Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The "hair rule" and the "force out"

Default The "hair rule" and the "force out"

I don't think these are official new rules yet but I love them.

I don't know what it is but I can't stand seeing player's hair flying around behind them as they run around the field. To me the best play in the NFL since Elway did the helicopter was whenn Larry Johnson pulled Polumalu down by his hair. Anyway it looks like they are not going to allow hair to be exposed if it comes out of the helmet. I like it, great move!

The incidental face maske call will be removed, now you just get the 15 yarder if you actually tug on the helmet... I like this rule makes sense.

And the one that really bugged me was the force out rule. I had nothing but hate for the rule allowing the officials to judge a catch that came down out of bounds saying that "if the defender wouldn't have pushed him out, he would have came down in bounds". I always thought, "well IF the defender wasn't there he would have made a touchdown on every play". Fact is, the defender was there and did his job defending. Great rule!

Three good rules I think!

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived TimBuff10 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

I agree with you on the hair rule.

Not sure how I feel on the facemask rule...I can see this being exploited. I can see people complaining when someone gets 15 for what is a mild facemask.

I dont like relaxing the forceout rule.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I don't like any of those rules...
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

5. The Following User High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

The hair rule....blah. If the guy wants his hair friggen long, what is it hurting the NFL? If the guy doesn't grab his hair it's most likely a horse collar. If they are worried about image, I don't think the hair is the problem. Perhaps they should look at taking away huge contracts to a rookie who in most likelihood has never seen that kind of money and he goes a bit out of control. Perhaps that is a rule better visited.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Did they vote on a rule that will limit or get rid of the hip hop culture/image in the sport?

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm indifferent on the hair rule, although I'll say I wouldn't have my job if I had hair like that. If that's what the NFL wants, so be it.

Thought the incidental face-mask rule was stupid. If it get's tugged, penalty. If it's just touched, BFD.

Don't like the change to the force out rule either.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    Did they vote on a rule that will limit or get rid of the hip hop culture/image in the sport?
    Correctumundo. Quoted for truth.

i LOVE the hair rule. i can't stand that...

i don't get the facemask rule... is any facemask going to be 15 yards, or will it be only tugs that receive a penalty at all? if the rule is just abolition of the incidental, then i like it, but if they are going to just call all facemasks a 15 yard penalty, then i don't like it.

so corners can just push a guy out of bounds now? not even give him any chance to get his feet in bounds? that's going to eliminate a lot of scoring, that the nfl has been doing everything they can to increase...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    i LOVE the hair rule. i can't stand that...

i don't get the facemask rule... is any facemask going to be 15 yards, or will it be only tugs that receive a penalty at all? if the rule is just abolition of the incidental, then i like it, but if they are going to just call all facemasks a 15 yard penalty, then i don't like it.

so corners can just push a guy out of bounds now? not even give him any chance to get his feet in bounds? that's going to eliminate a lot of scoring, that the nfl has been doing everything they can to increase...
    The face mask rule is pretty much saying they are getting rid of what would normally be called for a 5 yard face mask... the 15 yard rule will still be in effect.

As for the out of bounds rule... yes the defensive guy can actully do something besides stand there and look pretty. About time they give the defense some power to stop an offensive player.

15. The Following User High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mario Haggan

I really don't like the out of bounds rule, I think you are going to see a lot of guys going for big hits on receivers who are trying to catch a ball so that they can knock them out of bounds. It seems pretty dangerous to me, they are just asking for trouble.

The face mask rule is pretty much saying they are getting rid of what would normally be called for a 5 yard face mask... the 15 yard rule will still be in effect.
    k i like that then...

so happy about the hair. i can't wait to see polamalu's helmet

that he needs to fit that hair-do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fan in Exile View Post
    I really don't like the out of bounds rule, I think you are going to see a lot of guys going for big hits on receivers who are trying to catch a ball so that they can knock them out of bounds. It seems pretty dangerous to me, they are just asking for trouble.
    They didn't take way the rule about hitting a defenseless receiver... i'm sure they will get the 15 yarder if it gets to dangerous.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mario Haggan

That's a good point, it still seems like they are asking for trouble though.

The hair rule isn't a bad one as long as the NFL doesn't force the player to cut their hair. I see no problem with the players having to tuck their hair in their jersey or keep it from covering their name on their jersey.

22. The Following User High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

The hair rule isn't a bad one as long as the NFL doesn't force the player to cut their hair. I see no problem with the players having to tuck their hair in their jersey or keep it from covering their name on their jersey.

So you are saying it is a bad idea for every other business out there that doesn't let people work there if their long hair is more important than their job?

The way it reads right now, they are just required to have any hair that comes out of their helmet be tucked back in the helmet. If you have ever worn a football helmet beyond sitting in front of your TV you know that tucking in alot of hair to fit in there isn't going to make for a good fit.

My question is, when the hair does pop out will there be fines or 5, 10, or 15 yard penalties? I am betting they play it like the rule with the socks and just do fines but yardage penalties would be fun too.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information