Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48

Thread: Parenting Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Oh yeah - i agree, i am not saying that having a good childhood and good parents mean that teenage years will be easy - there are plenty of people that go off the rails regardless of the their upbringing, sorry if i never made that clear.

Nothing is deterministic - lots of factors are at play, from genetics, peer groups, socio-economic status, drugs and success/failure in sports and with the opposite sex all matter (amongst others) but i was trying to be as brief as i could in my reply.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

The other point to note is - many teenagers offend, take drugs, cause trouble, bully, are promiscuous etc etc but go on the be fine upstanding citizens - all without any intervention from professionals/experts etc etc.....so i sometimes think we over demonise normal behaviour that will largely correct itself in time

3. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    The other point to note is - many teenagers offend, take drugs, cause trouble, bully, are promiscuous etc etc but go on the be fine upstanding citizens - all without any intervention from professionals/experts etc etc.....so i sometimes think we over demonise normal behaviour that will largely correct itself in time
    That's also true....but its not how the smart money bets. We can't guarantee the outcome for our kids, but we can do things to impact the odds
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post

That's also true....but its not how the smart money bets. We can't guarantee the outcome for our kids, but we can do things to impact the odds
    Yeah - and any parent that has any love for their children must do this!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Nancy is playing Lacrosse for the first time this year, and won the job as starting goalie. Her first game in net was today.

This is a pleasant surprise to me. She is a great kid, with many positive traits, but has always suffered just a touch from "Princess and the Pea" type oversensitivity. She played well, had numerous Lacrosse balls bounced off of her, and showed zero fear. She has enormous bruises on both upper arms tonight, of which she is very proud
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 05-02-2015 at 09:50 PM.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information