Page 552 of 575 FirstFirst ... 52 452 502 542 550 551 552 553 554 562 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    The starting pitching gives me hope. What happened to Hoffman?
    6-8, 4.94 ERA in 21 starts at Albuquerque.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck Retweeted
    Rockies PR
    ‏Verified account @RockiesPR
    1h1 hour ago

Rockies PR Retweeted Colorado Rockies

Arenado now has a franchise record six Gold Gloves. He is the seventh third baseman to win at least six Gold Gloves, the third NL third baseman to do so (Mike Schmidt, Scott Rolen). Arenado and Schmidt are the only NL third baseman to win at least six consecutive Gold Gloves.

Troy Renck
    ‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    1h1 hour ago

#Rockies Nolan Arenado immediately thanked me for congratulatory text. As did DJ LeMahieu. These two are humble and embrace the grind of practice, of the small details. They play winning baseball because they put in the time. Over and over again. Happy for them both. #Denver7

Troy Renck
    1h1 hour ago

Now for something completely different, #Rockies Nolan Arenado won his 6th consecutive Gold Glove tonight. And DJ LeMahieu won his third. Well-deserved. Nolan could go down in history as greatest third baseman ever. #Denver7

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies German Marquez, Nolan Arenado and Trevor Story win Silver Slugger Awards

Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado smashed 38 home runs to lead the National League. Shortstop Trevor Story hit 37, including a memorable 505-foot, three-home run game on Sept. 5 vs. San Francisco that ranks as the longest in Coors Field History.

Were they Louisville Silver Slugger winners when the awards were announced Thursday? Check, and check.

But move over guys, and make room for German Marquez, who became the first Rockies pitcher since Mike Hampton in 2002 to win a Silver Slugger. Marquez, 23, hit .300 (18-for-60) to lead all National League starting pitchers and also led pitchers with a .350 slugging percentage.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2018/11/0...ilver-slugger/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Daniel Murphy agrees to two-year, $24 million deal with Colorado Rockies - http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...lorado-rockies

I'm excited about this... I guess we're going to play him at 1B, which should plug a big hole in the lineup.

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Yankees have DJ Lemahieu deal as Manny Machado hopes fade

The Yankees are adding an infielder, just not the one many were expecting.

The YES Network is reporting that the Yankees have agreed to a two-year deal with DJ Lemahieu, which if completed would likely close the door on the team signing Manny Machado. The deal is expected to be in the $24 million range.

Lemahieu has mostly played second base, but has seen time at third as well. Lemahieu won the battle title for the Rockies in 2016 , hitting .348 and has a career .298 average. He hit a career-high 15 home runs last season in Colorado.
    https://nypost.com/2019/01/11/yankee...do-hopes-fade/

Troy Renck Retweeted Jack Curry
    Jack Curry
    ‏Verified account @JackCurryYES

The Yankees plan to use LeMahieu as a versatile player around the infield. They will use him at second base, first base and third base.

Troy Renck
    16m16 minutes ago

Saw two-year, $24 million deal. Love DJ. Winning player. Tulo has his old teammate in fold #Denver7

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Ottavino is a Yankee too.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Ottavino is a Yankee too.
    I am not happy about this, but I don't blame Adam

Troy Renck
    38m38 minutes ago

They pushed chips to center of table with $106 million on Davis, Shaw and McGee. Davis was fine. Shaw and McGee bottomed out. Need them to rebound because there is no market to trade them

Troy Renck
    46m46 minutes ago

One of baseball's best relievers is heading home. Adam Ottavino leaves #Rockies, signs three-year deal with #Yankees. He will find familiar faces there. My #Denver7 story: http://bit.ly/2CqiTp6

Troy Renck
    2h2 hours ago

Think #Rockies will miss Ottavino? Hide your eyes. Held hitters to .120 average at Coors Field last season in 34 1/3 ip. Overall, held hitters to .158 average, including .142 mark for righties. He fanned 67 righties in 149 at-bats. Total dominance. Good bye slider, my old friend

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Not feeling great about my Rockies this upcoming season. Feels like they gave it their best shot the last two seasons and are now just going to wait for their next window when our young pitching staff has matured and some of our farm guys become contributors. I have very little faith that Nolan will be a Rockie long term, in fact if we start slow I'm prepping my self (and my son who will be very pissed) for a possible trade.
    Last edited by chazoe60; 01-17-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Not feeling great about my Rockies this upcoming season. Feels like they gave it their best shot the last two seasons and are now just going to wait for their next window when our young pitching staff has matured and some of our farm guys become contributors. I have very little faith that Nolan will be a Rockie long term, in fact if we start slow I'm prepping my self (and my son who will be very pissed) for a possible trade.
    I hope we trade him, honestly... These mega contracts in baseball are ridiculous - and ending up in some Pujols-like 10 year deal is going to end badly... Flip him for some real assets while he has value because we're never going to be the team who can rebuild through free agency.

I like the Daniel Murphy acquisition - but they plan to use him at 1B so I'm not totally clear on who is going to play 2B. And then catcher remains a gaping hole.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I hope we trade him, honestly... These mega contracts in baseball are ridiculous - and ending up in some Pujols-like 10 year deal is going to end badly... Flip him for some real assets while he has value because we're never going to be the team who can rebuild through free agency.

I like the Daniel Murphy acquisition - but they plan to use him at 1B so I'm not totally clear on who is going to play 2B. And then catcher remains a gaping hole.
    2b will be McMahon or Rodgers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    2b will be McMahon or Rodgers.
    I hope it's Rodgers. Can McMahon play 2B? As long as we're not expecting Hampson to slide into an everyday role I think I'm good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I hope it's Rodgers. Can McMahon play 2B? As long as we're not expecting Hampson to slide into an everyday role I think I'm good.
    Yeah McMahon has played some 2B. He came up as a 3B but in the majors has played 2B, 3B and 1B.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

To add

The funny thing about McMahon playing 2B is that he kinda reminds me of DJ, defensively. He's a pretty good defender, how he reminds me of DJ is that he's tall and rangey.

I'm curious about Rodgers' defense. I know defense in baseball basically doesn't matter but it's actually my favorite aspect of the game. I would much rather watch a great defensive play than a HR.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Not a surprise: Arenado is getting $26 million in arbitration, which is a record.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information