Thread: Mary Ann caught with Mary Jane

Default Mary Ann caught with Mary Jane

'Gilligan's' Mary Ann Caught With Pot
    March 11, 2008, 2:52 PM EST
    The Associated Press

DRIGGS, Idaho -- Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," is serving six months' unsupervised probation after allegedly being caught with marijuana in her car.

She was sentenced Feb. 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.

Under a plea agreement, three misdemeanor counts — driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance — were dropped.

On Oct. 18, Teton County sheriff's Deputy Joseph Gutierrez arrested Wells as she was driving home from a surprise birthday party that was held for her. According to the sheriff's office report, Gutierrez pulled Wells over after noticing her swerve and repeatedly speed up and slow down. When Gutierrez asked about a marijuana smell, Wells said she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something. Gutierrez found half-smoked joints and two small cases used to store marijuana.

The 69-year-old Wells, founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute and organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest, then failed a sobriety test.

Wells' lawyer, Ron Swafford, said that a friend of Wells' testified that he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle after using it that day, and that Wells was unaware of it. Swafford also said several witnesses were prepared to testify that Wells had very little to drink at the party and was not intoxicated when she left. He said she was swerving on the road because she was trying to find the heater controls in her new car.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

hey lets continue to waste money and resources on non-violent drug offenders

cuz they are tearing this country down

meanwhile uncle sam lets in coke and heroin for another handout

4. The Following User High Fived DenverBronkHoes For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    'Gilligan's' Mary Ann Caught With Pot
    March 11, 2008, 2:52 PM EST
    The Associated Press

DRIGGS, Idaho -- Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," is serving six months' unsupervised probation after allegedly being caught with marijuana in her car.

She was sentenced Feb. 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.

Under a plea agreement, three misdemeanor counts — driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance — were dropped.

On Oct. 18, Teton County sheriff's Deputy Joseph Gutierrez arrested Wells as she was driving home from a surprise birthday party that was held for her. According to the sheriff's office report, Gutierrez pulled Wells over after noticing her swerve and repeatedly speed up and slow down. When Gutierrez asked about a marijuana smell, Wells said she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something. Gutierrez found half-smoked joints and two small cases used to store marijuana.

The 69-year-old Wells, founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute and organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest, then failed a sobriety test.

Wells' lawyer, Ron Swafford, said that a friend of Wells' testified that he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle after using it that day, and that Wells was unaware of it. Swafford also said several witnesses were prepared to testify that Wells had very little to drink at the party and was not intoxicated when she left. He said she was swerving on the road because she was trying to find the heater controls in her new car.
    Sad. I grew up with that show. Ever so often, that theme song plays in my head. I forget they are all grown up and old essentially now. I'm not------they are, because I was just a little kid.

I think she was swerving on the road, because she had one hand reaching in a bag of chips or desperately searching for more munchies.

I'm not an advocate of mary jane, turf. Mary Ann doing Mary Jane. Oxymoron?

6. The Following User High Fived Jody For This Post:

Always knew I liked her for some reason, and not just because she stayed hot for a VERY long time (on the other hand, she's an actress; heaven knows how much of it is real.... )

Kids: Don't smoke pot; you could end up an international star who can still model bikinis at 60.... ;-p

Though in all seriousness I'm not in favor of controlled substances of any kind for actual kids; it was just a nice line.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. —Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information