Page 476 of 575 FirstFirst ... 376 426 466 474 475 476 477 478 486 526 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I hadn't even looked at the manager search rumors yet this morning. I don't like that at all.
    My focus would be on Wash and Gardy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Bud Black confirms his interest in vacant Rockies manager job

Bud Black, the former manager for the San Diego Padres, told The Denver Post on Tuesday that he is interested in managing the Rockies.

The Rockies are searching for a new manager after Walt Weiss’ four-year tenure ended last week. The club has not confirmed that Black is a candidate to replace Weiss.

Black was a finalist for the Atlanta Braves job, but the team announced Tuesday that Brian Snitker would be its manager for the 2017 season.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/11...ckies-manager/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

3. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Good call Buff.

Dear Rockies management,

Don't overthink this.

Signed,
    Fans
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Get it done.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

Default Bo Porter latest to express interest in Colorado Rockies manager position

from article:

Other candidates who have recently expressed interest in interviewing for the Rockies’ open position are former Brewers manager Ron Roenicke and former Padres manager Bud Black. There is also no shortage of candidates who do not have any managerial experience in the majors, including Eddie Perez and Rockies’ Triple-A manager Glenallen Hill

Harding also reported that the Rockies are looking for a manager “who will apply statistics and other research into managing and coaching, and who are adept at various methods for creating team chemistry.” In addition to the candidates expressing interest, the type of manager that the Rockies want is also starting to become clear.
    full article - http://www.purplerow.com/2016/10/14/...aves-bo-porter

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Why hire Black when we can hire somebody inexperienced and completely over their heads?

#because
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Rockies have hired Bud Black.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Rockies have hired Bud Black.
    Woo-hoo ! Yes something to be excited about.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The hiring of Black jogged my memory and I'm recalling an interview he did with the Rox crew in which he heaped praise on our entire lineup but especially 3 players whom he said were arguably the best in the MLB at what they do and those 3 guys were Blackmon, DJ and Nolan. He was pretty over the top with his comments on those guys and actually said something to the effect that he believed the Rockies had the best lineup in all of baseball.

He's probably pretty excited knowing that the lineup will be strong and he needs to fix the pitching which is his specialty.

With Trevor coming back healthy, Dahl gaining some experience and Tapia looking like a promising prospect to go along with the vets we have the lineup looks to be solid. I wanna know what they're going to do at 1st base. I think the Catching duties will fall to Murphy and Wolters which is a young combo that I really like.

It all comes down to pitching and as bad as that usually is I see some things from young guys that I really like. I'm hopeful.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

As I said a while back - I'm encouraged that our manager has experience and knowledge about what it takes to be a successful MLB pitcher. That's an improvement.

Until management makes a real commitment to improving the pitching talent it won't matter much, though.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

As I said a while back - I'm encouraged that our manager has experience and knowledge about what it takes to be a successful MLB pitcher. That's an improvement.

Until management makes a real commitment to improving the pitching talent it won't matter much, though.
    Yes. Walt was only part of the problem. The rest of the problem remains...
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:

Default Bud Black reaches agreement with Colorado Rockies to become new manager

For the first time the Colorado Rockies will turn to a former pitcher to guide the team.

The Rockies have reached an agreement with Bud Black to be their manager, according to a major league source. The team announced a news conference Monday at 11 a.m. to introduce its new manager

Black will take over for Walt Weiss, who resigned one day after the season ended following four years running the team.

“I’m really excited and really happy to hear the news,” star third baseman Nolan Arenado said. “I think this can be a huge plus for us. I don’t know Bud personally, but I have heard great things about him. I’ve already talked to some of his former players from San Diego and all I’ve heard is great things about him.”
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/06...k-new-manager/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

19. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Matt Holliday says he’s open to signing with the Colorado Rockies

When former Rockies’ outfielder Matt Holliday was asked about the prospects of returning to Colorado, he said, according to Casey Stern of MLB Network Radio: “I'd consider it for sure. Great young team. I'd be interested for a [number] of reasons.” While that’s a patently untitillating remark, Stern followed up with emotional layering. He said that Holliday was “CLEARLY very excited by the idea of returning to the Rockies.” CLEARLY.

There is no report here from the Rockies side, but this looks like a great match for a few reasons.

Holliday is coming off of a poor-for-him season but still above average season. He will be 37 next season. Couple that with the fact that he spent some time on the disabled list in 2016, and a move to first base makes sense if he’s to continue playing at all in the National League (he also profiles as a solid DH). Holliday wouldn’t be completely unfamiliar with the position, as he also played 10 games at first for the Cardinals last season.
    rest - http://www.purplerow.com/2016/11/9/1...day-first-base

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nolan Arenado wins 4th consecutive National League Gold Glove award

The baseball rolls slowly up the third baseline, but like a flash of lightning, Nolan Arenado bare-hands the ball and throws a strike to first base, nipping the runner by half a step.

The baseball sizzles toward left field, looking like a sure base hit, but Arenado is there to snag it, throw across his body and start a double play at second base.

Game after game, the Rockies’ 25-year-old slugging third baseman pulls off another web gem. The spectacular has become routine, but not to be taken for granted.

Tuesday night, Arenado won another Gold Glove, becoming the first third baseman in major-league history to win four consecutive Gold Gloves to begin his career. The only other third baseman to begin his career with three Gold Gloves in a row was the Red Sox’s Frank Malzone, who won from 1957-59.

“Yeah, it’s an amazing thing,” Arenado said. “I have worked really hard at my defense. This is something I take a lot of pride in that. I have to thank God that I have been able to stay healthy, for the most part. It’s a good feeling that your hard work pays off.”
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/08...d-glove-award/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

22. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

I'd be cool with Matt at 1st if the money was reasonable. Since we now have a real manager, gimme that, and some bullpen help and I might actually enjoy sports in the spring/summer for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information