Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NFL Network State of the Franchise

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Default NFL Network State of the Franchise

If this has already been posted my apologies.

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid...000d5d807582ee

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Flatinum For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Thanks Flatinum,

I don't watch NFL network (don't have it)...so I don't know who that studio host is off the top of my head...but he wants us to go get a Brandon Marshall, and he wants us to go get a Dominique Foxworth. I think that was a poor analysis, but other than that, a good watch. Wilcots hit the nail on the head with improving the trenches and stating that we need Travis Henry to step it up and jump-start the running game.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Thanks Flatinum,

I don't watch NFL network (don't have it)...so I don't know who that studio host is off the top of my head...but he wants us to go get a Brandon Marshall, and he wants us to go get a Dominique Foxworth. I think that was a poor analysis, but other than that, a good watch. Wilcots hit the nail on the head with improving the trenches and stating that we need Travis Henry to step it up and jump-start the running game.
    I too was a little suprised at Jamie Dukes "needs" for the team (OL,WR,CB). OL I agree they need to upgrade, as for WR - Denver need's a no.2 not a no.1 as he says. He didn't even mention DL, although Wilcots did.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Flatinum View Post
    I too was a little suprised at Jamie Dukes "needs" for the team (OL,WR,CB). OL I agree they need to upgrade, as for WR - Denver need's a no.2 not a no.1 as he says. He didn't even mention DL, although Wilcots did.
    There are like 3 teams that Dukes talks about 80% of the time and one of them is the Cowboys. Its pretty obvious he just plays to the #s of viewers cause he wants his show to do well. But as far as the rest of the teams are concerned expect little to no due diligence from him.

For the longest time Dukes was talking about Dallas using their two first round picks to trade up and get McFadden-- he still does. But for the longest time he was oblivious to the fact that they still didnt have enough points to move into the top 5 like he was talking about. This went on for several weeks until the combine, I think, where Schefter followed up on Dukes' commentary by referring to the point value chart. Dukes says a lot without saying much. I used to like him as a call a spade a spade guy but since he has had his own show he has sold out to empty rhetoric and playing up to the #s of viewers.

And another thing, NFLN is in Los Angeles which interfaces with a thread I made not long ago. Im not sayin'...Im just sayin'.

And FWIW, Ryan and Kirwan, both California guys, have devoted considerable commentary to such items as Myers going to Texas or not paying Elam 3 million per year. And they really were jumping up and down when Champ complained about not re-signing Elam for 3 mil per year. Regardless of what one may think, the commentary was diproportionate to the significance of those moves.
    Last edited by lex; 03-27-2008 at 09:55 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived lex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If this has already been posted my apologies.

http://www.nfl.com/videos;jsessionid...000d5d807582ee
    I missed it when it came on television, so thanks for bring this clip from NFL Network.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Dukes also said Cutler needs playmakers and then went on to mention a running back.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Dukes also said Cutler needs playmakers and then went on to mention a running back.
    Seemed to really want Thenry to step up..

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Seemed to really want Thenry to step up..
    Solomon Wilcot mentioned Henry and Dukes mentioned drafting a running back.

12. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

Jamie Dukes sucks.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Stand Ablaze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Stand Ablaze View Post
    Jamie Dukes sucks.
    If that's what his analysis is on a consistent basis, I would agree...He described Marshall and Foxworth when he said we needed to pick up a WR with 1400 yards and depth at CB...it's like, uh, duh.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Thanks for the clip. I try to keep an eye on it so I know when they are going to talk about Denver.

I agree with most of what they said as far as OL, WR, and DL. We wont have to worry about CB if we can get some pressure up front.

As far as Cutler and T.Henry......get a better OL and that will solve that problem.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

18. The Following User High Fived broncosfanscott For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    If that's what his analysis is on a consistent basis, I would agree...He described Marshall and Foxworth when he said we needed to pick up a WR with 1400 yards and depth at CB...it's like, uh, duh.
    It was Solomon Wilcot that said we need to improve the depth at corner back if I remember correctly.

It was Solomon Wilcot that said we need to improve the depth at corner back if I remember correctly.
    I think he said because we are getting old there.. at least one of them did..

What a maroon!!!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

oh, I thought was Dukes...my bad...I was watching it on the DL at work

no it was dukes.

he said that champ and bly are getting old and we are in need of young depth. he obviously does his research.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

23. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information