Poll: Trade Marshall?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Broncos trade Brandon Marshall?

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    No don't trade him. He's our best player and without him our offense will be even worse than it was.
    did you ever stop to think that he was the target because he was convinent and Orton took the easy pass to him. Or the calls were made that way?

Note in the last game where he was benched gaffney lit it up for the game high catches.

The scheme is designed to get WR open. Someone else will step up.

2. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    This is true ifyou believe that two in the bush is better than one in the hand.

Personally, we can say that about every talented player on the team. If we keep getting rid of our building blocks, we have nothing to build with. Instead, we have a bunch of picks, and still having to build.

I would rather keep the proven, talented, players and build WITH them and around them rather than attempting to use those gained picks to replace them. Replacing never works.
    I dont think McD can handle Marshals ego. Marshal will never conform to a 1940's mentality like JMCD wants.

I think everyone benifits by Marshall leaving.

I just cant see anything ending well if Marshall stays. Id rather get picks for a player than nothing.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

And just last week he said he wanted to stay. See what i mean, the guy can never make up his mind on what he wants to do. He is just a head case and we need to unload him and start getting "McD" type players in here. Lord knows i dont want McD to succeed with "Shanny" talent.
    what was said on the radio was more than likely a repeat of when he told friends that he wanted out of denver because he was still struggling with what happened to DW ,not a recent statement that he wants out of denver.
    he hasnt made any recent public comments on wether or not he wants to stay other than the "willing to do whatever the organization decides"

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    what was said on the radio was more than likely a repeat of when he told friends that he wanted out of denver because he was still struggling with what happened to DW ,not a recent statement that he wants out of denver.
    he hasnt made any recent public comments on wether or not he wants to stay other than the "willing to do whatever the organization decides"
    Which is agent speak for trade me to anywhere but here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Now it sounds like he is trying to use the DW tragedy as a crutch to get out of here. Looks like he'll try anything and everything to get out of here even though it's pathetic!! Why is he coming out now with all the emotion....I call BS!! Obviously, he doesn't want to be a BRONCO so get the best value and hopefully one of these teams bite especially that TB rumor!!
    Please read this article: No where is Brandon stating anything - it is Klis opinion, and supposedly a couple sources he talked with:

Here is article:

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14441207

From article:

"I believe we are confronting what has been an unspoken, but monumental, reason why the great receiver has long been uncomfortable playing in Denver."

unspoken - speaks for itself

AND

"A deeper truth about Marshall, though, is he has been left emotionally scarred by Williams' murder in the wee hours of Jan. 1, 2007. Marshall was with Williams minutes before his Broncos teammate and good friend died almost instantly from a bullet wound to the neck."

It is ONLY a deeper truth if Brandon came out and stated this, NOT a deeper truth because this is Klis opinion

AND

"I have never spoken to Marshall about that tragic night of Dec. 31, 2006-Jan. 1, 2007. I have spoken to several people close to Marshall, and they all say Williams' murder continues to torment him."

Klis STATES he has never spoken to Brandon; however the several people close to Brandon all say Williams' murder continues to torment him.

REALLY - why would it NOT torment him?????? It bothers me as a fan - OF COURSE it continues to torment Brandon, and I am sure it torments all of those who were teammates, coaches, etc. since this happened. Is this out of the ordinary - I think not.

Brandon is not coming out with all of this EMOTION - it is ONLY a sportswriter's opinion.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Tender him for a 1st and 3rd, and hope another team bites. If not, he plays here next season for about 3 million. If you want to keep him after that, then franchise him or sign him to a new contract next season. In reality, any top 15 pick would be great, even without the 3rd.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Regardless, I believe Klis and Marshall will play this to his advantage!! DW thing was a tragedy but time has moved on Hopefully his murderers get the due justice they deserve! And I don't believe for one minute that Marshall is greiving like it sounds, he just wants out of Denver and trying to remain the good guy. Hopefully DWs murderers get the due justice they deserve!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Tender him for a 1st and 3rd, and hope another team bites. If not, he plays here next season for about 3 million. If you want to keep him after that, then franchise him or sign him to a new contract next season. In reality, any top 15 pick would be great, even without the 3rd.
    actually IIRC there could be up to TWO RFA years for those under 6 years player IF there is not another lockout.

