Page 451 of 575 FirstFirst ... 351 401 441 449 450 451 452 453 461 501 551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Is that "wink, wink" like with Tulo?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Charlie Blackmon, "perplexed" by Parra signing, agrees to Rockies contract

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...agrees-rockies

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

So Corey Dickerson to the Rays... Hope we got some good arms in return. Jake McGee is supposed to have pretty good upside, if I'm not mistaken.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm glad it wasn't Blackmon. I liked Corey but I like Chack Nasty more.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

So Corey Dickerson to the Rays... Hope we got some good arms in return. Jake McGee is supposed to have pretty good upside, if I'm not mistaken.
    McGee was dominant a few years ago, but kind of fell off the last 2 years. The talent is there though. From what I read, the prospect wont be a top 10 in the organization. I like the trade because it gets McGee away from TB (Oriole killer), gives them a player with bad splits away from COL, and now kinda of eliminates the O's from having an opportunity to trade for one of their OF's.

7. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rays, Rockies Swap McGee, Dickerson; Prospects Also Involved

5:26pm: Right-hander German Marquez will head to the Rockies in the deal alongside McGee, reports Jon Heyman (on Twitter). Marquez rated 25th among Tampa Bay farmhands, according to MLB.com’s most recent prospect rankings (a new version of the list will be out soon, as will Baseball America’s full Top 30). Marquez is a 20-year-old Venezuelan right-hander that spent last season pitching at Class-A Advanced, where he worked to a 3.56 ERA with 6.7 K/9 against 1.9 BB/9 in 139 innings. MLB.com notes that Marquez has been consistently challenged by facing older competition — he was three years younger than the league average this past season, for instance — and has succeeded despite being one of the younger players in each league in which he’s pitched. Marquez offers a low- to mid-90s fastbal with the makings of an average or better curveball and a changeup that’s still a work in progress. His control has improved with each season in the minors as well.
    rest - http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...-pitchers.html

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

9. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

From that same article...

Nonetheless, it’s somewhat surprising, in my eyes, that the Rockies felt comfortable parting with four years of Dickerson for two years of a reliever, however excellent he may be, and one mid-level pitching prospect. Colorado, of course, may see considerably more in Marquez than others in the industry, and they may also have had concerns about Dickerson’s diminished plate discipline and increased strikeout rate.
    ...Have the Rockies ever made a deal that seemed like a clear cut win for them?

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

http://www.denverpost.com/psaunders/...huge-precedent

Interesting little article in the DP. The first part of the article is about Reyes and the possible punishment coming down for his domestic violence issue. The article hints at a possible 80 game suspension. I really wish there was some way we could get out from under this ******* idiot's contract.

The second part of the article is just a couple paragraphs about an MLB Network show which ranked Nolan Arenado as the 6th best 3rd baseman in the Majors, are ******* lkidding me MLB network? Thats the dumbest ******* thing I've ever seen, who did the rankings? Coach Chaz?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

13. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Turner is the only one I think shouldn't be above him. So I don't think it's all that ridiculous at all.

All of their analysts are saying the same thing about the computer generated rankings. Bill James said he should be fifth. I'll take his word for it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Putting Turner above him is absolutely absurd. You could debate any of the remaining 5 - but I'd argue Arenado's game is more complete than all of those guys (Beltre has a similar game but is obviously in the latter half of his career.)

16. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Putting Turner above him is absolutely absurd. You could debate any of the remaining 5 - but I'd argue Arenado's game is more complete than all of those guys (Beltre has a similar game but is obviously in the latter half of his career.)
    All of the analysts said the same thing. I agree.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    http://www.denverpost.com/psaunders/...huge-precedent

Interesting little article in the DP. The first part of the article is about Reyes and the possible punishment coming down for his domestic violence issue. The article hints at a possible 80 game suspension. I really wish there was some way we could get out from under this ******* idiot's contract.

The second part of the article is just a couple paragraphs about an MLB Network show which ranked Nolan Arenado as the 6th best 3rd baseman in the Majors, are ******* lkidding me MLB network? Thats the dumbest ******* thing I've ever seen, who did the rankings? Coach Chaz?
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Turner is the only one I think shouldn't be above him. So I don't think it's all that ridiculous at all.

All of their analysts are saying the same thing about the computer generated rankings. Bill James said he should be fifth. I'll take his word for it.
    Always the assumption that I have a hatred for the Rockies. Quite honestly, I never say anything that isnt true. When you find baseball analysts and front office people that dont take Rockies players ridiculous home/away splits into consideration...let me know.

Nevertheless...my rankings would have been different.

1. Machado
    2. Arenado
    3. Donaldson
    4. Bryant
    5. Beltre

Machado and Arenado could very well be 1a and 1b, but while both are great defensive players, I'll give a slight edge to Machado because he can do it at 3B and SS and because his numbers come from the leadoff spot. Technicalities? yes...but someone has to be #1) Either way...both players are going to be great to watch and will top this list for the next 10+ years. Or at least until JJ Hardy is gone.

I put them ahead of Donaldson because I think last year is an aberration when it comes to his defense. I need more than one decent year to consider him a defensive asset. I think Bryant will obviously be there for years to come as well, but after just one year...he has time to claim a higher spot. Beltre is a defensive stud, but coming close to the end of his career and his bat is slowing.

So...applaud me for recognizing Arenado's greatness, or bash me for not putting him number one. Either way, these lists are completely relative to situations and typically pretty useless.

19. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Colorado Rockies to raise outfield fences at Coors Field

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — After years of watching home runs fly out of Coors Field at a heightened clip, the Rockies on Tuesday said they will raise their outfield fences to tamp down on the longballs.

It may mean the biggest change to how baseball is played at altitude since a humidor was installed at Colorado in 2002.

"The goal is to raise the wall heights to make it potentially more playable and more fair — for pitchers," Rockies general manager Jeff Bridich said. "We really don't know, excactly, the effect it is going to have. We are going to live it together, this year, and see what happens."
    AND
    Over the past three seasons, teams have hit 577 home runs at Coors Field, the most in the National League. Three AL ballparks, with the benefit of the designated hitter, netted more home runs: Camden Yards in Baltimore (629), Rogers Centre in Toronto (603) and Yankee Stadium in New York (571).
    full article - http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...at-coors-field

So, there are three baseball fields at very low altitude, netting more homeruns than at Coors field - with the high altitude - the high altitude that practically everyone bases the reason for homeruns at Coors field on

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Homeruns arent the problem at Coors field, it's the doubles and triples caused by the enormous outfield.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Homeruns arent the problem at Coors field, it's the doubles and triples caused by the enormous outfield.
    For years, many have stated that there are more homeruns at Coors field because of the altitude.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information