Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rams, Broncos interested in Fernando Bryant?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Default Rams, Broncos interested in Fernando Bryant?

Veteran cornerback Fernando Bryant, cut last month by the Detroit Lions,
    could soon be landing in a new city according to Profootballtalk.com.
    According to a league source, Bryant is in discussions with several teams
    and could agree to terms within the next 24 hours. Possible destinations
    include the Denver Broncos and St. Louis Rams.

Bryant, 30, spent five years with the Jaguars and four with the Lions.

Source: Profootballtalk.com.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...?urn=nfl,72550

-----

I realize this is still in the rumor stage, but if it is true, why would the
    Broncos be interested in a CB?

Could all the buzz around trades involving Foxy be true? Hmmm . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Depth. Competition at camp. Putting the best players on the field.

Being a veteran, he probably wants a chance at starting and he knows he won't get that in Denver with Dre and Champ already there.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

I realize this is still in the rumor stage, but if it is true, why would the
    Broncos be interested in a CB?

Could all the buzz around trades involving Foxy be true? Hmmm . . .

-----

makes ya wonder, doesn't it? of course, foxworth and paymah are BOTH unrestricted free agents next year, so that could have something to do with it as well. . . i wish they would have spent the money to lock at least one of them into an extension rather than signing some of the scrubs we did, but oh well. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

I think Bryant might sign with the Patriots, because he has a chance to start next to Hobbs there. He has some injury concerns; but he's worth a signing if he comes cheap? Why the heck not. Also, I don't think we can keep Foxworth either. (BTW, he was just elected to the NFLPA Executive Board today!) Might as well trade him before he walks in FA anyways. We'll see. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    makes ya wonder, doesn't it? of course, foxworth and paymah are BOTH unrestricted free agents next year, so that could have something to do with it as well. . . i wish they would have spent the money to lock at least one of them into an extension rather than signing some of the scrubs we did, but oh well. . . .
    I have to agree it does make you wonder what this means for the likes of Foxworth and Paymah.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

This is peculiar...I hope it means Bly goes. Sorry...it's how I feel. Maybe just an insurance policy IN CASE paymah and Foxxy don't resign.

7. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

lex

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    This is peculiar...I hope it means Bly goes. Sorry...it's how I feel. Maybe just an insurance policy IN CASE paymah and Foxxy don't resign.

No need to feel sorry, if that's the way you feel then so be. But SA with as much money as we paid to bring Bly in there is really no chance that Bly is out of here.

Adopted Bronco:

you want to get rid of him and replace him with a corner who isn't as good?

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you want to get rid of him and replace him with a corner who isn't as good?

It depends on what ya mean by "isn't as good". Bly can make plays, yes. But Bly also gets burnt on a regular basis. When we won SBs, we had CBs who were solid, but also player safer than Bly...that and Bryant would likely be a lot cheaper...and we have the 2 young bux as well.

12. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

lex

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Fernando would be a good backup if Foxy gets traded.

It depends on what ya mean by "isn't as good". Bly can make plays, yes. But Bly also gets burnt on a regular basis. When we won SBs, we had CBs who were solid, but also player safer than Bly...that and Bryant would likely be a lot cheaper...and we have the 2 young bux as well.
    Lets see the QB have less than 8 seconds to throw before getting rid of Bly for a player to provide depth as a 5th corner.

15. The Following User High Fived Drill-N-Fill For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

what kinda doubletalk is that? by "isn't as good" i mean ISN'T AS GOOD. . . .

i thought that was pretty straight forward. . . .

bryant isn't any more physical than bly, and he's probably less instinctive-- he also has NO ball skills (a grand total of 7 career interceptions to bly's 38). . . and he's two months older. . .

essentially, the ONLY area where he's better than bly is that he would potentially be cheaprer-- goes well with our current theme of saving money by bringing in mostly marginal players, but losing turnovers while not improving our coverage any certainly doesn't make the team better on the field. . . if the team doesn't want to pay bly, they shouldn't have traded for him and then signed him to a big contract extension. . . they knew what they were getting at the time, and he was pretty much as advertised-- a solid man corner who breaks on the ball aggressively and sometimes pays for it. . . he showed up big for us when champ went down, and he would be better if we actually had some pass rush. . . it's not that i think having him is the be-all-end-all by any means, and i won't cry if he moves on. . . but i'm damn tired of wasting big signing bonuses on vets only to flush most of it down the toilet a year or two later-- it's a friggin' stupid way to manage your salary cap. . .
    - John Elway

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Bly is the 2nd best CB we have and in the top ten in the league.

Bryant would be a good replacement for Foxy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Plus Bly always likes to leave blame at the feet of others. For as many times as that dude was burnt, not once did he ever accept responsibility. He really likes to deflect blame away from himself. Not exactly good for morale...but he and Champ (mainly Champ) seem to have Shanahans ear. I ust dont like him...I dont like Henry either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

The dude opposite Champ is always going to be hated by you clowns.

21. The Following 6 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information