Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Royals 08 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MHCBill View Post
    Wow!... Those were some powerhouse line-ups!!!
    Well, clearly, you're not going to discuss anything and just want to rag on the Royals, so I'll drop it.

The guy has 166 big league home runs. He's not a complete hack.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

1997 - Rookie, lineup with Kevin Young, Al Martin, Jason Kendall
    1998 - lineup with Kevin Young, Al Martin, Jason Kendall
    1999 - lineup with Kevin Young, Al Martin, Jason Kendall, Brian Giles, Ed Sprague
    2000 - Lineup with Greg Vaughn, McGriff, Gerald Williams, Castilla, Canseco
    2001 - Lineup with Greg Vaughn, McGriff
    2002 - Not big numbers in a lineup with Steve Finlry and Luis Gonzalez
    2003 - Hit .337 with 23 HR in a line-up with Griffey and Dunn
    2004 - 27 HR in a lineup with Vlad Guerrero, Garrett Anderson and Try Glaus
    2005 - Weak Nationals lineup
    2006 - In a lineup with Soriano, Zimmerman and Johnson
    2007 - In a lineup with Sexson, Ibanez and Beltre

I wouldn't say these are the best teams in baseball history, but far from the weakest lineups.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

He's not a complete hack, but he hardly puts fear into the opposing pitcher... so to speak.

I mean, if he's any team's #4 hitter that just tells me that team has a very, very poor offense.

Again, I don't think the Royals have a shot winning over 70 games. Just an opinion...

Maybe if they play the O's every other week! Right Coach?
    [

Adopted Bronco:

He's not a complete hack, but he hardly puts fear into the opposing pitcher... so to speak.

I mean, if he's any team's #4 hitter that just tells me that team has a very, very poor offense.

Again, I don't think the Royals have a shot winning over 70 games. Just an opinion...

Maybe if they play the O's every other week! Right Coach?
    They could win 100 if they played the O's all the time. Kevin Millar is our clean up hitter. He makes Guillen look like Ryan Howard

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Man, the O's were fun to watch in the mid to late 90's... Palmerio, Alomar, Ripken, Mussina, Anderson...
    [

Adopted Bronco:

Man, the O's were fun to watch in the mid to late 90's... Palmerio, Alomar, Ripken, Mussina, Anderson...
    ...Bonilla, Hoiles, Surhoff, Bordick, Hammonds, Baines, Davis, Belle, Segui

Or as I like to refer to them...The Roidioles

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

I wonder if there was a COSTCO for steroids in the Baltimore area?
    [

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Clearly, the Royals didn't take enough.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

Great game Monday. The Royals are my 2nd favorite team (1st is the mean, nasty, evil, despicable, and very uncouth Yankees). I've followed the Royals dating back to their heated rivalry with my Yankees when my grandpa (R.I.P. -- HUGE Royals fan) and I watched many, many, many games together.

My son and I will be at the Royals/White Sox game August 3rd and the Royals/ red soxgame August 4th.

I'm not happy that the Yankees only visit during the school year (and not on a weekend, or we could have went to a game or 2), but it will be cool to root for the Royals.

The Royals pen should be strong this season and I'm OK with the offense. Get Hochevar up and I like the rotation.

Too busy following the Yankees minor leaguers to keep up with KC's.... what other prospects might break through with the Royals this season?

Minor league regular season starts Thursday. I watch a lot of AAA games and listen to AA games when possible. Nothing better than watching kids in AAA, then seeing them deliver in the majors.

Adopted Bronco:

I wonder if there was a COSTCO for steroids in the Baltimore area?
    Sure was...it was owned by David Segui who later sold it to Miguel Tejada

Adopted Bronco:

Random question

I was always a big Palmeiro fan all of his career and to this day, i really find it hard to believe that he was a steroid user. Considering that Tejada was named in Canseco's first book and how many Orioles have nee busted lately...does anyone think it just might be possible that Raffy was telling the truth when he said he was given the steroids from Tejada without his knowing and that Miggy saying it was a vitamin B12 shot is a load if crap? Just curious what the baseball world thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Random question

I was always a big Palmeiro fan all of his career and to this day, i really find it hard to believe that he was a steroid user. Considering that Tejada was named in Canseco's first book and how many Orioles have nee busted lately...does anyone think it just might be possible that Raffy was telling the truth when he said he was given the steroids from Tejada without his knowing and that Miggy saying it was a vitamin B12 shot is a load if crap? Just curious what the baseball world thinks.
    It is crap. He knew. They all knew. It was ACCEPTED at the time.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:

I know it was accepted at first, but I mean for him to get busted right after being on on capitol hill. Just seemed a little stupid and risky. Not to mention...I've met the guy quite a few times...NOTHING about him says RoidHead.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Adopted Bronco:

BTW Andy...I tild DC you said HI and he said he missed you and was looking forward to another foot massage. Not sure what that means, but I told him I'd tell you.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information