Poll: Trade Marshall?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Broncos trade Brandon Marshall?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

No don't trade him. He's our best player and without him our offense will be even worse than it was.

2. The Following User High Fived Italianmobstr7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    What about dealing him to TB for their picks #35 and #43? That would give us 3 picks within the top 15 picks of the 2nd round.
    In a heart beat.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

I heard on the radio this morning that Marshall is saying he wants out of Denver because of the emotional trauma with the death of Williams. The way I see it, get compensation for him while you can. When he can leave, he will.

5. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

What about dealing him to TB for their picks #35 and #43? That would give us 3 picks within the top 15 picks of the 2nd round.
    I remember I asked that question not too long ago because someone at MHR came up with it (I believe). So many are saying Balt. but (I know the 'smoke and mirrors' by any team) they've came out and said they wouldn't tender a first and third. I wish Brandon would be a completely different person and we could keep him because of his talents so this team can move on and focus on the lines rather than getting rid of him and possibly drafting a WO to replace him!!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Ive also considered this after seeing it in a mock. Really well done too! Its not a bad idea, and DEN gets alot of ammo to play with.
    I would hope that DEN made the trade DURING the draft, just before pick
    #35, not allowing other teams to be prepared for what is coming.
    This would really create confusion, and make alot of teams have to scramble with DEN picking yet again shortly after.
    Honestly this is a great idea, and i will look for the mock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning that Marshall is saying he wants out of Denver because of the emotional trauma with the death of Williams. The way I see it, get compensation for him while you can. When he can leave, he will.

I heard on the radio this morning that Marshall is saying he wants out of Denver because of _________________(PLEASE FILL IN EXCUSE HERE). The way I see it, get compensation for him while you can. When he can leave, he will.

This guy and his agent are too slick.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

At first, I hated the idea, but now I'm warming up to this one:

Send him to Seattle for our first round pick back and Deion Branch. Branch can't stay healthy, but he knows McDaniels and his system. Branch's production has suffered in Seattle, but he's still a character locker room guy. Marshall and Who'syourmama in Seattle could be just what Matt Hasselbeck needs to get back to pro-bowl shape. It also allows them to spend their other picks on the O-line to protect Hasselbeck.

I think that's about as fair as it gets. I don't think anybody will give up a first and third, but a first and a player that is overpaid and underused in their system but might be useful in ours might just be the way to go.

The bottom line is, if McDaniels believes Marshall is a distraction, then I want him to leave. I'd rather lose Marshall's highlight reel ridden, 10 TD having, 100+ catches if it means we're not in the media every week looking like dysfunctional tool bags.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Now it sounds like he is trying to use the DW tragedy as a crutch to get out of here. Looks like he'll try anything and everything to get out of here even though it's pathetic!! Why is he coming out now with all the emotion....I call BS!! Obviously, he doesn't want to be a BRONCO so get the best value and hopefully one of these teams bite especially that TB rumor!!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I am sure that whoever stated this on the radio this morning, is somewhat fabricating the article I posted yesterday by Klis in regards to Darrent's trial coming up this week. From the article, the ONLY thing in regards to Brandon wanting to leave Denver because of Darrent's death is the following:

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14441207

"I have never spoken to Marshall about that tragic night of Dec. 31, 2006-Jan. 1, 2007. I have spoken to several people close to Marshall, and they all say Williams' murder continues to torment him."

So, even if the several people Klis spoke to, if he even did, said that William's murder continues to torment Brandon, WHERE does that indicate that he wants to leave Denver????

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

I'm at the point now where I just want this settled one way or the other.

If the team or Marshall are ready to move in different directions, make it happen. Get what they can and continue to rebuild. What his value truly is will be determined once he's gone.

Conversely, if they decide to take the chance on Marshall and pay him, just do it.

Whichever way this goes, JUST LET IT BE OVER!

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

it absolutely depends on wether or not marshall wants to be here....we will know soon enough.
    if he really wants out and we could get seattles 1st and branch....hell yeah.
    we could then get bryant and a top DE or DT and still have our 2-3 rnd picks for o-line
    if he just wants a contract and will play hard for the team (as he has done) then pay the man .

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    it absolutely depends on wether or not marshall wants to be here....we will know soon enough.
    if he really wants out and we could get seattles 1st and branch....hell yeah.
    we could then get bryant and a top DE or DT and still have our 2-3 rnd picks for o-line
    if he just wants a contract and will play hard for the team (as he has done) then pay the man .
    I like eveything you mention except acquiring Branch. The only Branch I'd look at possibly getting is Alan Branch from AZ. We need more bodies at NT. I know he hasn't distinguished himself in AZ, but he's better than anyone we now have on the roster.

So, if trading Brandon can get us and 1st & 4th in return from SEA, then ship that 4th to AZ for Branch (assuming AZ wants to deal him) then count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Sell high. I dont think we are a marshall away from anything. Hopefully our front office is better than I think it is. And we can take advantage of all these picks.
    This is true ifyou believe that two in the bush is better than one in the hand.

Personally, we can say that about every talented player on the team. If we keep getting rid of our building blocks, we have nothing to build with. Instead, we have a bunch of picks, and still having to build.

I would rather keep the proven, talented, players and build WITH them and around them rather than attempting to use those gained picks to replace them. Replacing never works.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

And just last week he said he wanted to stay. See what i mean, the guy can never make up his mind on what he wants to do. He is just a head case and we need to unload him and start getting "McD" type players in here. Lord knows i dont want McD to succeed with "Shanny" talent.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Why not get a first for him and a third.. and use that other first for a better choice or for those of you that believe another first os to much money. trade it of a couple more 2 and 3s that way we have 6 choice inside the top one hundred instead of 4.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information