Which would mean if there is not lockout he would get another 50% raise after that brining him to about just under 5mil a year. or a first and a third should someone want him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Regardless, I believe Klis and Marshall will play this to his advantage!! DW thing was a tragedy but time has moved on Hopefully his murderers get the due justice they deserve! And I don't believe for one minute that Marshall is greiving like it sounds, he just wants out of Denver and trying to remain the good guy. Hopefully DWs murderers get the due justice they deserve!
    First - if you read the article - it is SOLELY Klis - NOT Brandon, and if it sounds like Marshall is grieving - AGAIN - that is Klis. I have never read where Klis and Brandon are the "best of buddies", so why would they team up, and FABRICATE a story? This is a sportswriter stating his OPINION ONLY.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    did you ever stop to think that he was the target because he was convinent and Orton took the easy pass to him. Or the calls were made that way?

Note in the last game where he was benched gaffney lit it up for the game high catches.

The scheme is designed to get WR open. Someone else will step up.

marshall has been producing those numbers since he came into the league

gaff had a good game...big differance between one good game and year after year consistancy...and if you feel his one good game means its ok to lose our star wr... your knowledge is suspect

13. The Following User High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It would actually be nice if we were offered a 1st and 3rd for Marshall AND Doom. I dont want 3 firsts, but 2 of then could be dealt for other picks in the 2nd, 3rd and next year. We could fill alot of holes with solid young players that way and not really lose too much in production if the selections were smart.

But if we dont get a "valid" offer for either of them...keep them here.

I pretty much agree because while I love Doom, he is not an every down player.

This draft is full of talent. Use the picks not only to get players, but to stockpile picks in the future.

Get rid of the FLASH.......bring in the SMASH. Id rather have dominance at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.
    Last edited by WARHORSE; 02-22-2010 at 06:06 PM.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

15. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    marshall has been producing those numbers since he came into the league

gaff had a good game...big differance between one good game and year after year consistancy...and if you feel his one good game means its ok to lose our star wr... your knowledge is suspect
    Really?

Gaffneys production when called upon has been stellar.

Going for 213 yds as a receiver is no walk in the park, and average players dont do that.

Look at Gaffneys gamelogs from the last 6 games of his time in New England, and you'll see that he has more than been adequate.

If anything, Gaffney should play more and be targeted more.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Really?

Gaffneys production when called upon has been stellar.

Going for 213 yds as a receiver is no walk in the park, and average players dont do that.

Look at Gaffneys gamelogs from the last 6 games of his time in New England, and you'll see that he has more than been adequate.

If anything, Gaffney should play more and be targeted more.
    his career has been nothing of interest..a solid #2 at best....why just the last six games??.that doesnt prove he is a true #1 any more then one good game with the broncos does

were not talking dropping marshall for a A Boldin here...its a two time probowl wr...for a career #2...big drop in talent

last three seasons alone

marshall...307 rec....3710 yards..23 tds..2 probowls

vrs gaffenys career numbers..7 seasons

310 rec...3800 yards...17 tds

yea im not impressed and certainly dont believe gaff will be able to match marshall as our #1

I would like to tender our coach for a 6-pack.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    his career has been nothing of interest..a solid #2 at best....why just the last six games??.that doesnt prove he is a true #1 any more then one good game with the broncos does

were not talking dropping marshall for a A Boldin here...its a two time probowl wr...for a career #2...big drop in talent

last three seasons alone

marshall...307 rec....3710 yards..23 tds..2 probowls

vrs gaffenys career numbers..7 seasons

310 rec...3800 yards...17 tds

yea im not impressed and certainly dont believe gaff will be able to match marshall as our #1

Im not comparing him to Brandon in saying hes the same. Gaffney, like McCaffrey has had to work at his craft.

Im not talkin about the last six games. 2007 he was playing behind Moss and Welker.

I would venture to say that this years numbers have more to do with Orton and Marshall than with Gaffney. Look at Royals numbers as well.

For a third WR, Gaffney has produced big time.

He is not a number one, but he is no slouch either.

Gaffneys game has grown over time, and he is definitely an asset.

Marshall can take the high road as far as Im concerned.

Id rather sink my money into good players along the line of scrimmage than anywhere else.

This offense doesnt need any stars at the WR position.

We need a smash mouth offense with a smash mouth defense.

Our running game needs to be dominant, along with the defensive line. With that, we can win with Orton at QB.........without Brandon.

Take a page out of the JETS page book of how to play. Run, run, run, run, run, pass.........sack, Int, fumble rec.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information