• Farve

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pick the starting QB

Default Pick the starting QB

Help me pick a starter at QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would start McNabb. The Pack don't really have a RB so the Eagles are going to key on the passing game. Plus, when McNabb is healthy, he's a fantasy stud.

Thanks. I had him penciled in, I just know we have a lot of Fantasy Footballers here and was looking for validation.

I promise I won't start threads like this every week, I am the defending champ in my league, and wanted to get off to a good start.

Thanks for any and all input.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

I would also go with D.M.!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

gotta be Dmac. . . he was putting up MVP-type numbers last year, IMO he's an every-week starter. . . favre throwing against a tough iggles secondary is a recipe for INT penalties. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    gotta be Dmac. . . he was putting up MVP-type numbers last year, IMO he's an every-week starter. . . favre throwing against a tough iggles secondary is a recipe for INT penalties. . .
    Thanks for chiming in dogfish. Looks like it's a landslide.

I was going to vote McNabb, as the Eagles are twice better than Packers at defending against the pass, plus before getting injured, McNabb could put up some real good numbers. Then I checked the WRs of the Eagles, and I wasn't overly confident of either of them. With GB, you can at least rely on Driver, plus their 3rd WR has been impressive in the preseason. So, I vote for Favre.

(added) Btw, who was the other member who voted for Favre?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rod Smith

Quote Originally Posted by omac View Post
    I was going to vote McNabb, as the Eagles are twice better than Packers at defending against the pass, plus before getting injured, McNabb could put up some real good numbers. Then I checked the WRs of the Eagles, and I wasn't overly confident of either of them. With GB, you can at least rely on Driver, plus their 3rd WR has been impressive in the preseason. So, I vote for Favre.

(added) Btw, who was the other member who voted for Favre?
    The packers fan (me) voted for Favre of course . I think that Favre has the WRs in Jennings and Driver and if the running game struggles he could throw more and have a big game. The packers have a good defense and playing at home i think they will shut the Eagles down. You cant bring up the fact of last year becasue of the major knee injury that was supposed to take a year to heal, and how it will affect him. I think Favre is the smart hoice well Donavan McElmo could struggle in his first game back. I think with the home field edge and the improving defense Favre could do as good this season as he did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncomania96 View Post
    The packers fan (me) voted for Favre of course . I think that Favre has the WRs in Jennings and Driver and if the running game struggles he could throw more and have a big game. The packers have a good defense and playing at home i think they will shut the Eagles down. You cant bring up the fact of last year becasue of the major knee injury that was supposed to take a year to heal, and how it will affect him. I think Favre is the smart hoice well Donavan McElmo could struggle in his first game back. I think with the home field edge and the improving defense Favre could do as good this season as he did in the past.
    Hehehe, real objective ay?

I think you're right, though. I still think Favre is the best QB in the Packers team, and there will be a huge dropoff when he retires and Rodgers takes over.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rod Smith

Quote Originally Posted by omac View Post
    Hehehe, real objective ay?

I think you're right, though. I still think Favre is the best QB in the Packers team, and there will be a huge dropoff when he retires and Rodgers takes over.
    I thought i made some pretty good points that actually made sense

Oh well i guess im right then. Im not saying that only becasue im a packers but thats honestly what i think and the defense is improved and Favre is still Favre.

I thought i made some pretty good points that actually made sense

Oh well i guess im right then. Im not saying that only becasue im a packers but thats honestly what i think and the defense is improved and Favre is still Favre.
    Hehehe, I was kidding man. And like you, I'm rooting for the Packers.

How well McMcNabb will play is still a question mark; that's a pretty long layoff, and off of an injury. Based on last season, GB's pass defense is just average, but the wide receivers of Philadelphia aren't even 1,000 yard receivers. Their #1's output is weaker than some team's #2, so I wouldn't be confident with that either.

I also like the fact the Favre is at home and he did have a pretty good finish
    last year. McNabb had a good 10 games but his team did struggle until Garcia played

I like Favre in this one

Thanks everyone.. I'm sticking with McNabb, but I hate that my two Qb's are playing in the same game.

Someone will outshine the other.

I'm ready for Broncos Bills.

Go Broncos!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rod Smith

You spelt Favre wrong.

And neither QB is doing too good right now. But the packers are winning and thats all that matters.

You spelt Favre wrong.

And neither QB is doing too good right now. But the packers are winning and thats all that matters.
    FA--V--RE sorry man I meant no disrespect, although I wish he would have retired last year.

Yea neither one is tearin it up right now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information