better this year.

Not sure what sites are good to look at for that stat... google gave me this page. Not sure of its correctness... but it shows Marshall tied with at least 13 other players (it's where the list ends) for 16th place in the league with 7 drops. If it's right, that means there's at least 29 other receivers with as many or more drops than Marshall last year.

Ok... just noticed at the bottom that it's got the Stats Inc logo. That probably means it's accurate.

Doubt there's a lot of 100 catch receivers on that list, too.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/l...iving&rank=232
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

15. The Following User High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I agree 100%, it's all on him. I only bring the list up for those that try and make it seem like he has no reason to feel underpaid. I make the distinction between him being underpaid based on his production, and WHY he is underpaid (being a 4th round pick, and off field problems making Broncos nervious about resigning him).

My only real issue is on the field. We simply don't have a player or players that are likely to make up for his production, and if the last draft is any indication, we are unlikely to draft a player that will make up his production. That's not to say we can't get lucky (like when we drafted Marshall), but the odds are against finding a player close to his talent level.

Head coaches all across the NFL deal with problem players and deal with immature, rich punks. Many ppl on this forum, and others, say, "well, ____ doesn't want to be here, so I don't want him on the team." Yet, we see players all around the NFL demanding trades, but their GMs don't go and trade them. More times than not, when we publicly here about ____ demanding a trade, he is never traded, and sometimes franchised when his contract is up.

A head coaches job is not to honor the requests of a player that wants to leave, it is to put the best team on the field, and that often means figuring out how to deal with high strung, punk players.

I agree completely with both of your points.
    Yea, i only brought you up to distinguish your view vs some of the others that have been posted. I have a better understanding where your coming from there.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Here's a thought, why don't you just discuss the topic, rather than telling the rest of us posters what we should or shouldn't discuss.

I, and the rest of us on this message board, have the right to 'bring up' and 'bitch' as you say, about whatever we would like. Just like you exercised your right to constantly bitch and 'bring up' everything you thought Shanahan and Cutler did wrong, and just like you constantly 'bitch' and 'bring up' how awful and a moron Marshall is.

Sorry I left out "whine" and "cry", but I think you get the point. It's not about other posters, its about the topic of the thread, which in this case is salaries.

As to rookie salaries, I hope you are right about the next CBA having a rookie cap, as some of them are crazy. When someone like Sanchez gets more guaranteed money than any QB in history, or something like that, without ever taking a snap, there are major problems with rookie salaries.

I merely put the comments in a bout do not bring up this or that because some folks will indeed bring up it unless preempted. Just wanted to not have to remind them again why.

If they really want to discuss it, it is a free forum for them to express their own minds.

I truly believe that there will be rookie caps as those that are agreeing to the new CBA will all already have their money and most would have more IF the un-proven rookies were not getting over bloated contracts. the only folks voting on this area are Veterans and they are going to throw the rookies to the wolves.

When they signed the last CBA I do not think anyone saw the guaranteed money and run away contracts for rookies as an issue.

Much like when they first developed Free agency they thought that owners would be responsible and not drive prices through the roof for some guys.
    Then the Signing bonus loop hole was found and we all have seen what happened there.

19. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I truly believe that there will be rookie caps as those that are agreeing to the new CBA will all already have their money and most would have more IF the un-proven rookies were not getting over bloated contracts. the only folks voting on this area are Veterans and they are going to throw the rookies to the wolves.

When they signed the last CBA I do not think anyone saw the guaranteed money and run away contracts for rookies as an issue.

Much like when they first developed Free agency they thought that owners would be responsible and not drive prices through the roof for some guys.
    Then the Signing bonus loop hole was found and we all have seen what happened there.
    The union made some big miscalculations. They thought the owners were terified of an uncapped year, obviously they weren't. The union leader De Smith, implied that if the Owners wanted a rookie cap, they would have to concede something, even though that cap would benefit the vast majority of the players in their union.

It seems the union made some major miscalculations, thinking that they had the owners a bit over the barrel with their need for a rookie cap and fear of the uncapped year, when in hindsight, those issues weren't the huge bargaining chip that the union thought.

The union made some big miscalculations. They thought the owners were terified of an uncapped year, obviously they weren't. The union leader De Smith, implied that if the Owners wanted a rookie cap, they would have to concede something, even though that cap would benefit the vast majority of the players in their union.

It seems the union made some major miscalculations, thinking that they had the owners a bit over the barrel with their need for a rookie cap and fear of the uncapped year, when in hindsight, those issues weren't the huge bargaining chip that the union thought.

Lots of fubars happened in the last few CBA's

This one will get fixed I'm sure of that.

Millions of wasted money going to unproven players and frankly the top ten or fifteen in each year are the ones that are causing the grief for the rest of the teams.

I dont' think the rookie cap is a big concern for the owners. It never has been.

It came into light once the owners wanted to get the fans in their corner. Someone pointed out on ESPN radio, not long ago, how the rookie cap was never amongst the owners top list of priorities.. UNTIL they were trying to put pressure on (and used example after example of this being true).

The fans are much more bothered by the rookie cap than the owners are.

There are just so many dilemmas caused by a rookie cap. Problems that trickle down, and problems that the players union probably won't give in.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

The NFL is thriving even in this economic turmoil! While I believe rookies should earn their way up, the union won't ask for pay cuts for rookies unless it helps out the retirees but they will try and get both!! I wonder what players pay in dues!!

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

jamarcus russell makes about 3 million bucks per touchdown.....i'd say something has to be done !

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information