Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: EA announces Madden 09 official ship date

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick7 View Post
    360 owners...quick question. Is this years much different from last years? I bought '08 but I played about 6 games and put it on the shelf.

I could give two shits about setting hot dog prices, I really want to know if there's any changes to game play.
    I like it so far... but last year's ended up on a shelf for me too... I'm with MB... I think this is a definate improvement.

Not sure why... but if nothing else... even the repetitive commentators is better than the 'radio' feel they went for previously.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I feel like the graphics are 10x better, imo. Franchise has seemed OK so far, nothing overly new or improved to it...though finances really aren't that important if you ask me. If you win in that game, you make money.

I just feel like its a better game...hard to describe, I guess, but I'm far from a hardcore maddenite.
    Maybe it's your new TV that enhanced the graphics?

I'm far from a Maddenite too, but I miss a good football game. Thanks MB. If I can find a copy I might pick it up. I'd like to get NCAA too. I'm sure the Buffs are much improved.

My gamertag is slickdonkey7. Feel free to add me (anyone). I'm usually on a couple times a month. It'd be fun to BS with some of you on Live.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MattWood View Post
    Im on Xbox 360 BTW..MissouriBronc..My Xboxlive gamertag is Grumpybear89
    Mine is...lol...MissouriBronc.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Jeez guys... Let me go get a pencil... these are all so confusing...

Mine's no better...

LordTrychon.
    Last edited by LordTrychon; 08-16-2008 at 01:06 AM.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

I've figured out the running game on this game. There are 3 things that can help you and I will list them in order of importance:

3) Spin move. When you find yourself ready to get tackled in the backfield before you've had a chance to move, use the spin move and it will 99% of the time shake the opposing defender.

2) Follow your Fullback. The Fullback will pave the best route for you to run. Just run wherever he runs and you will get a solid few yards.

1) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, know when to sprint. Don't sprin as soon as you get the ball or else you won't be able to get a burst when you need it. If you are running to the outside, THEN sprint immediately, or if you are cutting back, then sprint immediately. When you are trying to hit a hole in the inside, sprint just befre you're going to hit the hole, not when you just get the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    I've figured out the running game on this game. There are 3 things that can help you and I will list them in order of importance:

3) Spin move. When you find yourself ready to get tackled in the backfield before you've had a chance to move, use the spin move and it will 99% of the time shake the opposing defender.

2) Follow your Fullback. The Fullback will pave the best route for you to run. Just run wherever he runs and you will get a solid few yards.

1) AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, know when to sprint. Don't sprin as soon as you get the ball or else you won't be able to get a burst when you need it. If you are running to the outside, THEN sprint immediately, or if you are cutting back, then sprint immediately. When you are trying to hit a hole in the inside, sprint just befre you're going to hit the hole, not when you just get the ball.
    good madden players were doing this since the ps1 days. beware, that spin move will make you fumble. especially if you go against guys that know how to strip the ball.

4-1 in my Broncos Franchise with Custom Sliders from Operation Sports (= They are realistic sliders that the average player would struggle with).

My running game sucks, but Cutler is leading the league in QB Rating, Pass yards and Pass TD. Brandon Marshall is leading the league in Receptions, Receiving yards and Receiving TD's.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    4-1 in my Broncos Franchise with Custom Sliders from Operation Sports (= They are realistic sliders that the average player would struggle with).

My running game sucks, but Cutler is leading the league in QB Rating, Pass yards and Pass TD. Brandon Marshall is leading the league in Receptions, Receiving yards and Receiving TD's.
    To help with your running, change up the snap count, and try not to shift the lineman too often. Also, run out of goalline on first down. It works like a charm. Just some pointers.

Just had a chance to look at mine. I was out of town last week when it arrived. The main game disc was loose rattling around and has circular scratches all over it. Will try it tonight, but am having Amazon replace it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information