Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Suns - Where nothing happens

funny how the bandwagners show up after you guys win and phx loses, just make sure to show up when the lakers lose in the first round for the 3rd time

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post

Who wants to play San Antonio?
    i wouldn't mind........but i really wanna play the fakers......

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    god how i hope we play your pathetic team in the playoffs again...we got cheated out in detroit, but doesn't matter...we are still going to win the pacific and hopefully we play the fakers in the playoffs, god i ******* hope we do. knock the POS team off
    Fisher
    Bryant
    Odom
    Gasol
    Bynum

would eat

Nash
    Barbosa
    Bell
    Stoudinwhiner
    Snaq O'Neal

for breakfast and still be hungry.

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Who wants to bet Escobar says "Pathetic team" in his reply?

Wookie, well that only took 7 hrs and 45 min.

Hey Escobar, bandwagon Laker fans here.......yeah whatever dude.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

I guess the crow really does taste bitter. I can tell with your responses...You are tasting the crow now, but in the playoffs you will choke on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    I guess the crow really does taste bitter. I can tell with your responses...You are tasting the crow now, but in the playoffs you will choke on it.
    gee, the way you guys talk, yall act like you already won the championship......

Just come back and eat mad crow when you guys lose in the playoffs...k ?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

gee, the way you guys talk, yall act like you already won the championship......

We did already win it...14 times...

What about them Suns?

I know championship is a big word for a Suns fan.

Are you sure you don't need a little rest now you said the C word?

9. The Following User High Fived Retired_Member_001 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Suns Suck! Go Nuggets!
    Colorado Championship Tracker

Colorado Avalanche 3 Stanley Cups
    Colorado Rockies 0 World Series Champions
    Denver Broncos 3 Super Bowl victories
    Denver Nuggets 1 NBA Championship

11. The Following User High Fived Colorado4Life For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado4Life View Post
    Suns Suck! Go Nuggets!
    whose this clown? nuggets?? are you serious?

13. The Following User High Fived Escobar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Yes thats correct, Suns Suck Go Nuggets!

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Colorado4Life For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Clown am I.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

D'Antoni's tenure in Phoenix over

SAN ANTONIO -- Mike D'Antoni, the NBA's Coach of the Year for the 2004-05 season and the man credited with reinvigorating fast-break basketball in a league gone stale, will not be back to coach the Phoenix Suns for the 2008-09 season, SI.com has learned.

D'Antoni deferred questions about his job status after the Suns were eliminated by the San Antonio Spurs in Game 5 of their Western Conference first-round playoff series on Wednesday night.

"I'm just really proud of my guys," D'Antoni said after the Spurs' 92-87 win that marked the third time in four years that San Antonio has ended the Suns' season.

D'Antoni did not address his own situation. But sources within the organization confirm that D'Antoni feels he does not have the backing of upper management --specifically owner Robert Sarver and general manager Steve Kerr -- and considers the situation irredeemable.

The Suns have long been one of the NBA's model franchises, and both D'Antoni and Kerr, for whatever differences they might have about the direction of the team, are respected around the league. It's hard to believe, then, that D'Antoni's situation would devolve into an ugly, protracted war, New York Knicks style.

How exactly the scenario unfolds depends largely on whether D'Antoni gets another job offer. The most palatable scenario for all in Phoenix would be this: Team A asks the Suns for permission to talk to D'Antoni, who has two years left on his contract; Suns say OK; D'Antoni interviews and is hired.

One landing spot for him would seem to be Chicago, where general manager John Paxson has not yet replaced Jim Boylan, who himself replaced Scott Skiles (now in charge in Milwaukee). The Bulls underachieved this season under both coaches but would seem to have the kind of offensive nucleus (Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich, Andres Nocioni) with which D'Antoni could build.

One other possibility is New York, where new president Donnie Walsh is taking his time making a head-coaching decision despite speculation that the hiring of former point guard Mark Jackson is a done deal. There has also been whispers of D'Antoni's taking over in Toronto, where Sam Mitchell's coaching future is an ongoing discussion and where Bryan Colangelo, D'Antoni's former boss in Phoenix and still a close friend, is calling the shots. But Toronto doesn't seem as comfortable a fit for D'Antoni as Chicago or even New York. Don't look for that to happen.

As is the custom with all NBA teams, D'Antoni will meet soon with Sarver and Kerr, together or separately. Kerr said before Sunday's Game 4, which turned out to be the Suns' lone series win, that D'Antoni's departure was not a fait accompli as far as he is concerned. He would not comment on D'Antoni's status after Game 5. But a source said that Kerr would make a few demands in the postseason debriefing: that D'Antoni devote more practice time to defense; have more confidence in his bench players, i.e., go to an expanded rotation; develop a clearer plan for a point guard to back up Steve Nash; and get more planned touches out of Amaré Stoudemire in post-up situations.

D'Antoni, sources say, believes that the situation has been festering all season and that nothing would be accomplished in the meeting. Whatever the circumstances of his departure, it will probably be presented as as a rift between coach and GM, and to a large extent that's true. But when Colangelo left for Toronto, mostly because he and Sarver were doomed not to coexist harmoniously, D'Antoni lost his biggest booster in the front office, as well as a friend. It's what happens in the NBA and in all pro sports.

Over four full seasons D'Antoni racked up a 232-96 record, made the Western finals twice and changed the way that observers both in and out of the league thought about the game. Management might have some legitimate gripes about his defensive coaching, and remember that D'Antoni was a bigger booster of the trade for Shaquille O'Neal than Kerr was.

But Suns management now faces one extremely formidable challenge in l'affaire D'Antoni: finding someone better.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

"You're Fired!

In all serious, I think the Suns will find a really good guy. I don't know who, but he will be a good coach. They won't settle for anything less.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

When the Suns (Kerr) made the move for Shaq it destroyed the chemistry of the team and completely changed the style of play that made them so successful the last few years. Instead of allowing Steve to run up the court and set up open shooters or dump to a trailing Marion he had to wait for the lumbering Shaq and then throw it into the post and then wait out by the 3 point line for the kickout from Shaq. The Suns tried to fix their defensive flaws with a washed up and aged Shaq and now will be saddled with his contract and moody attitude (now that they are flameouts in the 1st round).
    D'Antoni is a good coach and has a fun offensive philosophy to watch. He needs to have a defensive mind as his assistant coach and a patient GM.
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information