Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How Would You Respond To.....

Question How Would You Respond To.....

I have several Bear fans on a large site trying to spoon feed me via postings what appears to be misinformation regarding the Broncos. How would you all respond to this?.

My posting as follows:

The Bears gave up a serviceable QB who performed well in Denver+3 picks for a slight to moderate increase in raw talent that still needs development.
    The Broncos made out like bandits.

Response as follows from Bear fan:

As for the Broncos making out like bandits. Sure they did. Orton sucked like always in the 2nd half when the Broncos D wasn't good anymore. Their first round pick they got from the Bears last year has been a ghost, they traded the 3rd round pick and they'll find a way to botch this years first round pick like they do every year with their first round picks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Well, I'd probably remind him that Jay Cutler threw 26 INTs and led the Bears to a worse overall record than Orton did with the Broncos.

The trade itself benefited Denver IMO, Jhey Cutler is not a complete enough package to garner the picks and another starting QB... But when you look at the net result given how we spent those draft picks, the Bears fan has a point. The Alphonso Smith trade is something most Bronco fans would like to forget about. Or we'd like to see him get his ass out of the club and into the gym more frequently.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andra Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Biz1 View Post
    I have several Bear fans on a large site trying to spoon feed me via postings what appears to be misinformation regarding the Broncos. How would you all respond to this?.

My posting as follows:

The Bears gave up a serviceable QB who performed well in Denver+3 picks for a slight to moderate increase in raw talent that still needs development.
    The Broncos made out like bandits.

Response as follows from Bear fan:

As for the Broncos making out like bandits. Sure they did. Orton sucked like always in the 2nd half when the Broncos D wasn't good anymore. Their first round pick they got from the Bears last year has been a ghost, they traded the 3rd round pick and they'll find a way to botch this years first round pick like they do every year with their first round picks.

IMO The Bears got the better end of the trade give it time and Jay will prove himself to be well worth the picks that were given up. While we will still be stuck with a weak armed backup for a starter. Lets hope the Broncos at least get some help from the picks on Def.
    I knew a man a long long time but I never knew him at all. Small in stature, big at heart but he always stood tall. In my mind he could do no wrong misunderstood all along. He worked hard all his live to get what he had. He was a little rough around the edges simple in mind but always had a kind eye for me. I will miss you Dad.

Gem's Yardog.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived yardog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

At this point, there really is no response to that. Ayers, Moreno, and Alphonso Smith were not instant pro bowlers or playing at an extremely high level. In another two years, if all 3 are solid starters, then we can say we made out like bandits. Although Moreno was chosen with our original selection, having the Bears pick last year allowed us to go offense with that pick as opposed to defense, so he's a factor in that trade as well.

With Cutler looking great at the end of last year once he finally had a WR he liked and ignoring Turner's coaching at the end of the Bears game and getting the win, it's starting to look like it was his offense around him that contributed to his early troubles. It's really hard to argue with this guy right now if the Bears go out and spend big in free agency and grab elite players.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Bears got the better end of the deal. Cutlers worst year in a young 4 year career was still better than pretty much anyone but Marino's worst in their first 4 years of their career.

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

I would tell them at least we have draft picks. Those dumbasses traded every pick they have, and now they don't have shit. As far as us botching every first round pick we've had, that's BS. Plus we have new management drafting, in case they forgot Shanahan is in washington.

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Then I would tell them there better be good doctors in chicago, because between Cutler's diabetes and Martz's heart problems, the emergency room should be ready. And Martz will need extra meds for when Cutler throws pick after pick after pick after pick...........

I still think the Bears got the best end of the deal. We could end up with nothing out of it. We certainly didn't make out like Bandits. People over exaggerate the one season of 20+ INTs. All QBs have had them, even the greatest that have played. Jay is a game changer.

Although..thye just hired an OC that is going to kill that team. The OC that doesn't care about INTs, and kills every offense he's coached that didn't have Warner.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    Then I would tell them there better be good doctors in chicago, because between Cutler's diabetes and Martz's heart problems, the emergency room should be ready. And Martz will need extra meds for when Cutler throws pick after pick after pick after pick...........
    Martz has never cared about INTs.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    At this point, there really is no response to that. Ayers, Moreno, and Alphonso Smith were not instant pro bowlers or playing at an extremely high level. In another two years, if all 3 are solid starters, then we can say we made out like bandits. Although Moreno was chosen with our original selection, having the Bears pick last year allowed us to go offense with that pick as opposed to defense, so he's a factor in that trade as well.

With Cutler looking great at the end of last year once he finally had a WR he liked and ignoring Turner's coaching at the end of the Bears game and getting the win, it's starting to look like it was his offense around him that contributed to his early troubles. It's really hard to argue with this guy right now if the Bears go out and spend big in free agency and grab elite players.
    I already used Moreno in the equation, that killed his poor first round Denver drafting comment. The entire conversation is premature on Cubs.com b/c it generally takes 2 full seasons to evaluate a draft pick failure/success IMHO plus you haven't even used the other pick yet. Do the Broncos have a history of poor 1st round selections dating back to Shanny?.

And were Orton's 2nd half stats as opposed to first really that bad?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I would tell them at least we have draft picks. Those dumbasses traded every pick they have, and now they don't have shit. As far as us botching every first round pick we've had, that's BS. Plus we have new management drafting, in case they forgot Shanahan is in washington.
    We blew 3 first round picks last year and Moreno is the only starter.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I don't think a draft can be judged after one season. You may end up being correct, but it's too early to tell.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I don't think a draft can be judged after one season. You may end up being correct, but it's too early to tell.
    Very true. But trading Cutler for picks made us trailer park rich and we blew picks we shouldnt have.

Its another unseen thing that hurt us with the Cutler trade.

18. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    And not a very good one at that
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Biz1 View Post
    I already used Moreno in the equation, that killed his poor first round Denver drafting comment. The entire conversation is premature on Cubs.com b/c it generally takes 2 full seasons to evaluate a draft pick failure/success IMHO plus you haven't even used the other pick yet. Do the Broncos have a history of poor 1st round selections dating back to Shanny?.

And were Orton's 2nd half stats as opposed to first really that bad?
    Yes Orton's 2nd half stats were that bad 12 touchdowns and 11 interceptions over the last 10 games of the season.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information