Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Royals 08 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    The Royals are only like 6 games behind .500
    On pace for 75 wins.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Sounds like a good time, KB...

95% of the "Boston fans" couldn't even find Boston on a map.

Little warm for ya?

We caught a big break there. Club level seats were in the shade for the whole game Saturday and for all but maybe an inning last night. Nice breeze made it bearable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MHCBill View Post
    There is no possible way the Royals win 70+ games this year... they stink!
    They just won their 70th.

No great accomplishment, but, after winning 69 in 2007, a 1 game improvement shouldn't have been viewed as impossible.

5. The Following User High Fived keithbishop For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hmmm...74 wins and third place...

How's the crow?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

I'll take my plate of crow... good thing they got real hot the last two weeks.

However, they could push 80 wins next year.
    [

8. The Following User High Fived MHCBill For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MHCBill View Post
    I'll take my plate of crow... good thing they got real hot the last two weeks.

However, they could push 80 wins next year.
    Don't jinx 'em....

There's still a lot of holes, and nothing to fill them from down in the minors. I'm skeptical...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sweet! More first basemen!

KC acquires power-hitting Jacobs
    Royals send reliever Nunez to Marlins for first baseman

By Dick Kaegel / MLB.com

KANSAS CITY -- The Royals acquired power-hitting first baseman Mike Jacobs from the Florida Marlins on Thursday for right-handed reliever Leo Nunez.

Jacobs, who turned 28 on Thursday, should answer the Royals' need for a proven power hitter. He had career highs of 32 home runs and 93 RBIs for the Marlins last season. A left-handed hitter, he batted .247 and had an on-base percentage of .299.

The Marlins were looking for relief help, and Nunez was 4-1 with a 2.98 ERA in 45 games last season. He was on the disabled list from May 29 to July 21 with a strained right lat.

The Marlins see Nunez as a late-inning setup man or perhaps a closer candidate down the line.

Jacobs, is eligible for arbitration for the first time, and his salary is expected to rise to roughly $3.5 million in 2009.

The addition of Jacobs creates an even bigger jam at first base for the Royals, who already have Ryan Shealy, Ross Gload, Billy Butler and Kila Ka'aihue lined up there.

None of them, however, have the Major League power credentials of Jacobs. In one year with the New York Mets and the last three with the Marlins, Jacobs has a total of 80 home runs, 98 doubles and 247 RBIs in 421 games. His career average is .262.

The Marlins acquired Jacobs from the Mets on Thanksgiving night 2005 as part of the Carlos Delgado trade.

The Royals-Marlins deal had been in the works during the World Series, and by Wednesday night, it was essentially completed pending a review of medical records.

Jacobs was part of history for Florida this season. The Marlins became the first team in MLB history to have four infielders each connect on 25 or more home runs. Shortstop Hanley Ramirez had 33, while Jacobs and second baseman Dan Uggla each finished with 32. Third baseman Jorge Cantu delivered 29.
    We now have: Ryan Shealy, Billy Butler, Ross Gload, Mike Jacobs and Kila Ka'aihue. Meanwhile, we have a 40-year old 2B, a 2B playing shortstop and the future SS is at Single-A. Nice.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Sweet! More first basemen!

We now have: Ryan Shealy, Billy Butler, Ross Gload, Mike Jacobs and Kila Ka'aihue. Meanwhile, we have a 40-year old 2B, a 2B playing shortstop and the future SS is at Single-A. Nice.
    Its a sad day when the only Royals that I actually remember all played back in the day.

George Brett, Dennis Lenard, Willie Wilson, Hal McRae, Darryl Porter
    UL Washington, Dan Quizinberry, Willie "Mays" Aikens, Frank White, Charlie Leibrandt, Al Cowens and Dane Iorg and George Orta who was out on that play at 2nd base vs St Louis in 85

I cant name more than 2 Royals on the current team.

the only ones that come to mind without cheating are

The lefty Pitcher Bannister and shit only one..the other was the pitcher
    who used to play for Seattle, his name esapes me

13. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    Its a sad day when the only Royals that I actually remember all played back in the day.

UL Washington, Dan Quizinberry, Willie "Mays" Aikens, Frank White, Charlie Leibrandt, Al Cowens and Dane Iorg and George Orta who was out on that play at 2nd base vs St Louis in 85

Well, I just named five

I root fairly geographically Med...when I moved here I started rooting for the Royals, and my dad was a big Bo Jackson fan back in the day before the Rockies, so it wasn't that hard...

1. DeJesus, CF
    2. Teahen, LF
    3. Gordon, 3B
    4. Guillen, RF
    5. Butler, DH
    6. Jacobs, 1B
    7. Aviles, SS
    8. Buck, C
    9. Grudzielanek, 2B

Starting to look like a better lineup. Starting.

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yes.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1001677.html

Greinke agrees to four-year deal with Royals
    By BOB DUTTON
    The Kansas City Star

The Royals reached agreement Monday morning with right-handed pitcher Zack Greinke on a four-year contract that buys out his first two seasons of free-agent eligibility.

Financial terms were not immediately available.

The deal comes after Greinke, 25, produced a breakout season in 2008 by going 13-10 with a 3.47 ERA in 32 starts. He achieved career highs in numerous categories, including victories, innings and strikeouts.

Greinke had sought $4.4 million through arbitration before agreeing to the multi-year contract. The Royals had offered $3.4 million. He made $1.4 million last season.

The deal is expected to be confirmed this afternoon in a downtown news conference.

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post

same here Med...those are the good ole days when KC won the WS.
    They had a hell of coach in Howser.Sadly he passed away a couple of years later and The Quiz is gone too

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information