Page 429 of 575 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,435 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Rockies are still talking Tulowitzki, and the Mets are one team listening

The Mets and Rockies have been quietly discussing a potential Troy Tulowitzki blockbuster for weeks, though it isn't known yet whether New York will have a decent chance to complete such a deal.

Prized Mets pitching prospect Noah Syndergaard is said to be the centerpiece of discussions revolving around a potential package of young players in a possible deal for Tulo, though it seems like there is still quite a ways to go to have a chance to complete such a monster trade.

New York and Colorado have been stealthily talking names for weeks, and while there's said to be some progress, it still feels like they are almost in the early stages with several hurdles to go, including ultimately whether the Rockies-owning Monfort brothers would sign off on such a deal for their beloved superstar shortstop.
    rest - http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...team-listening

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nick Hundley agrees to 2-year deal with Colorado Rockies, report says

The Rockies met one of their key offseason goals Wednesday, agreeing to a contract with defensive-minded, veteran catcher Nick Hundley, according to a Baltimore Sun report citing "industry sources."

Hundley agreed to a two-year deal with Colorado worth just more than $6 million, according to Dan Connolly of The Sun. The Rockies would not confirmed the agreement. The deal is still pending a physical.

The Baltimore Orioles on Nov. 1 declined a $5 million club option on Hundley's contract, making him a free agent. Instead, they offered him a two-year deal for less than the $4 million he made last season, according to The Sun.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...lorado-rockies

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Looks like the Rox continue to pick up other teams' castoffs. Since the Padres have made some deals I guess we know who's bringing up the rear of the NL West.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

This deal essentially is the first step in freeing up Rosario to be traded to an AL team for an arm. This is a good move if and only if they can get something good for Willin.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

5. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Jhoulys Chacin, Rockies agree to new contract, avoiding arbitration

The Rockies on Friday agreed to a contract with right-hander Jhoulys Chacin, according to a major-league source, thereby avoiding arbitration with a pitcher they're counting on for their rotation next season.

Chacin, 27, will earn a slight bump from his $4.8 million salary last season to the $5 million-plus range in this, his final year of arbitration eligibility before hitting free agency.

He pitched in just 11 games last season, with a 1-7 record and a 5.40 ERA over 63 1/3 innings. He sustained a right shoulder injury and was shut down in June.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...ng-arbitration

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

A few notes, most notably moving Rosario...

http://blogs.denverpost.com//

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    A few notes, most notably moving Rosario...

http://blogs.denverpost.com//
    Typical Rox: keep the guy you should trade, field calls for a guy you should keep, and absolutely not be the team trying to sign a pitcher.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Typical Rox: keep the guy you should trade, field calls for a guy you should keep, and absolutely not be the team trying to sign a pitcher.
    Rosario gets you minimal return...Blackmon gets you a better return...Shields is overrated.

Orioles could use a LH outfielder is you're interested in taking Ubaldo back in return

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Rosario gets you minimal return...Blackmon gets you a better return...Shields is overrated.

Orioles could use a LH outfielder is you're interested in taking Ubaldo back in return
    Overrated would be a welcome addition to our staff.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Overrated would be a welcome addition to our staff.
    How about Bud Norris for a year?

At the end of the day, at least you have someone pretending to be a GM. You could have a situation like Baltimore does where the GM is just biding his time to leave and doing absolutely nothing to improve a team he will be competing against in a few months.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Fascinating segment on the Baseball Prospectus podcast Effectively Wild today about pace of play. Dirk Hayhurst, a former pitcher with some interesting perspective on it.

Didn't know where else to put this...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Fascinating segment on the Baseball Prospectus podcast Effectively Wild today about pace of play. Dirk Hayhurst, a former pitcher with some interesting perspective on it.

Didn't know where else to put this...
    What was the gist of it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

What was the gist of it?
    He seems to be in favor of what they are doing, but emphasized the rule is already on the books. He said he believed that standoffs are ridiculous because slowing down an at bat has no bearing on whether you throw the right pitch or not and kind of scoffed at the effectiveness of slowing down to stop a teams momentum. He also made fun of pitching mound visits.

Adopted Bronco:

Personally, the only thing that drives me nuts as a fan...and was effective against me as a player...is when a pitcher throws to first 20 times. It's OBVIOUS it's only a stall tactic to throw a hitter off, so they could start there and I'd be happy. Especially when a 35 year old 240 pound back up catcher is the guy on first.

16. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Personally, the only thing that drives me nuts as a fan...and was effective against me as a player...is when a pitcher throws to first 20 times. It's OBVIOUS it's only a stall tactic to throw a hitter off, so they could start there and I'd be happy. Especially when a 35 year old 240 pound back up catcher is the guy on first.
    I'm certainly no baseball expert, but I always felt the throw to 1st base was more to discombobulate the hitter than the runner.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information