Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Seattle's silence says Marshall's move unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I hope so. Unlike many fans on this forum, I am more focused on production than emotions. The team is better with him on the field, period.
    You're one of my favorite posters, so I'm just going to highlight the part that set you up for one helluva zinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

How many of those other 'star' receivers were RFA's with first round tenders, vs. just being free agents that were signed. How many 1st round tendered RFA's have been signed to offere sheets, whether WRs or other positions? As far as I know, I think the number is zero.

While I have no doubt that Marhsall's history, and McDaniels action in week 17 has frightened some teams, the fact that non RFA's are moving is also likely indicative of concern about the CBA, and teams being unwilling to both give up first round compensation and a big contract for anyone.
    I hope so. Unlike many fans on this forum, I am more focused on production than emotions. The team is better with him on the field, period.

Thx, T...

Course, not sure where I said anything about the movement of RFAs related to CBA NOT having anything to do with this...seems like a legitimate point and I agree...

...so...?

I was more talking about the man himself and happy Bronc's Inc. was staying the course.

BL, if I bet the house, I'd say that 1) BM figured he'd get RFA status (everyone here did anyway and I don't think that surprised anyone), and 2) he figured that regardless of the RFA status and CBA issues, he would have already been out of Denver or at least generated a lot more interest than has been to date.

But, he's a gifted receiver for sure...no doubt about that and TWT.

As always, it's all good bud...
    Last edited by Broncolingus; 03-10-2010 at 11:52 PM.

4. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

I could care less whether we keep him or trade him...but what I REALLY dont want to happen is to not be able to reach terms with another team this year and have Brandon leave next offseason with us getting nothing in return.

Either sign the guy or trade him...even if its not a top 10 pick. If you don't plan on signing him long term, then deal him now please.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    I could care less whether we keep him or trade him...but what I REALLY dont want to happen is to not be able to reach terms with another team this year and have Brandon leave next offseason with us getting nothing in return.

Either sign the guy or trade him...even if its not a top 10 pick. If you don't plan on signing him long term, then deal him now please.
    The Broncos offered Brandon a contract before last season, and he turned it down. I would assume, if he is a Bronco this year, and he keeps his nose clean, they will offer him a contract again. I, for one, hope he has matured, as I would love to see him stay a Bronco.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Honestly, this is an interesting situation to me. He turned down the offer from us last year because there was almost no guaranteed money. This restricted free agency period allows us to find out what the kid is worth to the REST of the league. I'm damn near positive that if we offer him a contract again this coming year, it will have guaranteed money (maybe not as much as he wanted come the start of this free agency period) based on the fact that he's generally stayed out of trouble. In no way am I convincing myself that I'll be wearing my Marshall jersey next season, but at the same time, Tned is absolutely correct. We are a much better team with Brandon Marshall on the field.

SHORYUKEN!

10. The Following User High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I suspect that BM will be his worst enemy considering his past. Although he is one charming SOB when he smiles.

Hopefully they will bite on that and not his record.
    you are gay! LMAO, Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm right there with ya. Marshall needs to stay a Bronco. Were a better team with him!

Adopted Bronco:
    John Albert Elway: Champion Forever!

In a perfect world he signs here for a reasonable long term contract that protects the team if he does screw up. Continuing the fantasy, he grows up, gives back to the community sincerely, produces like a mutha on the field, and contributes to constant deep playoff runs and a couple of titles on his way to Canton....

.... (he wakes up)
    That's right b!+ches, the Denver BRONCOS are Back!!!

14. The Following User High Fived xzn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    we can always franchise him next year if need be. . .

Quote Originally Posted by xzn View Post
    In a perfect world he signs here for a reasonable long term contract that protects the team if he does screw up. Continuing the fantasy, he grows up, gives back to the community sincerely, produces like a mutha on the field, and contributes to constant deep playoff runs and a couple of titles on his way to Canton....

....and shortly after his retirement, makes headlines again when he enters a celebrity athlete cagefighter event and brutally mauls former NHL thug Todd Bertuzzi.

.... (he wakes up)
    while you're dreaming. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Yea, I'm sure his 320 or so receptions in the last three years won't even come into play.
    Guess you did not catch my drift

Record as in misdeeds, time spent with the commish, police reports, number of arrests. If they look at that over the number of catches that may indeed be part of the reason he is not a hawk already.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You're one of my favorite posters, so I'm just going to highlight the part that set you up for one helluva zinger.

