Thread: Aye, aye, cap’ns: Broncos elect Cutler, Nalen, Bailey, Lynch

Default Aye, aye, cap’ns: Broncos elect Cutler, Nalen, Bailey, Lynch

ENGLEWOOD ‑- Like hockey has done for decades, the NFL wants teams to designate their captains with a "C'' on their jerseys this season and beyond.
    Broncos players today elected their teammates who will wear the "C'' this season. On offense, center Tom Nalen and quarterback Jay Cutler were chosen; on defense, the picks were cornerback Champ Bailey and safety John Lynch.

Captains on special teams are chosen each week during the season, but today the players elected Jason Elam to be the captain for Sunday's opener in Buffalo.

"Not only the captains, but all the leaders of this team, (should) make sure we're all going about our jobs the right way,'' Lynch said.

It is the first time Nalen has been voted a team captain in his 14-year career with the Broncos. Cutler was also elected in just his second year in the league and his first as a starter.

"It gives you an idea of what the team thinks of him,'' Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said. "This is totally a team selection; coaches have nothing to do with it. Strictly between the players and who they see as a leader.''

Meanwhile, defensive end Simeon Rice, who was signed Monday, practiced today for his third consecutive day to close out his first week with the team and Shanahan said he expected the defensive end to play "about 15 plays or so''
    on Sunday.
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...692556,00.html

Calibroncogrl47 Guest

I thought I read that Jason Elam was elected also??

i already knew about lynch and bailey...

but im glad to hear cutler got the nod...

i hope it means he is becoming a leader this team needs...

________
    HotCummers
    Last edited by anton...; 08-31-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibroncogrl47 View Post
    I thought I read that Jason Elam was elected also??
    It seems not.

I think there's no point at having a kicker as one of your captains but that's just my opinion.

excellent choice for team captains.

im sure when nalen leaves that walker will step in too.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Calibroncogrl47 Guest

Coach Mike Shanahan said the special-teams captain will change every game. Kicker Jason Elam was voted as captain for Sunday's season opener at Buffalo.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Calibroncogrl47 View Post
    Coach Mike Shanahan said the special-teams captain will change every game. Kicker Jason Elam was voted as captain for Sunday's season opener at Buffalo.
    Good choice of captains. Though I am suprised Javon isn't one. He seems like a leader out there. Though you can't say anything when it's our QB and Nalen getting the nod.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

As Shanahan said Cutler being elected team captain does you sense of what his teams think about.

just in case anyone cared, i just found out that the number of gold stars below the C indicate the number of years a player has been captain...

everyone has 1 gold start his year because its a new system...

________
    Prilosec lawsuit settlements
    Last edited by anton...; 08-31-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information