Page 447 of 575 FirstFirst ... 347 397 437 445 446 447 448 449 457 497 547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Cargo!!!!!
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Another complete game for Chris Rusin. I can't remember the last time a Rockies pitcher had 2 CGs in one season. And Cargo is officially the hottest hitter on the planet right now, he hit 2 more HRs tonight.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Why the **** is Willin Rosario catching for this team today? What in the hell does that do for this franchise going forward? I know Hundley is nicked up, so why don't we put Nick on the 15 day DL? It's not like we need to see Hundley more, we know what we have with him (I really like Nick BTW he's been a very good pick up for us). We should bring up Murphy and give him some late season MLB reps, this franchise has its head up its ass.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Why the **** is Willin Rosario catching for this team today? What in the hell does that do for this franchise going forward? I know Hundley is nicked up, so why don't we put Nick on the 15 day DL? It's not like we need to see Hundley more, we know what we have with him (I really like Nick BTW he's been a very good pick up for us). We should bring up Murphy and give him some late season MLB reps, this franchise has its head up its ass.
    I think this was probably more driven by logistics. Day game after a night game was probably too short of notice to make any significant roster move. I don't think our current management is dumb enough to think that Wilin has any value as a catcher.

5. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think this was probably more driven by logistics. Day game after a night game was probably too short of notice to make any significant roster move. I don't think our current management is dumb enough to think that Wilin has any value as a catcher.
    That makes sense, I just get frustrated when there's a guy like Murphy sitting in ABQ and Willin has the gear on. Also, Nick has been out for a few days, they've had time to make a decision.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

That makes sense, I just get frustrated when there's a guy like Murphy sitting in ABQ and Willin has the gear on. Also, Nick has been out for a few days, they've had time to make a decision.
    Right, but they have Garneau called up, who played last night... Plus they have Paulsen & Morneau at 1B. I think because Nick's injury's severity was uncertain and he's not on the DL, they weren't going to carry 4 catchers. But you make a valid point that they should probably just DL him.

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I miss Tulo. Reyes bums me out.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I miss Tulo. Reyes bums me out.
    Reyes is the worst. Would be great if we could unload him this offseason. But I'm not really nostalgic about Tulo - we tried to win with him and never could, so it was time to get what value we could for him. Plus after seeing him struggle and then get injured, I'm grateful that we didn't wait until his trade value had completely dried up.

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Reyes is the worst. Would be great if we could unload him this offseason. But I'm not really nostalgic about Tulo - we tried to win with him and never could, so it was time to get what value we could for him. Plus after seeing him struggle and then get injured, I'm grateful that we didn't wait until his trade value had completely dried up.
    I totally agree with you and I'm kinda stoked about the prospects we got. I think I just miss the level of play that Tulo was capable of playing. I especially miss the defense Tulo was capable of playing. I love the way Tulo throws the ball across the diamond. How close is story to coming up do you think?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

My wife just made a good point she said the Rockies should play all their games in California because it would solve California's drought problem.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I totally agree with you and I'm kinda stoked about the prospects we got. I think I just miss the level of play that Tulo was capable of playing. I especially miss the defense Tulo was capable of playing. I love the way Tulo throws the ball across the diamond. How close is story to coming up do you think?
    Yeah it was easy to take Tulo's glove for granted. I assume Story won't be up this year since they didn't make any move to bring him up when rosters expanded. I'm not really sure what their plans are for next year - I'd think they'd try and move Reyes, but we probably won't be able to, and would they let the kid be the opening day SS having never seen any action in the show?

15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Maybe I'm wrong but it sure looks like Reyes is mailing it in at this point.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Rockies GM hints that manager Walt Weiss could be fired -

Rockies general manager Jeff Bridich was asked Sunday during an MLB Network Radio interview about manager Walt Weiss’ job status and danced around the issue, declining to say Weiss would be back next season despite being under contract for another year.

"He’s got another year on his contract, everybody knows that. We’ll have meetings and sit down and talk and see what the right fit is. This isn’t the time or place yet to say 100 percent yes or no. He’s got to have a part in that too. We’ll let the season play out before we make that determination."

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/09/21/...ould-be-fired/
    I would like to see us go in another direction for next season. Walt's a good enough guy, but not sure he's adding much value.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Rockies GM hints that manager Walt Weiss could be fired -

I would like to see us go in another direction for next season. Walt's a good enough guy, but not sure he's adding much value.
    What names come to mind for a replacement? Is there anyone that can help turn this thing around?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

What names come to mind for a replacement? Is there anyone that can help turn this thing around?
    No idea - preferably someone who wasn't coaching high school baseball previously. I don't think coaching is as important in baseball as some other sports... I just want someone who is analytical and forward thinking. Weiss is too old school - he lost me earlier this year when he had a lefty warming up to face a lefty in the bottom of the 8th... But then he ran Axford out there in the 9th to face that lefty - because he adheres to some outdated philosophy on letting his closer get saves instead of playing the best matchup.

20. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information