Thread: Arena Football back?

Default Arena Football back?

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14418853?source=rss

OKLAHOMA CITY — The Arena Football League, reborn under new leadership after folding last year, is already looking to expand into the Philadelphia, Southern California, Denver and Pittsburgh markets.

Commissioner Jerry Kurz said on a conference call today that the league has had serious negotiations to place teams in those markets beginning with the 2011 season.

Kurz says a new group of owners spent $6.1 million for the assets of the defunct Arena Football League, including the name, history and records. It will relaunch in April with 15 teams — including a handful from the former AFL and others from what used to be known as arenafootball2.

Kurz says the new AFL is correcting the economic model that failed so it can survive the recession.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_1441885...#ixzz0fpbvGqxh

So does this mean the Crush is back? Is Elway still going to own? How about Jon Bon Jovi and the Philly team? Hmmmm.....I liked arena football, but it wasn't the same as the passion for my kind of football. The ticket prices were fantastic though.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I never missed it really. It is to real football what the funny papers are to classic literature.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information