I just go back to the fact that Mike Anderson, a beloved Bronco, was suspended for 4 times as many games as Marshall has in his career. It took failed druig tests for Anderson to get suspended (they don't announce or suspend on the first failed test), which meant if he smoked weed -- or inhaled too much second hand smoke for the third time -- he would have been suspended for one year.

Not too many people were saying, "cut Anderson, we can't risk keeping him on the team and having him get a one year suspenson."

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    Thx, T...

Course, not sure where I said anything about the movement of RFAs related to CBA NOT having anything to do with this...seems like a legitimate point and I agree...

...so...?

I was more talking about the man himself and happy Bronc's Inc. was staying the course.

BL, if I bet the house, I'd say that 1) BM figured he'd get RFA status (everyone here did anyway and I don't think that surprised anyone), and 2) he figured that regardless of the RFA status and CBA issues, he would have already been out of Denver or at least generated a lot more interest than has been to date.

But, he's a gifted receiver for sure...no doubt about that and TWT.

As always, it's all good bud...
    In genreal I agree. My guess (and that's all it is) is that Marshall thought he would get a pretty big offer, pretty quick and would be courted by multiple teams. Anyone that follows the local or national press on twitter or elsewhere knows that they thought the same thing. However, in the last week, they have also pointed out how cautious teams are being, especially in terms of signing RFA's.

Nobody knew how teams would react to the uncapped year and CBA uncertainty. It was towards the end of the season, when it started to be clear it likely wouldn't be the huge bidding war (in general, not just for Marshall) that the players expected in an uncapped year. This became apparent when the owners where playing hardball and had no desire to cave to the players union, who had been under the belief that owners were terrifed of out of control spending in the uncapped year. Instead, owners looked at it as an opportunity to get out of contracts they don't want (cap hits don't matter), no requirement to hit the minimum team salary levels, and no desire to sign big, long term contracts without knowing what the new CBA will look like.

All that said, I think McDaniels wants him gone, so in the end, he will take whatever compensation he can get, even if that means taking a 2nd round or multiple picks. So, if no team signs him to an offer sheet, I can see Brandon eventually signing his tender offer, and then the Broncos trading him and his one year contract to someone for whatever we can get. Then, with that pick, we will almost certainly pick someone with FAR less talent and impact on the field.

Then again, I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I am far from an expert this morning...

18. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    Interesting posts in this thread...

Seattle's - let alone the rest of the NFLs - 'silence' is proof positive of what the league as a whole thinks about BM...

Interesting to note that almost every other 'star' receiver in the league - with the exception of T.O (who is admittedly getting some years on him now) is gone and dude is really all that's left with only one (maybe two) teams showing any real interest.

Personally, I'm delighted...and I love the fact even more that Denver's brass is sticking to their guns and not giving him away.

What a great 'ego-check' for this young man...
    Spot on Lingus! Teams know what will happen next time Marshall has another episode of Mr Hyde and they don't want to throw the money he is requesting!! If anybody takes him, it'll be the Bengals. But that's says alot about Marshall that a team would rather gamble on an unproven #6 than a proven WO in the NFL, then again Seattle also has more pressing needs than a WO (no matter how good they are).

Oh well, kinda like Tagger, I'm ready to move on! Marshall will not change but it's almost to the point I don't care what the BRONCOS do anymore!!

20. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Spot on Lingus! Teams know what will happen next time Marshall has another episode of Mr Hyde and they don't want to throw the money he is requesting!! If anybody takes him, it'll be the Bengals. But that's says alot about Marshall that a team would rather gamble on an unproven #6 than a proven WO in the NFL, then again Seattle also has more pressing needs than a WO (no matter how good they are).

Oh well, kinda like Tagger, I'm ready to move on! Marshall will not change but it's almost to the point I don't care what the BRONCOS do anymore!!
    Ok, since we all know what it says about Marshall.

What does it say about Dumervil? How many teams have talked to him? I forget, what's the highest offer he's gotten so far from another team?

What about Orton?

Miles Austin? Mike Bell? Ronnie Brown? Pierre Thomas? Braylon Edwards? Vincent Jackson?

And all the other offensive restricted free agents, not to mention all the RFA's on defense that have not been given an offer sheet by any team.

It's great to focus only on Marshall and his trip to Seattle and say, "see, everyone sees he's one McDonalds wrapper away from a 8 game suspension", but the reality is that nobody is signing or having serious talks with the restricted free agents, because with the uncertainty with the CBA, teams don't want to both give big contracts and give up draft picks.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

Amen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by xzn View Post

.... (he wakes up)
    Bwhahahahahahahahahaaa!

Ok, im good....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information